Essie Lacquered Up

No Image

4.8

on 3/25/2016 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A beautiful warm red that applied smoothly. I could have got away with one coat but two added to the brightness. Topped with Essie's Good to Go topcoat it lasted over a week.

on 3/1/2016 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is a warm red nail polish. Applies very easily no streaking and gives full coverage in two coats. I tend to wear red nail polish about 98% of the time and I like this one.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My absolute favorite red polish. I've repurchased it once already and plan to repurchase it for as long as Essie sells it. Whenever I'm itching to wear a red polish, I don't hesitate to go for this one. It's the perfect bright red. I will say that it may not suit some skin tones, as I have friends who have worn it and said they didn't like how it looked on themselves, but loved how it looked on me. It gives the perfect pop of color whether it be for the holidays or for spring/summer. I find that this is the only red polish that I can pass off as a year-long red, despite how vibrant it is. It's opaque in two coats. The only downside, which barely counts because this happens with all red polishes I've ever used, is that taking it off is a pain. It definitely stains the nails for a day or two (and that is with using base coat. I couldn't imagine how it'd be without it :/ ).

on 6/5/2013 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Finally, I've found my go-to red nail polish! I've gone through a lot of red polishes over the years, but they've always lacked in something for me. I spent a lot of time researching Essie's red shades and as soon as I saw the online image swatches for Lacquered Up, it had to be mine. It's just most stunning true red - no orange, no black, no crimson, a true blood red. In indoor lighting it looks dull and slightly rouge, but outdoor, you see the true brightness of the red. I would recommend using a white nail polish as a base, as reds always seem to be quite sheer. Apart from that, it's just a perfect red!

I absolutely love this nail polish! It is probably my favorite red (and I have about a million bottles of polish). It is opaque in one coat, but I usually add a second just to be sure it's perfectly even. It is a shiny, vibrant tomato-red. Super sexy and looks gorgeous for the summer months. Buy this polish!

I went to my nail salon yesterday and was looking for a RED color - not just any red but striking red. Lacquered Up struck my attention. But as I picked up the bottle it seemed orangy to me - so I put it back on the shelf and picked up some other red colors. As I sat waiting to be prettied up, I quickly brought up Make Up Alley on my phone to check out the reviews on Lacquered Up. I ran back and grabbed Lacquered Up and put back the other colors - FABULOUS MOVE!!!! As soon as my nail technician put the first dab on - I fell in love! I am totally in love with this color. The reviews are right. It is a tomato red - a nice sexy red - very old-Hollywood style which I LOVE! I also purchased this color today. I have finally found my signature color - after many so-so purchases. Lacquered Up makes me feel old Hollywood up! Turner Classic Movie channel here I come! ;-)

on 8/25/2012 2:44:00 AM

I've been looking for the prefect not too orangey tomato/brick red polish for a while and this one is perfect. There's no difference in brightness and coverage if you only apply one layer instead of two. In the long run I guess that means this bottle will last me twice as long as my other Essie polishes. Awesome!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I simply adore this nail polish. Essie's Lacquered Up is an excellent bright and vivid tomato red, just what I was looking for.. It's very sexy on my toenails. It has an excellent texture and applicator brush, that's why the application of this nail polish is ridiculously easy. It is very durable, in fact much more than I expected. It stays on for a very long time without chipping. Removing it however is giving me a lot of trouble. I had been using an acetone-based remover that dealt with my other nail polishes very easily, but on this particular nail polish, it hardly does anything... It does remove a tiny portion with a lot of scrubbing and it would take hours to get the whole thing off my nails. And that's with just ONE coat of nail polish! I ended up with messy nails with no way to remove the whole stuff so I had to paint over them to look decent. I guess I will have to go buy some pure acetone and try my luck with that, because, at the moment, I'm stuck with red toenails. Not that this is some kind of problem though, once you put on this shade of nail polish on your nails, you won't want it to come off..!

on 7/2/2011 12:33:00 PM

I have been searching for a "50's red" - a classic, warm, tomato red that is bright, but not screamy or neon colored. I had in mind to buy "Fifth Avenue", but at the very last moment I changed my mind and bought "Laquered Up" instead as it seemed slightly warmer and less "flat".

I'm so happy, I bought this one! It's a perfect warm red with slight orange undertones, and has a very beautiful and classy finish. It doesn't look plasticy at all as so many lighter colors do. On top of it, it's very, very easy to apply. Two coats and the color is even, covering and glossy. I put on a top coat for strenght, but I didn't have to do it for shine.

on 3/2/2011 5:15:00 PM

I love this color--like other reviewers stated, it is a lovely tomato red and it has a little orange in it instead of being a dark, vampy red. Very fun color. My only qualm is that it is very runny--every time I use this color, the polish runs all over my cuticles, making it a little difficult to use. I love Essie and haven't had this problem with any other colors. However, I love this color so I'll keep using it :).

Popular Polishes