MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick - Shy Girl

MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick - Shy Girl

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

A beautiful, creamy peachy nude colour. More muted than some other more extravagant colours but one of my favourite shades of all time in mac lipsticks. A very pigmented - yet still very natural shade that looks very creamy and soft on the lips, in the beautiful soft cremesheen formula. Definitely a top ten colour. Even though mac lipsticks may be seen as pricey in some cases, the quality of the lipsticks is well worth the price for the beautiful formula.

Shy Girl is a lovely shade of peachy-nude lipstick with a cremesheen finish. It does have a pearlescent quality with very fine shimmer laced in the lipstick but this is not prominent on the lips, it just emphasises the glossy finish of the shade. I do find this shade to be a little more sheer than my over MAC cremesheen shades however, though it does looks glossy and natural on the lips. I believe this shade would suit a wide variety of skin tones, particularly fair and warm tones. It looks very natural and work-appropriate. It is definitely a shade to pull out when you want to look put-together but not overly made up. This wears nicely for around 5 hours on the lips. It doesn’t bleed or feather, though it does sink into liplines a little bit once it has been on for a while. It will need to be reapplied after eating or drinking. It layers easily without looking cakey. It is a lovely everyday shade and I would definitely recommend it.

on 11/21/2017 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great texture, scent and ease of use.
One of my favorite lipsticks! Beautiful color, super creamy, and amazingly pigmented.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a creamy peachy nude lipstick suitable for fair skintones. I find MAC's Creamsheen finish to be similar to their Lustre finish but with a more milky (opaque) base. They're sort of a nicer version of NYX Butter Lipstick IMHO. Because it is creamy and shiny, it doesn't have substantial wear, but with liner and lip primer it won't disappear very quickly. I recommend this for fans of MLBB shades, peachy nudes, and fair warm skin tones in general.

This is a neutral coral beige shade and therefore suits most skin tones.

As it is a creamsheen it hasn't got the longest staying power but has great pigmentation, has a slight sheen and feels light on your lips. A great choice for Spring/Summer.

To read my full review, check out The Crown Wings, a UK Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle blog - http://www.thecrownwings.com/2012/12/mac-shy-girl.html

Awesome color--straight up Peach nude very little pink; with beigish tones. MAC does nudes best! I wear this with Boldly Bare lipliner but mac Naked lipliner looks good too & black (or navy) eyeliner, brown eyeshadow (think 35T Morphe palette) good look!!!!!! Even brown eyeliner looks good

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite shades, and an almost daily go-to in the summer. I prefer lighter, somewhat natural lipstick shades, but it's difficult for me to find colors that work well on me. A lot of pretty nudes that look gorgeous on other women pull way too brown and muddy on me. Cool colors tend to pull too gray or purple. That leaves me with peaches and warm or neutral pinks. Shy Girl pulls true peach on me, and really brightens up my face. My other favorite Mac go-to is Patisserie for a natural pink lip. When I want something more in between, I layer Patisserie and Shy Girl for a pretty peachy-pink.

on 5/5/2016 12:07:00 AM

I love this colour and the formula. It looks great paired with NYX peekaboo neutral lip liner. It's a go to summer lipstick for me but I also wear it sometimes in winter. I wouldn't wear it without lipliner though as it would look washed out on my face which is about nw25-30 I think.

on 4/13/2016 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick is just blah, nothing to it at all. Hardly any colour pay off. Washes me out.

on 8/12/2015 6:24:00 PM

Best nude lipstick I've ever purchased. It's gorgeous on and so moisturising.