MAC Cremesheen - Shy Girl

MAC Cremesheen - Shy Girl

4.1

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a creamy peachy nude lipstick suitable for fair skintones. I find MAC's Creamsheen finish to be similar to their Lustre finish but with a more milky (opaque) base. They're sort of a nicer version of NYX Butter Lipstick IMHO. Because it is creamy and shiny, it doesn't have substantial wear, but with liner and lip primer it won't disappear very quickly. I recommend this for fans of MLBB shades, peachy nudes, and fair warm skin tones in general.

This is a neutral coral beige shade and therefore suits most skin tones.

As it is a creamsheen it hasn't got the longest staying power but has great pigmentation, has a slight sheen and feels light on your lips. A great choice for Spring/Summer.

To read my full review, check out The Crown Wings, a UK Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle blog - http://www.thecrownwings.com/2012/12/mac-shy-girl.html

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awesome color--straight up Peach nude very little pink; with beigish tones. MAC does nudes best! I wear this with Boldly Bare lipliner but mac Naked lipliner looks good too & black (or navy) eyeliner, brown eyeshadow (think 35T Morphe palette) good look!!!!!! Even brown eyeliner looks good

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite shades, and an almost daily go-to in the summer. I prefer lighter, somewhat natural lipstick shades, but it's difficult for me to find colors that work well on me. A lot of pretty nudes that look gorgeous on other women pull way too brown and muddy on me. Cool colors tend to pull too gray or purple. That leaves me with peaches and warm or neutral pinks. Shy Girl pulls true peach on me, and really brightens up my face. My other favorite Mac go-to is Patisserie for a natural pink lip. When I want something more in between, I layer Patisserie and Shy Girl for a pretty peachy-pink.

on 5/5/2016 12:07:00 AM

I love this colour and the formula. It looks great paired with NYX peekaboo neutral lip liner. It's a go to summer lipstick for me but I also wear it sometimes in winter. I wouldn't wear it without lipliner though as it would look washed out on my face which is about nw25-30 I think.

on 4/13/2016 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick is just blah, nothing to it at all. Hardly any colour pay off. Washes me out.

on 8/12/2015 6:24:00 PM

Best nude lipstick I've ever purchased. It's gorgeous on and so moisturising.

on 7/19/2015 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my favorite summer lipstick, I've been wearing it almost every day. On me, it's a pink/golden nude shade. Lasts for hours but doesn't stay on while eating. I have to make sure to exfoliate my lips before wearing this because it accentuates dryness.

I got this product as a gift for Christmas and have been using it daily ever since! It is more of a peachy nude and I think it would look great on all skin tones.

on 3/9/2015 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

One of my first Mac lipsticks and I LOVE this color! Shy girl is like a nice cream nude leaning on the coral side. This color totally compliments my asian skin tone and doesn't wash me out. I love how its so creamy, glossy and moisturizing. The staying power is decent- about 2-3 hours for a creamsheen lipstick. Overall, I would definitely repurchase.