MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Brush Set

Hello Kitty Brush SetHello Kitty Brush Set

3.2

on 3/30/2009 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i hate these brushes so much!!!!!!!! This the 1st time ive ever brought brushes in a set and it will never happen again. they bleed and the eye brush is so rough it hurts!! i love mac brushes but this set is worst than a cheap drugstore set!!! DO NOT BUY

I think the cup is very cute. It's great for my shorter brushes and I've seen it used as a lipstick holder too. The brushes are okay. I use them for overnight use to stash in my bag. The 239 has a side that scratches my lids. The others are okay, but I'm not that excited over the whole thing!

on 3/14/2009 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Anyone out there that feels they HAVE 2 have this SAVE UR $$$ & BUY SOMETHING ELSE! It's really a complete waste of $$$. The 109 quality is like a brush that comes with a really cheap drugstore blush (& I have the regular 109 brush & LUV LUV LUV it, so anyone who got this for that brush, it is not even close to the same). Everytime u wash the 187 it's like a river of blue dye & the 239 is all jagged & uneven. When the collection came out I bought 2 thinking it was gonna be great. I sent back one & kept the other. The cup is cute, but it's just a plastic cup. Not worth $50 @ all.

I got this brush set because of two reasons:
1. I want to try the legendary #187.
2. I like the brush holder of this HK series.
And my two lippies are for the result of those two above.

There are more disappointments in this brush set than satisfaction. That said, there is still some satisfaction. I really wanted to return it the night I got it. Because the quality of 109SE and 239SE are below my expectation. But as I said, I bought the set for trying out 187SE and the lovely brush holder.
I used the 187SE to apply liquid foundation and I was pretty happy with the result. I also like how it works with highly pigmented blush. It brings out a natural look.

I don't have anything similar to 239SE so it is useful for me. I do hope it's softer so I don't worry about hurting myself when using it.

And 109SE is not the point of my purchase at all. But I do find it usable for highlighting in C areas.

Besides I love the brush holder which can contain all my brushes and looks cute on my desk.

So I kept this set instead of returning it. The SE brushes are great for travel but they don't work as well as regular ones.

I've been wanting the MAC 109 brush for a while... And I'm a huge Hello Kitty fan so, when I found out that MAC was including the 109 brush with the Hello Kitty set I was sold. I'm not as happy as I thought I would be. The 109 brush I had been longing for sheds like crazy even after being washed and conditioned and was full of dye. I was so sad! I like the 239 brush a lot and the 187 brush is fine too. When I think back on it... I wish I would have just bought the 109 brush by it's self.

on 2/19/2009 6:13:00 AM

I just got my Hello Kitty Brush Set today in the mail because I live overseas and I was really worried that I wouldn't like the set because there are a lot of negative reviews about the set. Anyway, I like this brush set. It's cute. It is small but I'm happy with it. The 187SE is not like the actual 187 brush BUT it is soft. The only bad thing in my opinion is the dye. There is ALOT of dye but it's still really soft. I haven't used any of the brushes yet. I don't have a 109 or a 239 brush yet but I'll be getting them. I really like the handles on all the brushes though. For the most part, it's a CUTE brush set. I'm happy that I got the set before it sold out.

So I finally got my MAC order today and I love it !! The 187 brush is very soft anf definitely not irritating at all. I have very sensitive skin and tend to get very irrititated when bad brushes hit my face ! I am very happy with my purchase and glad I got this LE Set. As for the other brushes they are wonderful and very useful in precision application in eyeshadows and blush.

on 2/16/2009 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was skeptical of this since I usually don't like their SE brushes that come in their holiday sets. I purchased this anyways for the cute cup and was suprised that I didn't hate the brushes. The quality isn't as good as the full sized hand made ones, however, I tried all three yesterday and today and love them! They apply makeup just fine. They aren't scratchy or irritating to the skin. Ended up hunting 3 more brush sets down to send to my sister and 2 of my friends I know would love it. Cup is pretty hefty/sturdy too. It's a lot heavier than I expected for a plastic cup.

I am really happy with my HK brushes. The 239SE bristles are a little longer than the ones on the regular 239, and it's a bit thicker, but after washing, the bristles are (nearly) as soft as the regular.

I don't own a regular 187 or 109, and have been trying to decide whether I should get them. This is why I bought the set (since I already own two 239s). I use a 182 to apply my mineral makeup powder, and I used Coastal Scents Skunk 'dupes' for blush. I'm glad that this 187SE is between the size of a 187 and 188. It's just perfect for my cheek bones. I love this 187SE because it is stiffer than the CS dupes, but not to dense for soft blush application. I find that this brush picks up more color on just a swipe or two, and deposits every bit of color very well! I think I might be a little sad if I bought this brush for foundation application, because it doesn't seem big enough or dense enough to do a great job for that. I like this as a blush brush just a little more than my 129SH.

I love the 109SE for contouring. It is just the right size for the hollows of my cheek. I will always prefer my 138, because that applies color very well and blends it out at the same time, but when I want more visible contouring, I will use this 109SE. I cannot compare it to the regular 109 in size or quality, but it seems much smaller than the pictures and YouTube videos that I have seen featuring this brush. It's just the perfect thing for coutouring or highlighting, even though it is not as soft as the other natural hair brushes that I have.

I am torn as to whether or not I would buy this again, because all in all I am very happy with the brushes that I got. I have a growing collection of brushes now, and none of these brushes were really MUST haves for my daily use, but I it really was worth paying $50 for these instead of the $79+ for the two face brushes. UNLESS you want the 187 for foundation, (which I almost wish I bought instead). In that case, skip the set and go for the full size. Also, the little cup is a cute bonus, but you can get one off ebay for less than $5, as well as a white HK purse mirror for less than $10 with shipping!!

on 2/14/2009 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i bought this set because i love hello kitty & its a cute little set. my brushes are soft & i while washing them, they didnt have a lot of dye coming out of them which was good. i do my mu on my way to work or at work, so these are perfect for me. i love the full size mac brushes & my other full size brushes, but they are not convenient for me while im trying to do mu on the run. the cup is very sturdy & it can hold full size brushes :)
the only downside is the price-its too expensive.

Popular Makeup Brushes