MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Brush Set

Hello Kitty Brush SetHello Kitty Brush Set

3.4

on 3/14/2009 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Scratchy brushes. I love the container though.

on 2/16/2009 3:18:00 PM

This is a great little brush set. I am not into mac in the least, but when I saw the HK line, I figured I would try them out. The 187se is a great brush for blush, love it to no end. I use my prescriptives bronzer skunk brush for my face. The holder is amazingly cute and it fits almost all my brushes and makes me smile every time I see it :) The other brushes are ok... I would guess these little ones are great for travel. I am very happy with my purchase and I will continue to love my set for a good while, I predict. I think I will venture off into buying the real 187... soon :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ok, So I am usually not into MAC products but ended up going nuts with this hello kitty stuff. I purchased the HK brush set for a few reasons. 1. It is way too cute. 2. I had always wanted to try the 187. 3. I felt it was a good deal for 3 brushes and a holder.

I am very pleased with this set. The cup is very well built and much larger than expected. It holds a large selection of my brushes.
The 187se is also very nice. Mine did bleed upon washing but it did not affect my foundation application. This brush worked very well with my foundation and it does not "eat" a boat load of product like other brushes i have used for foundation application. So it pleases me that I am not wasting product and still get a nice airbrushed look. I do wish it was a bit more dense and sturdy, but I wil continue to use it.

As for the other brushes, they are cute and functional but I really haven't used them much.
I really recommend this product and would def. purchase again. continued >>

I am a HK fanatic and I was debating on whether to get this brush set. I already owned a 187 full size brush but I did want the 239 brush. I went ahead and purchased the brush set because I loved the adorable cup holder shaped like Hello Kitty's face. Also for 49.50 you get 3 brushes which is a good deal. I read a lot of negative reviews which was very odd. The brush holder cup is very sturdy and it is large enough to hold all of my brushes. Also the brushes that came with the set were very soft and durable. I purchased my brush kit from the MAC Pro store in downtown Chicago. I don't know if there are a bad batch of HK brush sets being sold but I can tell you I am truly satisfied with mine.

on 2/15/2009 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am surprised to see all the ultra negative reviews for this set. I don't think it's significantly worse than any other MAC SE brush set. I bought this set because I wanted to try out the 109 SE brush. I'd been debating getting a full-size 109. The MA at the store let me compare her full size to the Hello Kitty SE109 and they looked very similar in size. So I bought this set for the 109SE and thought I can always use the other 2 brushes for travel. I agree with a reviewer below regarding the bleeding of the 187SE in the HK set. It did bleed black dye - but after 2 wahes that stopped. I own other MAC SE sets and full size brushes for each of these brushes - except the 109. I've found them to be just as good as my other MAC brushes in terms of application. I do wonder if the 109SE is inferior to the full-size 109. Maybe I have thick skin, but I just don't notice them being "scratchy." Would I buy again? No - but mostly because I already the brushes. For someone looking to try out some of MAC's best basic brushes - I think this is just as good as other SE sets.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I gave one lippy for the cute cup but this Hello Crappy makeup brush set doesn't deserve a better rap than that because nobody in their right minds would buy this just for the cup alone....surely? The brushes feel stiff and the transfer of makeup is just plain poor. Had I just bought this without seeing it first I would have given it straight to my 8 year old daughter!

This whole collection is rather childish and gimmicky. continued >>

Perhaps I got lucky, but my brushes are really not that bad at all - particularly the 187 & 239. I absolutely agree that they are not comparable to the full size brushes, however in my experience the sets never are. As far as the cup goes, it is sturdy and can hold a decent amount. It also has a felt type material on the bottom so it won't scratch or stain whatever surface you put it on, and if you are a fan of Hello Kitty it goes without saying that the look of the cup is a total bonus.
When it comes to the price I guess that is the issue that is most open to debate. I can see where people feel that it is overpriced but overall it is all in the way you look at it. For me, I have no regrets and am pleased with the set. Hope this review helped.

Popular Makeup Brushes