Chanel Lift Lumiere Fluid

Chanel Lift Lumiere Fluid
Lift Lumiere Fluid

4.1

Aqua (water). Cyclopentasiloxane. Titanium dioxide. Ethylhexl Methoxcinnamate. Dimethicone. PEG-10 Dimethicone. Glycerin. Phenyl Trimethicone. Butylene Glycol. Boron Nitride. Polymethylsilsequioxane. Pro-Pylene Glycol. Sodium Chloride. Talc. Stearic Acid. Phenoxyethanol. Alumina. Camellia Kissi Seed Oil. C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer. Methylparaben. Aluminium hydroxide. Disteardimonium Hectorite. Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate. Tocopheryl Acetate. Psium Sativum. (Pea) Extract. Propylparaben. VP/Dimethiconylacrylate/Polycarbamyl/Polyglycolester. Alcohol. Sodium Citrate. Sodium Hyaluronate. Silica. Potassium Sorbet. Chlorphenesin. BHT. Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract. Ethylparaben. Tocopherol. Denatonium Benzoate. [+/- (may contain) CI 77007 (Ultramarines). CI 77491, CI 77942, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). CI 77891 (Titanium Oxide). Mica]

on 8/26/2017 11:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am 61 with dry, mature, fair skin. Always in the search for a great foundation that dries to a natural looking finish, lasts throughout the day and doesn't suck the moisture from my skin.

I normally stay away from Chanel foundations as the reviews speak to minimal coverage. I prefer a medium coverage. The Chanel description of Lift Lumiere claims medium to full coverage with a luminous finish. I get a medium finish and can go back and cover my spots to a high medium coverage. I wouldn't call this full coverage.

This is an odd foundation as it takes forever to dry down. It seems like the tackiness will never go away and then it's dry. For my skin, this has been the only non greasy formula that keeps a bit of a glow. All the other foundations that claim to be luminous ended up either disappearing or turn matte on me.

The SA matched me to 14 Ivoire. When I initially put it on my skin, it looks way too yellow for me. But when I blend it on with a brush, my complexion looks like a brighter neutral. So I guess it's actually canceling out my pink under tone.

This foundation lasts very nicely and doesn't transfer too badly.

This is a lovely foundation and definitely in my top 5.

My other favorites are:

Estée Lauder ReNutriv creme in Ecru
Lancome stick in 110 Cool
Giorgio Armani Crema Nuda in shade 2
Estée Lauder Double Wear Light in shade 1

Update: The more I use this the more I like it. Right now I would put it up there with a tie with my EL ReNutriv.

on 12/29/2015 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have real dry skin and I've tried a lot of moisturizing foundation but none of them can compare to this!! The only bad thing is there's not enough coverage that I prefer

on 1/26/2015 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This was a really disappointing purchase. I never noticed any kind of lift or tightening, found it did not last well, and provided little coverage. Even using primer and/or a powder to set seemed to make no difference as to how well it lasted, which was half a day at best. The color wasn't easily buildable, and the finish seemed stuck between shiny and satiny, neither being a good coverage.

The packaging makes it impossible to see how much is left - not that I actually cared too much since I wasn't really using it, but it is helpful to know where you stand on a foundation.

Definitely not something I'll purchase again. I'm willing to pay the prices if a product is great, but found this to be a waste of money.

This is my HG foundation it ticks all the boxes, it doesn't sink into fine lines and has a beautiful finish not to matt and not to shiny, it lasts ok when I use a primer, my shade is 30 and was matched perfect to my skin, when I wear it I get compliments on how good my skin looks. I have dry patched on my cheeks and this helps it because it has a serum in the foundation. I use it everyday and it lasts me a couple of months, I find the best application is with your fingers. I suffer from rosacea and it covers it well and I never get breakouts from it.
When I heard they discontinued in December I was very dissapointed but on my last visit to the Chanel counter they said it's coming back in the summer, thank god!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh my, I love this foundation. I'm a foundation snob who loves high end skin products. Who doesn't? Admittedly, i was relieved this product didn't work for me. Phew. I used all of Chanel's foundations and this one is the most expensive. I was told by a sales rep that lift lumiere ran slightly lighter in color shade than the other lines (ex. lumiere perfection) and the tone colors were more neutral. I couldn't tell the difference. I have combination skin, though I wish it'll make up its mind, but it's largely dependent on the weather. It's hot and muggy here, so during the summer months (9 months long), I have oily skin. During cooler months, I have combination skin with dry patches. It was during the cooler months when I used this foundation.The lifting serum in the foundation helps in making your skin look "beautiful" and smooth. My skin looked, dare I say, dreamy? It applies matte but turns luminous in 20 minutes. If only it stayed that way! My face promptly turned oily after two hours. Lift lumiere is not water based, and not for those with oily skin. Yah, I know.
For those ladies who want the firm but not the grease, I suggest using lumiere perfection mixed with your favorite firming serum. For those ladies with dry skin, lucky you. Be warned, dry patches will show regardless of how the foundation is applied. Ladies, Chanel counters offer generous amount of foundation samples, please do take advantage of it. Color may oxidize. Hope this helps.

on 11/15/2015 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried many foundations and have to say love this one. Lovely texture
Does what it says on the tin! Not too matte or shiny - a nice glow. Medium coverage. Does not sit in lines and stayed well with primer
Worth the money!

I was lucky enough to get my shade during a StrawberryNet daily sale. When I first used this foundation, it looked amazing - my husband could tell by the finish that I was using a quality product. I loved the ritual of using a high end brand product and the smell was lovely.

But after awhile, my skin felt oily to the touch and I could see product all over my spectacle frames. Even the patch that I pumped on my hand to use with a brush would oxidise into an orange shade (hopefully I didn't look like an orangutan). As I got to the end of the bottle, I felt that the stronger coverage probably washed me out rather than enhance me but I think its staying power is better than other brands I've tried. Also, it didn't break me out while I was pregnant.

Will I buy again? Maybe if it was on sale but it's not enough to stop me trying other brands.

on 7/15/2014 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Got a sample and I wasn't impressed. It is supposed to be a hydrating luminous foundation, and I found it to have quite a flat and dull finish on my skin. I much prefer the Guerlain lingerie de Peau, which is creamier.Lift Lumiere is kind of mat on my skin..I wasn't impressed with it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Tried this foundation and it went on nicely. Highly disappointed in color choices as with all Chanel foundations, the colors are too dark. I wear ivory in most other brands. The salesfolks try to convince you it is one of their lighter colors. I try by putting it on in the store and then going outside to see the color in daylight. This also allows me not to feel pressured into a purchase if the color is not good.

on 9/17/2014 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best foundation ! The one who works their said it's not for my age! But the other Chanel either Matt or very sheer so this is perfect for me! It's covering! It's glowing and the color is wonderful! I don't know y it's called lift ! It's not lifting my skin!