Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) with Polysorbate

3.0

on 12/21/2014 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So I have noninflamed acne. Mainly white heads and blackheads. I've been using the acne.org regimen, but I was just so tired of the flakiness. And I read a bit into hemp oil being good for solving these issues of noninflamed acne because of its balanced omeg 3-6 ratio and appropriate amounts of linoleic acid. I tried the regular OCM and then this one, thinking it'd be more convenient and better. Honestly just made me break out more. Not anything crazy or inflamed, but slowly my skin started building up all these white heads on my cheeks (where I usually don't get them). I used proportions most people typically use. And I even continued to use the acne.org treatment after cleaning my face with OCM. After doing this for at least a month, I stopped and went back to the regular acne.org regimen with a foaming wash. Still recovering and doing extractions now that I'm on break and have more time to take care of my face. But honestly this whole thing was not really worth it for me.

on 10/8/2013 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I started using this method and my mixture is very similar to what other reviewers are using. I use 8 parts Hemp Seed Oil and 1 part each of Peg-Olivate and Polysorbate 80 liquid (roughly 10% each...I eye ball the amount and add each part to a small glass jar with eye dropper top). I first remove my eye make up with eye make up remover as the oil seems to make my eyes cloudy or something and the on dry skin (and on top of face make up), I smear a very generous amount on to my face with clean hands. Sometimes I spend a long time working it in to rough feeling places, areas that are more clog-prone (my forehead, chin, and nose areas) before washing off. Sometimes I just rub in quickly and rinse off with warm water (I use in the mornings as well, but use far less and wash quickly).

Once in awhile if I feel like I have peeling or my skin needs a little manual exfoliation I will use a washcloth (soaked in warm/hot water, not scalding water) to remove the oil and make up and then rinse my face once more with just water to make sure its clean.

This method is working very well on my previously very clogged skin. I also switched my make up back to something I knew didn't clog my pores, I tried a foundation that was awful for my skin. I also follow-up at night with more hemp seed oil as needed. Or I use a 2% salicylic acid toner (alcohol free). All products are from Garden of Wisdom. excpet the hemp seed oil. This I just buy at the health foods store.

Current regimine:
AM:
wash face using OCM Oil Cleansing Method with Polysorbate/Peg Olivate
Hemp Seed Oil as moistuizer
spot treat as needed with Persa-Gel Clean & Clear BP gel
mineral make up (Meow cosmetics) and Glow Minerals concealer as needed
mineral/powder sunscreen (Jane Iredale)

PM: