3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

Like everyone else says, the brush holder is very cute but I hate these brushes. I am okay with MAC brushes, but any of their brushes that come in a set are always trash to me. The brushes shed like no other, metal part is loosely attached to the handle, and the bristles are pretty rough. I would've been better off going to the Sanrio and buying some cups to hold my brushes.

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

9 years ago

I bought this brush set because of the cup, it was just too adorable. The brushes however, are horrible. While I think it's a good basic set, particularly for traveling, the quality does not compare to the full size brushes. My 187SE sheds and bleeds dye. It STILL sheds and bleeds dye! The 239SE is scratchy. The only brush I liked in the set was the 109SE (although it bleeds dye every time I wash it), even though it is useless for contouring, it was useful in blending eyeshadow.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

10 years ago

I'm huge a Hello Kitty fan so I bought it for the sole purpose of the adorable container, the brushes were more of a bonus. The 239 is rough and scratchy, the 109 I like buts its kinda stiff and the 187 is alright- kinda flimsy. I gave it 4 lippies because the cuteness of the Hello Kitty container makes up for the sucki-ness of the brushes LOL!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlond

11 years ago

I actually bought my set on Ebay--that's how much I wanted it! I don't even want to tell you how much I paid for it...I almost regret it but I love the brush cup sooo much, I keep all my brushes in it and I think it looks adorable on my counter. I would say the brushes are pretty average so I would only recommend buying this if you're a huge HK and MAC fan--like me!

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

11 years ago

This was the whole reason why I wanted to buy anything from the Hello Kitty collection. The cup is adorable, I love it. But the brushes are really bad. I haven't tried the 139, the 187 shed's A LOT and it feels super flimsy, I mostly use it just to buff out or apply finishing powder. The 109 I actually like, because of how small it is. But it also shed's and bleeds. I don't own any full size MAC brushes, but from the bad quality of the these I think I just might fork out the rest of the money to get the real thing. I've heard so many good things about the 109 and 187 and these products make me think they're bad brushes.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

from

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

11 years ago

i really like the hello kitty cup container. the brushes are ok. my favorite is the 239. the 187 and 109 bleed black when i was them. i am really disapointed b/c of that.

About reviewer (184 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrunette

11 years ago

I just tried out these brushes today after receiving them a couple weeks ago. If you're thinking about buying this set soley for the brushes.. I wouldn't. But the 187 isn't too bad. It's pretty soft. I use it to apply blush and it works fairly well. However I loveee the cup it comes in, it's so cute =) I use it to keep all my eyeliners/shadesticks/mascara/lipliners/etc.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesOther

11 years ago

i hate these brushes so much!!!!!!!! This the 1st time ive ever brought brushes in a set and it will never happen again. they bleed and the eye brush is so rough it hurts!! i love mac brushes but this set is worst than a cheap drugstore set!!! DO NOT BUY

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

11 years ago

This is the 3rd brush set I have purchased and by far the worste!! I bought this set and was very disappointed by the quality of the brushes. There was an awful odor to them- like wet goat that would not wash out, but the dye that did come out was more than I've EVER seen come from a brush. I washed these 4 times before I gave up and returned them. I would call this my worst purchase from Mac :(

Age36-43