Clarins HydraQuench Cooling Cream-Gel

Clarins HydraQuench Cooling Cream-Gel

3.9

Water, Alcohol, Glycerin, Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tapioca Starch, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Proline, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tetrasodium Edta, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Leaf Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Punica Granatum Bark Extract, Cedrelopsis Grevei Bark Extract, Palmitic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Pyrus Sorbus Bud Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Lapsana Communis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Yellow 6.

on 3/24/2016 8:14:00 PM

Im loving the smell and how it makes my skin soft but not greasy!!!

on 3/18/2016 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I too got a 15ml tube as gift with purchase.
I like the texture which is instantly absorbed and there's no film or residue left behind.
The scent wasn't as strong as I expected and doesn't bother me at all.
Didn't make my face greasier, didn't irritate me or break me out but actually didn't moisturize either. I have combination skin and this doesn't do anything for me.
Glad I didn't spend money for it.

To Read all 47 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I got a 15ml tube of this moisturiser as GWP, but it doesn't say 'cooling' on it. After coming of bc, I have true combination skin- oily in the t-zone and normal on the cheeks.

I think this moisturiser is not very good at all. First, I need quite a lot to feel like my skin is moisturised. Secondly, the fragrance is too strong. The moisturiser seems to absorb remarkably well, however, it becomes greasy as the day goes on. Like, my face is a lot oilier when I use it. To make matters worse, it is not hydrating enough. After a few days of using this am, my skin looks dull and dehydrated. I have been using the Multiactive night cream for normal/combination skin and the combination of both has left my skin with blackheads and lots of tiny bumps... II actually haven't had any blackheads in ages! So basically, my skin texture is worse. How annoying, considering how expensive these products are.

Overall, I think this is an overpriced moisturiser which doesn't work for my combination skin. It is not moisturising enough yet it makes my skin become greasy. Along with the Multiactive night cream made my skin worse. Abnoxious fragrance. Not recommended!

I've been using this for awhile now. My dermatologist okayed it, and it has not caused any breakouts! Great light moisturizer. Elegant packaging. Only con for me is the price! It's not the cheapest, but it's not outrageously priced compared to things like La Mer and even some other Clarins creams either. I love that I can find Clarins at any mall and don't have to go to a doctor's office or spa to purchase. If you're looking for something really rich for ultra dry skin, this is probably not for you. But if you have the normal to combo skin that the product is made for, it's good stuff. My skin's naturally normal, but it does get dry due to acne treatments. I sometimes use something richer at night, but this is awesome in the mornings under makeup.

on 5/26/2015 3:27:00 PM

One of the worst moisturizers i have ever tried! Im a true clarins fan and i love the scent of all their products but this one smells stronger than my perfume, i swear it smells like a pot of solid perfume! Needless to say, recipe for disaster on acne-prone skin. Gave away to someone after tolerating and avoiding it for 2 weeks.

While I think this moisturiser is moisturising enough, smell okay to me it smells like laundry detergent.
I founded this product to be greasy after a while and during the day. And did little to help with hydration I don't have a lifestyle that makes me dehydrated.

on 10/26/2014 12:07:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Okay so my review is for the hydraquench gel-cream normal to combination skin, it does not say "cooling" on it. Hope this is still the right spot. Anyway I picked this up at sephora after asking the sales associate about a foundation I was interested in and telling her that I was finding my previously nice BB cream was not looking too great lately. Skin was flakey and uneven but still I had a very oily t zone. She recommended using a moisturizer morning and night instead to try and balance out my skin and make any foundation look better. I wasn't sure I believed her but what did I have to lose? Sephora has a great return policy and my skin was looking...well not great.
I have tried basic moisturizers before (complex 15, olay, nivea) and even some serums thinking a moisturizer might be too thick and break me out (olay serum and mac skin brightening which I still love btw).
So it's been a month and a half and it seems to be making a difference. My skin and BB cream do look better, no flakes and although at first I thought I was getting oilier it really seems to have calmed down. I don't need to blot as much at work and I stopped using a primer under my BB cream to keep it in place (I just don't need it anymore as it's not sliding off my face). I apply it every morning, not always at night. Nights I alternate between this and mac skin brightening serum which is amazing but isn't moisturizing enough to use on it's own all the time (it does make my skin look so even and glowly though). I do use an AHA every other day or so but that wasn't helping with the flaking in my case.

Issues- the jar sucks, it's huge and annoying, I hate the lip on it. Price, it's too expensive. Scent, it smells lovely but I'd prefer less fragrance.

Pros - my skin looks better overall, foundations/BB's applying better and I have found that using this on makeup free days (these are new btw thanks to this moisturizer) gives my face a nice fresh look that I'm not ashamed to leave the house with lol. No real breakouts so far, I have had a few random pimples but that's not too unusual for me so I can't blame this product (not yet anyway, I'll edit if I find it's an issue)
Would repurchase.

edit: It's extremely dry right now in Ontario (drier than I ever remember) and my skin is flaking quite a bit, especially on my forehead. This moisturizer is not enough. I can layer it without breaking out (which is a miracle in itself) but it's just not enough. I stopped with the aha as it wasn't doing anything for me, I think my skin responds better to mechanical exfoliation. I am still applying this but I need to top up my forehead and cheeks with a thick moisturizer (kiehls rosa artica or kiss my face). Would still repurchase this as I am normally quite oily just wanted to remind myself than I need a bit extra in the winter. This is definitely a great option for those with acne prone sensitive skin who tend to break out with a moisturizer.

edit again (july 2015) - I stopped using this for a while trying to find a cheaper but similar moisturizer. I gave up and went back to this and saw a difference in my skin within 3 days. This really is a great product. My skin is glowy and healthy looking again. Bumped up to 5 lippies, while this isn't super moisturizing it does make a real difference to my skin and how my makeup looks.

Holy grail when it comes to moisturizer. I have acne prone skin and most moisturizers are to heavy (spots! acne!) and others that do not break me out do not moisturize enough. This one is fantastic, the redness in my skin is gone and my skin looks great. The only downside is the packaging: there is a bit of a rim just underneath the cap, and because of that it is impossible to get all the product out of the pot. Otherwise: great product: will repurchase!

EDIT: My opinion of the Clarins moisturizer itself hasn't changed. However, I have switched to another moisturizer that gives more moisture and doesn't break me out either: Ducray Ictiane HD. Reason for the change was the prize. The Ducray cream is much cheaper (about 12,- compared to the Clarins one which is about 45,-).

This is a great moisturiser. I live in a humid country and battle with oily skin. However, at the same time, my skin gets dry at times. Clarins gel-creme has worked really well for me. It moisturises without overdoing it. It's light and absorbs quickly, doesn't cause breakouts or sensitivity. The fragrance is nice too. I use this in combination with Clarins Iris Toner and the duo has been amazing at keeping my face bright and clear.

on 5/2/2014 11:03:00 PM

One of my favorite moisturizers! Light weight yet moisturizing. Doesn't break my skin out. Keeps my skin supple and matte. I also like the fresh scent. Tried other products but always come back to HydraQuench cream gel.