MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen - Creme in Your Coffee

MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen - Creme in Your Coffee
Cremesheen - Creme in Your CoffeeMAC Cremesheen l/s #Creme in your CoffeeCremesheen - Creme in Your Coffee

4.5

on 2/11/2019 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

What a great color. I was looking for a go-to everyday shade, after the last of my Soft Sell (a stellar discontinued Mac shade) ran out. A very patient salesperson let me line up Brave, Faux, Twig, Spirit, Mehr, and a few others (along with Capricious, which she threw in), along with CIYC and the latter won hands down. Others were too pink, or too orange, or to nude, or too blah, but this is just right. Very moist (though not too long lasting). I use with a Half Red lip liner (which was free with the lippie) and I'm good to go.

Nice medium rosey brown

I bought this lipstick and I had never tried a creamsheen from mac before and I love it! It still gives great colour pay off. I am an nw15 and I was told the colour compliments my skin tone and it does!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought my first MAC lipstick ten years ago (a true red lipstick, I cannot remember the name) but despite the lovely color, could not wear it because it made my lips so dry they cracked after only a couple of minutes, although I think it is an allergy rather than just the dryness. I never bought another one until this Creme in Your Coffee, because the color is so beautiful. Unfortunately, the strong scent is really annoying and again, my lips cannot stand it. I think MAC lipsticks could pass for very cheap lipsticks if they were not packaged in the MAC one.
However, if your lips are not sensitive, get it as this is truly a lovely color, although it looks different depending your coloring. On my hand it looked a browny pink, but on my lips it looked more orangey.
I digress here, but the only great lipsticks I have ever bought are the different lipsticks by Clinique, which are now only sold in the US. Not even the high end lipsticks such as Chanel, YSL or Dior can match them, texture wise, in my opinion.

on 8/16/2017 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Best lipstick ever!!! I was using Maxfactor Colour Elixir lipsticks for years but I got really sick of the way they smelled so I decided to try MAC lipsticks instead. Not only do they smell lovely but they last longer and look more natural. I'm an NC37 so this shade matches the natural colour of my lips almost perfectly. Will definitely be a staple in my makeup bag!

on 7/19/2017 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my go to lipstick fall and winter. I am medium skin toned ,probably nc25-30. It is perfect for daytime wear and I get many compliments. If I want a little more color I go for Captive. In summer Peach Blossom is perfect

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Too dark for my liking. Love the creme sheen finish mac lipsticks though but not the right shade for me

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have had Creme in Your Coffee on my 'wish list' for years, and just never took the plunge. I should not have took the plunge, lol. The first (few) thing(s) I notice is the scent..smells almost perfume-ish, and I do not want something so scented on my face or lips, especially not perfume type. Then I notice how this makes my lips look smaller. Why? How? Don't know, but it does! Then it transfers horribly. HORRIBLY. Lastly, this just looks sort of patchy on me (lips not dry or anything lately) and I have to apply 3 or 4 swipes to get any color build up or to get it to look even. Looks nothing on my lips like the online swatches, but that is just very subjective, of course. Wants to slip around the lips, when applying and after applying/while wearing. And that is not talking or anything.

All in all, for me, this is not a unique shade. There are many similar shades out there that perform better and do not smell. The smell does dissipate pretty quickly, but for the first few minutes, it is potent and (for me) almost intolerable. Was not expecting the grand scent. Grand as in huge, not lovely or nice, lol. Perhaps I had my hopes too high for this shade, but I was just disappointed. Going back to Mac, and not in a good way. I really dislike returning things, but this one just does not work out for me. If the shade looked right on me, and did not make my lips look smaller (again, why? how?? lol..) I might be able to work with this, but the formula just does not play nicely for me. Deal breaker. That and the smell when first applied. Moving on!!

on 5/28/2017 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm a NC45 and this the best shade I've ever tried from Mac. It's a beautiful nude colour but it doesn't make me seem washed. I was a bit afraid that it wouldn't make it through eating but considering the fact that it's a cremesheen the lasting power was great. I highly recommend it, it's a perfect nude and it really flatters my skintone I got compliments while wearing this.

on 8/6/2016 7:33:00 AM

i have really thin lips but i don't like them to vanish:) i always get compliments when i wear this, really good staying power with a great colour and formula. i am really really pale it looks striking, seriously. i will purchase it again.😎