MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Brush Set

MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Brush Set
Hello Kitty Brush SetHello Kitty Brush Set

3.2

on 2/12/2009 12:20:00 AM

I would give this a 3.5 because the quality of the brushes is not spectacular and you only get 3, where you get 5 in other brush sets from Mac. I think this is more of a novalty item for the Hello Kitty or Mac collector. The brushes are NOT made as well as the full sized. The 109 brush is like half the size of the full sized brush. The brush holder is shaped like Hello Kitty's head and is super cute and very sturdy, made of heavy plastic. I think these brushes would be great for on the go touch ups or travel.

well the brush holder itself is high quality. sturdy heavy plastic but the brushes are terrible. hard and sratchy.These brushes are the only downside in the collection. I will be returning it.

on 2/12/2009 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i had no interest in buying this but i did look at it at the store so wanted to give my opinion on it. this is honestly crap. though the container is cute as hell, the quality of brushes are very poor (what you should expect for most brush sets to begin with). hello kitty's 187 is nothing comparable to the regular 187, and ditto for the two other brushes as well. if you are considering of buying brushes, please dont waste your money and buy the regular MAC brushes. even though those are way more expensive, it is worth the money!

Overall, this is an adorable brush set and holder. The brushes selected are an excellent combination of a few of my all time MAC favourites (187, 109, 239) and the cup is sturdy and oh so very cute. I like that it is made from moulded plastic so it can be wiped out with a damp cloth for cleaning.

I agree, the MAC se brushes are not the same quality as the full size MAC brushes. Based on my experience (and reading the reviews online), this is generally true about most travel sized brushes. However, the smaller brushes are awesome for carrying in a purse.

on 2/13/2009 1:29:00 AM

Well, I didn't get this brush set. but I did check it out in MAC store.

The brush holder is so freaking cute!!!! And it comes with 3 small brushes. I almost got the set because of the holder, but the brushes are crap! (the small brushes from other MAC brush sets are usually not as good as the regular brushes, but they're not crappy). The smaller version of 187 is nothing compare to the regular size 187. The other face brush, i have no idea what number it is, but it is crap also, because of the fact that it's so small for apply powder or blush...., anything, pretty much useless I think. The small version of 239 in my opinion is the best brush from this set, is pretty much the same quality as other small brushes from MAC brush set.

If you actually want some good brushes, you won't want to get this, because the quality of the three brushes is nothing compare to the full size ones, it doesn't worse the price of it. But if you're getting it because the brush holder is so cute (it really is), then I have nothing to say....

on 2/13/2009 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The 2 lippies are for the cup, the brushes in my opinion deserve no point at all. I have all three brushes in full size, which are 187, 109, and 239. If you place the full sized one side by side with this SE one, you can clearly see the difference without touching it. The white hair for 187 is very low quality with a pale bluish hue. The 109 is only half the size of the original, 239 is rougher than full sized. I think these are worse in quality compared to the Heirloom set for sure, can't comment on the Passionately red since i do not own any.
If you only want the cup, buy a mug/container from Sanrio, way better quality and cheaper. This cup is too low to hold the full sized ones anyways.

on 2/13/2009 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Sorry but I actually am fond of this set. This was the first thing I put on my list when I saw the HK collection. The high rating of this is based on the cuteness factor. The cup is very cute and good quality, it has nice non-slip felt on the bottom and it even holds up when I put my long handle MAC brushes in it (see my pic). The brushes it comes with are "eh" but, they will come in handy for travel. The 187se is like a bootleg version of the real 187. Its the same size as the 187 but its plastic-y and has a blue tinge (weird). I have the 187 and I use it for pigmented blushes. I use 187se in this brush for a highlighter and it worked just fine. The eye brush seems close in quality to the normal 239 and does a good job on shadows. The 109 (if that's what they want to call it) is super tiny! I laughed out loud when I read it was supposed to be a 109 (since these brushes aren't numbers- hate that too). Still figuring what to use the baby 109 for, probably just use for blush when I travel or something. This is so cute which makes up for the mediocrity in my view.

on 2/13/2009 7:59:00 AM

I didn't buy this product but I couldn't stand not giving my peice for this product. The brush holder is of high quality but the brushes especially the 187se was extremely flimsy and abrasive. The other two eye brushes were highly abrasive even when applying a cream based product. The brush holder itself is made of high quality grade polished plastic and is very thick so it won't break easily. It also has a velet base so you won't have to worry about your brush handles getting scratched or smashed up.

on 2/13/2009 9:27:00 AM

It's not THAT bad.

Hello Kitty holder is great, it holds my full sized ones with no problem.

The brushes are alright. If you're a beginner and starting out with brushes, I recommend getting this instead to play around with the brushes and then upgrading yourself to the full sized ones lolz :)

But I loveeeee the handles...but that's just my opinion (it's easier to clean plastic than wood haha)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't get all the hate for this set. Yes, the brushes aren't as amazing quality as the full size ones, but they are a lot cheaper, and therefore more cheaply made. They are not terrible or scratchy, in my opinion, and are the perfect size for throwing in your makeup bag in your purse or for traveling. Plus, all three brushes are good ones I will use a lot.

Popular Makeup Brushes