Weleda Calendula Essence

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I can`t believe I have not reviewed this fantastic product yet! This is my all time favorite spot treatment. This and diacneal got rid of my acne two years ago. I was also purging a lot from diacneal and this got rid of any inflamed zit overnight. I had a terrible time using finacea for the last month. Breakouts like I haven`t had in years (I used it in order to get rid of "leftovers" and red spots). I started diacneal together with the Calendula essence used as a spot treatment again and my skin is clearing up in an incredible fast pace. I also use this for healing minor scratches and wounds. Everybody should keep a bottle of this handy imo as it is so versatile and I highly recommend this for treating acne. It is a bit drying so people with dry skin like me should consider moisturizing after letting this dry. It works best using it UNDER moisturizer or treatments. In Germany many people with acne use this and have great results with it, and you can`t really go wrong by trying this out since it is so natural. I really love this product and will never be without it.

Weleda recommends Calendula Essence for minor skin irritations and wounds. On my (swedish) bottle it says it's good for treating bruises. (my legs easily and mysteriously bruise). To be honest, I didn't see much difference in the bruise when I applied this several times both diluted and undiluted, but it did feel *right*, because of the ingredients. I read only positive things about calendula. I risked it and tried this as a face tonic, with fantastic results. It significantly reduces the annoying redness and evens out my complexion. It acts incredibly calming. I have combination skin and use oils, and dont find the alcohol in this product to be drying at all. I find it unnecessary to dilute, even though it's recommended, but I imagine that someone with dry skin would need to do that, or completely avoid this product. Calendula Essence is a bit expensive when used for this purpose, but I dont use much. Sometimes I apply this with a cotton ball, and other times mixed with my moisturizer. I use it either at night or in the morning, because I don't want to overdo it.

Popular Face Skincare Products