REVLON Gentlemen Prefer Pink

REVLON Gentlemen Prefer Pink

on 12/1/2018 10:08:00 PM

As cringeworthy as the name of this product is, it's an amazingly perfect pink, which is hard to find anywhere.

Since I searched for years everywhere and finally found it, it's my everyday lip color. I'm 59 and look a bit washed out without anything. I always wear lipstick. One coat of this is MLBB. Two or three quick coats give a nice blue based pink, but not too bright. I literally just held one up to the MUA photo and in real life it is less barbie pink. It is in the "pearl" category of the Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks, but it's not frosty pink at all. Just the right amount. It's not a balm, but it is not drying. It feels good. I absolutely love the packaging. It is as classy as Chanel or any other high end lipstick. Iconic. Without any of the numerous discounts etc, it is under $10 a tube. It deserves recognition in the hall of fame of American products.

on 8/12/2017 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Gentleman Prefer Pink comes in two shades. 450 is a blue based pink. 451 is a warm pink. I have 450, which I love. It's a light/medium true pink with a bit of frost. It really works with my fair pink-toned skin. It's moisturizing and comfortable to wear. Wear time is decent. I only need to reapply after eating or drinking. It's a terrific everyday color. I also love the name. I've already bought a second one for my purse.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This color is about as bright a pink as I will go; it is definitely not hot pink, more of a medium neutral bubblegum pink. It is also about as cool-toned as I will wear; I will wear mauvey shades if they're equal parts rosy or brown, but anything too purpley just washes me out. This is definitely not a purple-heavy pink, like MAC's Snob, it is a true pink, with no brown, berry, peach or purple in it.

Anyways, I digress. This applies really creamy, smooth, opaque but glossy. Perfect non-matte lipstick formula, if you ask me. Yes, there is a little frostiness thrown in, which may or may not be a selling point for you. For me personally, I don't mind a little frost now and then so long as it's tasteful and not in-your-face heavy white frost that makes it looks like children's play makeup. This certainly doesn't fall into that category and I'd say the frost is on the same level as the MAC Frost line of lipsticks.

There is no odor and the packaging is pretty nice. Some drugstore packaging looks cheap, as much as we like to dance around it, it's the truth. This doesn't. I would say the wear on this lipstick is pretty good, better than the Wet n'Wild lipsticks by a good margin, but not as long-wearing as a matte lipstick of course. It didn't come off until I ate something.

The bottom line is, I'm very pleased with the pigmentation, glossiness and even wear of this lipstick. For $8, it was a great find, and even though you can find slightly cheaper options at the drugstore, Revlon's formula seems to be a cut above the other brands available there.

on 4/12/2016 8:05:00 AM

Bought this long ago and rarely used it---but just recently reorganized my lipstick collection, tried it again---and now I feel a new appreciation for it.

It's a mid -toned, slightly cool, luminous, (not too glittery) pink. I'm liking a little glow in my lipsticks these days, and find very matte shades kind of lifeless.

GPP is similar to MAC Chatterbox, but it's a softer shade and less expensive. I usually like to top Chatterbox with their Instant Gold lipgloss. With GPP no gloss is necessary. I pair GPP with MAC Mocha blush and I like the combination. For seasonal color types, Gentlemen Prefer Pink is a good Soft Summer shade.

On my shopping list to get another tube !!

I have this same lipstick that I bought many years ago.I looked at the same shade now and the lipstick smelled horrible.The one I have doesn't smell that way.All the Revlon lipsticks have this Sour chemical smell to them now,I wanted it but not if the smell would make me sick because it's very strong and not a fruit,floral or candy scent but a sour scent and they all smelled that way :(

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Frosty bubble gum pink color with cool undertone. The color itself is nice but I HATE frost/glitters.

Gentlemen Prefer Pink (GPP) is a cool-toned, super frosty, bubblegum pink. Looking at this color in the tube, I had high hopes but was disappointed to see how frosty it appeared after application. I can maybe see this color being a good choice for a special occasion or possibly costume makeup, but definitely NOT an everyday product for me. I would not hesitate to purchase this color again ONLY IF Revlon would get rid of all the ridiculous frost (or whatever you want to call it) and just have that gorgeous, cool-toned pink that I was hoping for when I first saw GPP Until then, no thanks to the snow bunny/13-year-old-girl-experimenting-with-makeup-for-the-first-time look.

Hmmm... I liked this lipstick. So much so, I decided to grab a tube for my car and also one to throw in my travel kit. Out of all 3, I could not tell you which is #450 "Gentlemen Prefer Pink" because each lipstick, marked #450, GPP is a different shade. It is like they are from completely separate dye lots. The quality control on this shade/product is awful. I am a long standing fan of this brand/lipstick. I feel it is similar in quality/feel to Estée Lauder's lipsticks which are sold @ 3 x's the $, however this shade is hideously "off" ranging from the light blueish pink I purchased from Walmart, to the added bronzey tone to that from the USA Rite Aid store, to the peachy pink tone I purchased @ the US Walgreen's. My husband used to own a auto body & paint shop & has a marvelously keen eye for tone & color...& he was floored when I showed him the swatches of these three "#450's" on my arm. I love most Revlon lipsticks, but for this particular shade, buyer beware. I'd be happy to send you a pix of the swatches; just PM me. This is my FIRST MA review! :) Hooray! Please feel free to check out my MANY perfume (my passion!) reviews over @ fragrantica under Sheridanellis Thank! =X

on 3/6/2013 2:21:00 AM

I have a fair, yellow based skintone and it took me a very long time to find pink shades that work well with my tone. Everything looked so strange and wrong on me! This is a color I found recently and while it isn't a HOT PINK, in your face color, it IS a nice bright pink that I can wear! It's a fun color, but still perfect for every-day wear. It is a slightly pearly finish. I enjoy the simple yet classic packaging, and at under $5, this lipstick is fantastic.
I have to say that the picture depicted here isn't an accurate representation of the color. It is much brighter in person.

on 10/2/2012 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm rebuilding my lip product collection from the ground up and I chose Gentlemen Prefer Pink because it looked like a good everyday, basic pink.
This is a creamy classic pink color with just a very subtle hint of shimmer--enough to give it dimension and keep it from looking completely flat/matte. It goes well with my cool coloring. I can pat it on very lightly for a hint of stain or swipe a couple of coats to build it up. It looks good topped with a variety of glosses from nude to gold shimmer to sheer berry colors. It's not too drying and wears off well--no obvious ring or feathering.
The only minor complaints I have are that this lipstick can tend to settle into lip lines if your lips are too dry, so make sure to exfoliate lips and drink lots of water. Also, I don't feel like this lipstick lasts as long as some of the other Revlon Super Lustrous ones do, so you'll have to likely reapply. Overall, I am happy with this lipstick and will likely repurchase.