Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) with Polysorbate

1.0

on 12/21/2014 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So I have noninflamed acne. Mainly white heads and blackheads. I've been using the acne.org regimen, but I was just so tired of the flakiness. And I read a bit into hemp oil being good for solving these issues of noninflamed acne because of its balanced omeg 3-6 ratio and appropriate amounts of linoleic acid. I tried the regular OCM and then this one, thinking it'd be more convenient and better. Honestly just made me break out more. Not anything crazy or inflamed, but slowly my skin started building up all these white heads on my cheeks (where I usually don't get them). I used proportions most people typically use. And I even continued to use the acne.org treatment after cleaning my face with OCM. After doing this for at least a month, I stopped and went back to the regular acne.org regimen with a foaming wash. Still recovering and doing extractions now that I'm on break and have more time to take care of my face. But honestly this whole thing was not really worth it for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Yesterday I started using OCM with polysorbate 80 twice (morning and night) with a recipe from a reviewer below (hags101): 1/3 polysorbate 80 and 2/3 hemp seed oil. I have a lot of clogged pores, few cystic acne, and dehydrated skin (so it can be oily). This formula rinsed clean with water, no residue, yet not drying. So I don't follow with a foaming cleanser. My skin becomes very soft after the oil cleansing. No plugs came out yet, unlike when I did traditional OCM with castor oil and almond oil (but it broke me out too). So I will add a little bit of castor oil in the mix next time and see how it goes. I kept my hemp seed oil and the cleanser in the fridge. Yet when I put it on my face, it's not freezing cold at all. I followed it with an ACV toner.

UPDATE 27/12/15: I added castor oil because I got loads of clogged pores. Lo and behold now I got cystic acne all over my face, I think it's because I'm allergic. I'm still recovering from it even though I've stopped it a week ago