3.9

Water, Alcohol, Glycerin, Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tapioca Starch, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Proline, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tetrasodium Edta, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Leaf Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Punica Granatum Bark Extract, Cedrelopsis Grevei Bark Extract, Palmitic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Pyrus Sorbus Bud Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Lapsana Communis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Yellow 6.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought a LOT of Clarins for$10 each when a chemist was getting rid of the product. I was hoping this cream would help in the heat of summer as it says cooling and suitable in hot climates.
When i use it my face feels like it is burning not cooling and this feeling lasts about a minute No cooling feeling whatso ever. It is most uncomfortable. It is sticky when applied but it does dry. By morning my skin does not feel moisturised rather it needs moisture. I have tried this cream for a good two weeks but the burning feeling and lack of moisture have remained I am binning this cream and will try one of the other Clarins creams I am glad i did not pay full price. For the record i have found some of the Clarins products i bought to be quite good on my skin such as their mask and cleanser but i am yet to try the serums or other moisturisers. I usually use quite expensive face care as i have never been disapointed with the results. fior me Clarins was a mid priced product that a friend recomended i may like. I hope the rest dont disapoint

on 8/14/2017 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I don't like this gel at all. It makes my face feel sticky and not hydrated. The fragrance is too strong. I feel that it's drying my skin. I would have rather bought another clinique moisturizing gel rather than spend 50$ CAN for this one.

I've been using this for awhile now. My dermatologist okayed it, and it has not caused any breakouts! Great light moisturizer. Elegant packaging. Only con for me is the price! It's not the cheapest, but it's not outrageously priced compared to things like La Mer and even some other Clarins creams either. I love that I can find Clarins at any mall and don't have to go to a doctor's office or spa to purchase. If you're looking for something really rich for ultra dry skin, this is probably not for you. But if you have the normal to combo skin that the product is made for, it's good stuff. My skin's naturally normal, but it does get dry due to acne treatments. I sometimes use something richer at night, but this is awesome in the mornings under makeup.

on 3/18/2016 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I too got a 15ml tube as gift with purchase.
I like the texture which is instantly absorbed and there's no film or residue left behind.
The scent wasn't as strong as I expected and doesn't bother me at all.
Didn't make my face greasier, didn't irritate me or break me out but actually didn't moisturize either. I have combination skin and this doesn't do anything for me.
Glad I didn't spend money for it.

on 3/24/2016 8:14:00 PM

Im loving the smell and how it makes my skin soft but not greasy!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product did not work for me, it wasn't moisturising enough. When I bought this, the lady at the Clarins counter recommended that I buy the gel-cream type instead of the cream Hydraquench as I didn't like the way the cream one sat on my skin. I'm not sure if it was just that my skin needed more moisture or if it was the overpowering fragrance in this but it made my eyelids and patches of my face so dry. I had to return it after about a month of use and I am so glad that I did, my dry patches cleared up within a week after I stopped using it. I find that all of the Clarins products are overly perfumed and they do not feel luxurious on the face considering their price point.

I think you will like this if you have super oily skin and don't mind fragrance as it's quite a soothing texture and is ever so slightly mattifying. I would apply this after a face oil in the evenings and it would take away the slippery feeling of my face and balance it. I like that super hydrating feel of the oil though so this was a downer for me.

While I think this moisturiser is moisturising enough, smell okay to me it smells like laundry detergent.
I founded this product to be greasy after a while and during the day. And did little to help with hydration I don't have a lifestyle that makes me dehydrated.

on 10/26/2014 12:07:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Okay so my review is for the hydraquench gel-cream normal to combination skin, it does not say "cooling" on it. Hope this is still the right spot. Anyway I picked this up at sephora after asking the sales associate about a foundation I was interested in and telling her that I was finding my previously nice BB cream was not looking too great lately. Skin was flakey and uneven but still I had a very oily t zone. She recommended using a moisturizer morning and night instead to try and balance out my skin and make any foundation look better. I wasn't sure I believed her but what did I have to lose? Sephora has a great return policy and my skin was looking...well not great.
I have tried basic moisturizers before (complex 15, olay, nivea) and even some serums thinking a moisturizer might be too thick and break me out (olay serum and mac skin brightening which I still love btw).
So it's been a month and a half and it seems to be making a difference. My skin and BB cream do look better, no flakes and although at first I thought I was getting oilier it really seems to have calmed down. I don't need to blot as much at work and I stopped using a primer under my BB cream to keep it in place (I just don't need it anymore as it's not sliding off my face). I apply it every morning, not always at night. Nights I alternate between this and mac skin brightening serum which is amazing but isn't moisturizing enough to use on it's own all the time (it does make my skin look so even and glowly though). I do use an AHA every other day or so but that wasn't helping with the flaking in my case.

Issues- the jar sucks, it's huge and annoying, I hate the lip on it. Price, it's too expensive. Scent, it smells lovely but I'd prefer less fragrance.

Pros - my skin looks better overall, foundations/BB's applying better and I have found that using this on makeup free days (these are new btw thanks to this moisturizer) gives my face a nice fresh look that I'm not ashamed to leave the house with lol. No real breakouts so far, I have had a few random pimples but that's not too unusual for me so I can't blame this product (not yet anyway, I'll edit if I find it's an issue)
Would repurchase.

edit: It's extremely dry right now in Ontario (drier than I ever remember) and my skin is flaking quite a bit, especially on my forehead. This moisturizer is not enough. I can layer it without breaking out (which is a miracle in itself) but it's just not enough. I stopped with the aha as it wasn't doing anything for me, I think my skin responds better to mechanical exfoliation. I am still applying this but I need to top up my forehead and cheeks with a thick moisturizer (kiehls rosa artica or kiss my face). Would still repurchase this as I am normally quite oily just wanted to remind myself than I need a bit extra in the winter. This is definitely a great option for those with acne prone sensitive skin who tend to break out with a moisturizer.

edit again (july 2015) - I stopped using this for a while trying to find a cheaper but similar moisturizer. I gave up and went back to this and saw a difference in my skin within 3 days. This really is a great product. My skin is glowy and healthy looking again. Bumped up to 5 lippies, while this isn't super moisturizing it does make a real difference to my skin and how my makeup looks.

on 5/26/2015 3:27:00 PM

One of the worst moisturizers i have ever tried! Im a true clarins fan and i love the scent of all their products but this one smells stronger than my perfume, i swear it smells like a pot of solid perfume! Needless to say, recipe for disaster on acne-prone skin. Gave away to someone after tolerating and avoiding it for 2 weeks.

Holy grail when it comes to moisturizer. I have acne prone skin and most moisturizers are to heavy (spots! acne!) and others that do not break me out do not moisturize enough. This one is fantastic, the redness in my skin is gone and my skin looks great. The only downside is the packaging: there is a bit of a rim just underneath the cap, and because of that it is impossible to get all the product out of the pot. Otherwise: great product: will repurchase!

EDIT: My opinion of the Clarins moisturizer itself hasn't changed. However, I have switched to another moisturizer that gives more moisture and doesn't break me out either: Ducray Ictiane HD. Reason for the change was the prize. The Ducray cream is much cheaper (about 12,- compared to the Clarins one which is about 45,-).

Popular Moisturizers