Estee Lauder Swiss Performing Extract

Estee Lauder Swiss Performing Extract

4.1

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Squalane, Propylene Glycol Dipelargonate, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cetyl Esters, Glyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Soluble Fish (Pisces) Collagen, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Wheat Germ Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Laureth-23, Fragrance, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Limonene, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Isoeugenol, Eugenol, Benzyl Salicylate, Disodium Edta, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol

I just purchased another bottle.. I was told this product was discontinued 20 years ago.. I was visiting an EL counter when I very 20 years old. purchased my first foundation (FRESH AIR) Just loved it. The sales person pulled out a bottle of Swiss Preforming Extract an told me, to start using this product, while I was still young.. So! I said WHY Not! It was 20.00 at the time. Still the same ounces. My face was actually very pretty and had lots of compliments on my skin clear into my 30s. After the so called discontinued product. I turned to other alternatives.. My skin on my face looked so old. I purchased La Praire, other EL products, lancome, and the EL re-creation 1200.00 (YES) 1200.00 I was not happy with my results! Just found out yesterday SPE is still around ordered it! for mother Day cannot wait! to have beautiful skin again! Swiss preforming does what the re creation should do!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have been using this EL product for about a week and I am pleased with it. It leaves my combination skin feeling quite moisturized and comfortable. I will have to wait and see what it does to my skin as the weather warms up as my skin becomes oilier in the warm weather. It leaves my skin feeling quite smooth and soft yet not at all greasy and seems to penetrate the skin rather well. I admit that I tried this lotion about 20 years ago when my skin was much oilier and it was too heavy at that time. The fragrance is a little strong but I like it, and it does not really fade away. It has a herbal- pine like scent to it. The scent gets lighter but does not seem to completely disappear. I also really like the fact that the product still comes packaged in a glass bottle with a pretty gold cap - it looks quite fancy sitting on top of my dresser. :-) A drawback of this product is that it does not contain sunscreen, otherwise I would most likely switch to using this as my 24 hr. moisturizer as the packaging indicates. This is an Estee Lauder classic moisturizing lotion and a good way to get started using this line. I would definitely recommend trying this product and would repurchase.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm pretty new to Estee Lauder. This is the first moisturizer I have purchased from this line. I have the Double Wear foundation, Advanced Night Repair, and was so happy with those two products, decided to try a moisturizer. I have extremely sensitive and dry skin. I was looking at the Verite cream, but the BA showed me this one as well. I didn't even know about this light cream in a bottle. I'm so happy she showed it to me! I purchased it and tried it on that night. I was scared it was going to make me red and itchy but I didn't experience any of that... only smooth and soft skin the next morning! It has a soothing herbal fragrance - reminds me of a tea I use to drink.

I really love this moisturizer. My skin drinks it up! It reminds me of Clinique's DDML - only I break out when I use that now (new formula). I heard this was Mrs. Lauder's favorite moisturizer - I can see why! It is becoming something I don't think I can live without either. My skin just looks so smooth and healthy. It is 3.4 ounces and is less than $60.00. I tried the other moisturizers from EL that were more expensive, but I like this one the best. It sinks right in and just feels refreshing! It's literally a hidden gem... they don't even display this at the counter. Luckily the BA showed it to me. She said mainly older women buy this but she wanted to show this to me since my skin was dry. This milky light cream lotion is so emollient. You really just need a tiny bit to cover your face and then a little more for your neck. I love it! The best stuff I have used for my face!!!! HG status!

on 1/1/2015 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This product is from the 1970s. That's an old formula which Lauder charges $55.00 for. If you think any product from the 70s is worth that kind of money, especially since it was probably priced between $15-$20, if not less, when introduced, then please, by all means, go for it. Loaded with fragrance. There's nothing Swiss or performing about it! PS: I noticed within the ingredients listed here, there are some which I'm certain were not available (ie: dimethicone) when this product was introduced in the 70s. It must have been somewhat reformulated along the way of it's 40+ years of being around. I'll still stick with my opinion stated above as it comes in a non-hygenic bottle (no pump, just a pour out) which of course defeats the purpose of active ingredients (antioxidants) as they are exposed to air each time you unscrew the top. That exposure will decrease the effectiveness of the actives each time they come in contact with air, making them less effective, if at all. This is why skincare in a jar or bottle is worthless; air and light destroy their ingredients effectiveness, not to mention compromising the products hygiene. To spend the kind of money EL charges for anything in a jar or bottle is ridiculous! With these prices, at least insist on a protective, hygenic pump, or move on to something that offers such.

on 10/20/2014 10:18:00 PM

Swiss Performing Extract is both lightweight and deeply nourishing at the same time.

It has a light, milky consistency .... which when applied to freshly cleansed and toned skin, absorbs quickly.

It also deeply nourishes skin. It absorbs into skin effortlessly and leaves skin soft, smooth and healthy. Makes my skin feel like velvet!

It works beautifully under makeup too. And you're either going to love or hate the scent. I love it! It reminds me of the scent of Aveda products .... that herbal, medicinal, hint of pine, natural ingredient scent. :)

on 2/22/2014 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Liquid Gold for sure!! I love this and have been using it for years. My skin is flawless and I am 51 years old. You have to ask for it at the counter. This has been around for years. An oldie but goody!

on 11/7/2013 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OK, I have to give this product a negative review. I read many positive reviews before I rushed out and got it. I have used this cream twice and I am not impressed at all. The product has a smell of medicine. I am not bothered though. Just want to point out in case scent bothers you. What i don't like about it is the fact that it does not hydrate my skin much. After applying it to my face, it feels like a layer of oil/grease floating on the surface of my skin. It doesn't seem to be absorbed into the skin at all. Won't purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

PROS: very emollient and rich, but not too heavy. The texture is kind of like Clinique DDML. Has lots of antioxidants (grapeseed oil is the main ingredient). Not too expensive - $56 CDN for a 100mL bottle....I don't think any high-end moisturizers come in 100mL anymore (most are 30 or 50 mL now).
CONS: strong, somewhat masculine scent (though I personally liked it, and it does fade away). The smell reminds me of Halson Z-14. The worst thing: I have never ever broken out so badly to a product in my life. I have never seen pimples so big, either. I figured I could use this as a body lotion instead - and I broke out on my body! - something that has never happened before.

If you don't mind the scent and don't break out from this, it is a good buy - I recommend asking for a sample (which, of course, they won't give you) or asking about the return policy first.

on 2/13/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The best Estee Lauder moisturizing cream ever made and probably the best ever of any cream. My skin always looks so beautiful after I put this on. Instantly looks younger. They should re-introduce this in an ad campaign because if you are under the age of 30 you probably don't even know they sell this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

A great moisturizer! However, I had to retun it becsuse of the extremely perfumed scent. It burned my eyes like crazy. With better marketing, and fragrance free and maybe some sunscreen with product would be a win.