Jordana Pressed Powder

Jordana Pressed Powder
Pressed Powder

Price: $

Price: $

This review may be a bit premature, but I just bought this at Kmart for $4 and I am really surprised. I have been on the hunt for a cheaper alternative to Mac powder plus foundation and Tarte's Double Duty powder foundation--both of which are $35-$40. I'm NC 30 in Mac and Tarte fair neutral (which is a tad too light for me, but it's the only color they have closest to my skintone). Additionally, W4 in Loreal true match mineral foundation I bought the Jordana powder in "04 Beige". Wow! It has so much pigment in it!! You'll see when you simply just touch your makeup brush to it, it picks up product and pigment. The included sponge is pretty good too for heavier coverage. I smoothed this all over my face and was surprised at how silky smooth it is and the amount of coverage. Despite the color in the pan, it applies yellowish, but not too yellow...I personally have always thought Mac NC 30 is a tad too yellow, but this Jordan's color is perfect! Applies so smooth and looks like skin with just a mere dusting of the powder. What a find!

Edit: 15 minutes later, I start itching. Look at the ingredients for "Perfect Powder" on their website, and the product has Benzyl Salicylate in it, which I'm allergic to. It's the same ingredient that's been added to Lancome's Dual finish powder which I loved for years, then they changed the formula and added this sensitizing ingredient and I started itching. Argh! If you aren't sensitive to the ingredient, then you're lucky!!

on 10/6/2016 5:51:00 PM

Love it so, so much ! It's cruelty free. Looks natural and smooth. Doesn't look cakey, heavy, or shiny on skin. (I have oily skin) It's not expensive. It covers my pimples and pimple scars that are healing. The shade i bought is dark for me so i will buy a lighter shade next time. Since this one is dark for me, i apply it after one of my liquid foundations which is too light for me. I don't even have to use primer or setting spray. (Only moisturizer) I will definitely buy it again. Love this product so much.

on 8/11/2016 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is the best drugstore powder I've found. I use this as a setting powder but I also find it has decent coverage. When I initially tried it a few years ago, I had to settle for the shade 106 light honey which was the closest match but a little too pink for my NC42 skin.

Thankfully Jordana have since released some new shades and the shade 111 Golden Beige is perfect for me- it's a beige with a yellow undertone. If I'm running quick errands or otherwise don't want to wear foundation, I can wear this powder alone and I'm good to go.

I also love the shade 107 Honey Amber- it's golden and makes a great bronzer, warming up my face nicely. The shade 109 Warm Cocoa I like for contouring.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Luckily I got this in the very last "106 Light Honey" that was left at the store! Out of the 5 powders that I have, this is the one that I seem to keep reaching for on a fairly often daily basis. It's fantastic! It goes on so nicely, evenly and smoothly. The smell is pleasant, not over-powering either. I love the packaging too. Although it is in-expensive, it looks nice and sleek. I like that there's a mirror that's large(r) too. I find that a little goes a long way with it too and unlike some of my other powders, I don't need to layer it on. It's not cakey whatsoever. Good stuff. Only $5.65 CAD too at the "Canadian Dollar Store." Other drug-store powders where I live in Toronto seem to range from $11.30 to even $22 w/ all the taxes included. I was apprehensive at 1st as I'm acne prone too, so cannot just coat my entire face w/ anything, but so far so good! This is a total GEM! :)

Pros: Matte Coverage Not chalky Not drying Drug Store brand Inexpensive Comparable to Milani press powder Cons: Smells like Baby Powder

on 10/29/2013 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've only recently started getting into Jordana products, mostly because of beauty bloggers. It's not a brand that is readily available in stores here in Canada, so anything I want, I buy online. One of the things that got me to buy this powder was the price. I figured even if it was completely horrible, I was only out $2. Happily, I think I found a new HG powder.

One of the things I love about it, which might turn other people off, is the coverage. This powder on it's own gives me more coverage than light coverage foundations. If you have decent skin and not a lot to cover, just this over a sheer BB cream or tinted moisturizer would likely be sufficient. Because the coverage is so good, and due to it being a powder that sits on the skin rather than sinking into the skin, it does wonders for my enlarged pores on my cheekbones and nose. After applying, they quite literally disappear, something I've never experienced with any other product.

One of the minor qualms I have about this powder is that it does have a tendency to transfer if not set with some kind of spray. I ALWAYS set my makeup, either with a makeup setting spray or even just a super-fine mist of water, so this doesn't bother me at all, but those who aren't prone to setting might notice some transfer for the first little while after they put it on. After I put it on, and after setting, it will last a good 8-10 hours. I haven't tested it beyond that, as it's sufficient for my needs.

One other thing to note about this is the colour selection, from what I can see, favours pink undertones more than yellow/neutral. This could pose a little bit of a problem when trying to find a good match. However, despite the coverage, the colour itself actually disperses pretty well, so you would likely be ok if you were a shade off. Their shade system also seems a little odd to me. I'm always the lightest in any foundation colour, but I actually have this in 03 Soft Beige, which is supposed to be darker than the 01 Natural Beige, however in any swatches I've seen, and any site I've bought it from, the 03 definitely looks lighter than the 01, albeit a tad more neutral.

Overall, I'm in love with this powder and will definitely continue to repurchase.

on 7/29/2013 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love Jordana products. Unfortunately this powder is a big dissapointment. Feels very heavy, very cakey on. Felt like my skin was suffocating and inevitably i broke out in huge cystic acne. I cleared up my skin and then tried using it again, and AGAIN, huge breakout so im positive this is what did it. The coverage is ok, the shades run towards pink too much and they are so close together that you can't really tell the difference. Overall, im sad it didn't work for me because i wanted to like it. So, in the garbage it goes. Thank God it didn't cost much money.

on 6/2/2013 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this powder so much!! I've been using jordana blushes,lipsticks and eye liners for so long and they work fantastic for the price. I tried their powder many years ago and it broke and I moved on to another brand. Luckily I came back to this because of makeup alley. I've stop wearing my black opal stick foundation (nutmeg) on a daily basis because I don't think I need full coverage everyday, just if I'm going on a date or clubbing, and I've seen great improvements in my skin. I just wear some concealer and this powder in (107 honey amber) to work or if I'm out running errands this keeps me so matte and it looks so natural, it looks quiet ashy when you first put it on but like 10 minutes it blends with your skin. Great powder for the price. I just went out to get another compact because I've just hit the pan with my current. Love!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this product online for about 1.49 or 1.99 the first time I purchased it I repurchased it again today while on 34th street in manhatten for $2.00 needless to say its worth it. you get good quality for a couple of bucks love it.. nc45 skin and I got honey amber 107

This is the first pressed powder I've tried and I mostly wanted it to help set my BB cream so it would last longer. I usually do not fuss over powders but I though hey why not, it was only a few dollars. Anyhoo I've tried Jordana products before with success and I really like this pressed powder! It was cheap and it does not leave me feeling like I'm wearing makeup which is huge for me. Mine did come with the puff but I just found out it did in the secret compartment with mirror, lol so I now have 3 backup puffs. I had no idea it came with these things! :D I bought the 101 Light Beige and it works terrific on my skin, and I'm pretty fair. I did not buy the lightest toned one because I felt that one was too light for my completion. Product works great and feels light on your face.