Jason Natural Cosmetics Dandruff Relief Dandruff Shampoo

Jason Natural Cosmetics Dandruff Relief Dandruff Shampoo

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Sulfur 2.0 %, Salicylic Acid 2.0 % Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Stearic Acid, Potassium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (1), Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (1), Camphor, Dimethyl Sulfone (2), Menthol, Methyl Salicylate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium PCA, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Capryloyl Glycine, Undecylenoyl Glycine, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 7/22/2016 6:55:00 PM

This is not as effective as Neutrogena. But it smells a little better. You can still smell the tar, but there is some other fragrance, I think it is rosemary or mint to mask it a little bit. This fragrance stays with you for a little while. The price is better than Neutrogena.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One night when I was ran out of my Shea Moisture Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo which made my hair real greasy even with daily washes, I decided to use my Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Bar Soap because it had similar ingredients to the shampoo in a pinch. Worst decision ever! My hair was so gunked up after because the first ingredient listed is pure African shea butter. I had no time to re-wash my hair so the next day (I take night showers) I had to put my hair up & go out with horribly greasy feeling hair that made my scalp feel so suffocated, ick! I went to my local Freddies that day in search of an all natural, sulfate-free shampoo & stumbled upon many Jason shampoos. I was looking between the Super Shiny Aprocite, Scalp Normalizing Tea Tree Oil & this Dandruff one. I decided on this dandruff one since things like Selsun Blu had always made my scalp feel so so clean while taking away any painful scalp pimples I often get from an oily scalp (why I wash daily) but even better because this one is sulfate-free. That night I raced into the shower to wash my hair & I was so surprised that it lathered up real good on the first wash. Since I wanted to ensure that all of the shea butter was out I rinsed and repeated. On the second wash it had such a thick, creamy foam that I honestly forgot that this shampoo is sulfate-free! I did not experience the dryness that I often read about on here & the smell was really light & warm which I actually enjoyed despite popular opinion & I can still smell it in my hair the next day. My scalp has never felt any better & I love that unlike the Head&Shoulders I used as a child when I actually had dandruff this Jason one doesn't feel like it's coating my hair in heavy waxes but still hydrates with light weight oils.

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/20/2016 4:23:00 PM

Sigh. This shampoo smells like sulphur, dries out my hair, and strips the color. Why am I still giving it four stars? Because nothing else is as effective on my SD. My scalp itches like crazy sometimes, and this instantly soothes it, feels nice and tingly, and gets rid of flakes. I put conditioner on the ends of my hair before using this shampoo, and condition all over after, which helps a little with the dryness.

on 11/18/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This has worked better than all of the other regular drugstore brands I have tried (T-gel, Selson Blue, Denorex, Head and Shoulders and various others over the years). For me personally, this really calms my scalp down (stops the itch) and keeps me flake free for longer. Luckily, my problem with flakes has decreased altogether after switching to a more natural beauty regimen, but this is still a keeper, in case my scalp gets out of balance! Using it every few days is easy enough to keep my scalp totally clear.

However, it is just for the scalp! Meaning, I focus this on my scalp and then rinse, then I absolutely do need to use another shampoo to clean my hair. Another tip: I also massage some oil into my scalp prior to using this, to prevent any over-drying that might occur.

Update: I have used this without using scalp oil first, and it is not at all drying for me. Also, unless my hair is unusually oily, then I do not need an additional shampoo for cleansing my hair. I'm not a huge fan of the scent - I don't like any of the scents for Jason's shampoos. But whereas the others smell unnatural/plasticy fragrances, this one doesn't smell unnatural - it reminds me of some type of hair/scalp oil I used to purchase from the Indian store, though I'm not sure which one. It does contain many good oils, so I like that - but I don't like how I can still smell them for a few hours after washing my hair. It could also simply be that I am sensitized to those particular scents.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Awful. I have curly hair which is dry, as well as my scalp. This shampoo left so much buildup in my hair and did nothing to get rid of the small flakes I had. My hair felt so weighed down after using it, greasy at the scalp and dry on the ends. Smell is strong but didn't bother me, I actually quite liked it. Would never repurchase.!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After I applied this shampoo to my scalp, I waited a few minutes before washing it out--I made a diligent to effort to get all of it out of my hair b/c I don't want salicylic acid left in my hair...As I washed it out I could feel that my hair was noticeably smoother--I've never felt my hair feel so healthy after rinsing out a shampoo.

I still have flakes, and this shampoo stripped my hair of some of it's color. ( I'm a natural blonde and I dye my hair dark brown) Since I'm just using box dye currently I'm not too concerned, but if I was getting my hair professionally colored I would stay away from this shampoo.

Ugh. I wished this shampoo left my scalp as clean as head n shoulders and even the equate selsun blue...both these brands worked much better than this shampoo at stopping dandruff and cleaning my scalp. My hair loved this shampoo though.

My sister purchased a bottle of this and found it effective against her scalp flaking & itching. They were gone after a month's usage so she gave the rest for me to try. I used it a couple of times 6 months ago, back when I still had a pixie cut, and although I loved the tingling and cooling effect on my scalp, my hair frizzed up and got incredibly poufy after. Nightmare! I shelved it and went back to using other shampoos. Unfortunately, due to harsh chemicals/product buildup, I started getting flakes and itchy scalp again, and after I had my now-chin length hair chemically straightened, I decided to try this again. A couple of washes in and I've rediscovered why it's gotten so many good reviews.
PROS: 1. Love the tingling/cooling sensation while it sits on the scalp; 2. Eases the itching; 3. Gets rid of oil and product buildup; 4. The bottle is huge so it lasts a long time; 5. Reportedly gets rid of pimples/blemishes, too.
CONS: 1. The smell takes a while to get used to. It starts off herbalish but there's a note of rotten eggs there due to the sulfur. I'd only use this when I'm staying in for fear that other people might catch a whiff of my hair; 2. A bit pricey.
NEUTRAL: This doesn't lather that much and is more of a scalp treatment rather than a shampoo.
It's still to early to tell whether it will eliminate the flakes, so I will update after a month or two.

I tam using the 2 in 1 version. It is amazing! It cleared up my dandruff immediately. The 2-1 has no sulfur smell. The first few times I used this, my hair was extra frizzy, but after a while, my hair got use to it. I use apple cider vinegar and borax as a hair conditioner, and I have thick wavy dry hair. My scalp and hair look fantastic now. :D

This shampoo really does work---amazingly well. It does everything it claims it will do. The only problem is the odor. It is extremely strong, and it's sulfur, so it's not exactly a pleasant smell. You won't notice it when first washing, as there is a fragrance present that masks it that is not offending. But give it about 1 hour after drying, and it picks up intensely. I really regretted having this on during a day at work. It will even keep an odor on your pillowcase that is hard to wash out. It takes several washes to come out as even using a different shampoo afterwards, it still lingered.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

While it did take care of my dandruff the man-smell was too much... also when it got near my eyes, NOT IN THEM it started to sting and I started losing some hair... hell nah mang! >:/

Popular Shampoos