Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner

Sephora Daily Makeup Brush Cleaner

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It does an ok job as a spot cleanser, nothing to write home about. I previously used another brush cleanser (Mac) and decided to try other brands because I wasn't 100% happy with it.
The cleaning results are similar to Mac's. This one seems like its less harsh but I didn't notice any shedding etc. when I used it.It has a very very faint grapefruit scent that I actually like better than Mac's.

After finishing this I've found a much nicer brush cleanser (Parian Spirit) and I won't be repurchasing this.

on 3/11/2016 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the worst products I've used in the cosmetic market.

Does not clean brush thoroughly regardless of the technique used. Took me nearly an hour to clean 4 new brushes that have only been used once. Never have I had to wash my makeup brushes so forcefully, I was really worried this stupid cleaner would somehow damage my expensive babies! The spray is useless too. This concept is just not user-friendly. Its quality and performance is just too poor to be dispensed through spray.

If "Daily" brush cleaner means one bottle is only enough for a day's usage, then good job on the accurate description- because I literally finished one new bottle just to clean 4/5 brushes that did not even have stubborn makeup stains. The price for that kind of poor quality product and ridiculously small amount (is it 30ml?) is perhaps too high. I only bought this as an urgent replacement when I've finished my BeautyBlender Solid (yes I used to clean my brushes with that BB Solid and it did an amazing job!)

I have switched to MAC brush cleaner and that works so wonderfully. Just a few drops would do even to wash off waterproof makeup from a dense kabuki brush.

on 11/4/2015 9:29:00 AM

I love this daily cleaner but it was making all my brushes lose its fibre. Never had a problem with MAC's brush cleanser no matter how much I soaked it in.

on 10/12/2015 1:42:00 AM

So far so good, I've been using this to clean my beauty blender on the daily. I don't use many makeup brushes except an eyeliner brush which I use to shade in my brows, so I also use this cleanser to clean that brush about once a week.

I don't think I've broken out from using this product to clean my blender, although it's hard to pinpoint breakout causes.

It says on the label that it disinfects and is antibacterial so that sounds good... as to whether or not it actually does this I'm not sure.

There is no scent/a hardly noticeable scent and it works well on the beauty blender if you massage the product into it, then run it under warm water and squeeze out the excess. I like the packaging as it is easy to pump out the product and ensure that you don't use too much.

My beauty blender comes out clean after using this daily so I'd say it's effective and I'll probably repurchase this again from Sephora once I run out.

on 7/23/2015 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This will not replace cleaning ones brushes with soap and water as it does not removed heavy makeup residue. This is a good quick fix for lightly soiled brushes or to disinfect. I could also see this being a daily brush cleanser as the name implies for those with very oily skin to keep oil from building up on their brushes. If you want to clean your brushes you are still going to have to do it the old fashioned way, as time consuming as it is.

on 5/20/2015 8:52:00 PM

I used this a couple of times and found it acceptable for use when I accidentally dipped my brush in the wrong shadow or blush and wanted a quick "do over." I cannot take it with me when I move because it's flammable. No big loss, considering it is heavily fragranced. I can't imagine why they thought that was necessary.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This cleans brushes beautifully, with little effort, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

on 1/11/2015 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm another one who had sticky residue on my brushes feeling stiff/weird. But it works ok to clean off brushes daily but imo this is not a must have for me. I wouldn't get this again.

This left an oily/sticky residue on my brushes that I didn't care for. I prefer the new Sephora Citrus spray cleaner over this. I gave it 2 stars because it does adequately remove makeup from my brushes, I just don't care for the oily texture of the product.

on 7/9/2014 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first brush cleanser. I used to wash all my brushes with hand soap but now that I've acquired the Sigma F80 brush and Sephora's Pro Airbrush Concealer Brush #57, both very dense brushes, I need something better.

I basically purchased this after getting the Sigma F80 because I had read that it was a hard brush to cleanse and I didn't want gunk accumulating in it since I use it every day to apply foundation. This helps to remove some of the foundation on the brush but not all and I find I have to use a lot of it.

The only thing I like about this cleanser are the smell and the fact that it comes in a spray bottle. I will finish it and then keep the bottle for the MAC brush cleanser (which I wanted to try in the first place).

Popular Misc Beauty Tools