71%

price range

Reviews

1.0

3 months ago

If you want a mineral makeup, much better choices available for much less. Bismuth Oxychloride listed near the bottom and may contain carmine. (Carmine is derived from insects.) Here's the ingredient list for this product: MICA, DIMETHICONE, NYLON-12, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ZINC STEARATE, SILICA, METHICONE, SQUALANE, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ALUMINA, CITRIC ACID, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) STARCH, RETINYL PALMITATE, SEA SALT/MARIS SAL/SEL MARIN, SILK POWDER/SERICA/POUDRE DE SOIE, TOCOPHEROL, SODIUM SULFITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR (+/-) BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), CARMINE (CI 75470), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)] I did give packaging a four. As per skincarisma. com, there is a few ingredients scoring/flagged on the Comedogenic Rating chart. This a is powder with unnecessary ingredients (and a small amount of minerals) calling itself a mineral makeup.

About reviewer (221 reviews)

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

This is hands down the best mineral powder foundation I ever tried. Pros: - doesn’t oxidize. All other mineral foundations oxidize on my face 1.5 to 3 shades. This one doesn’t change the color at all. - doesn’t cake and doesn’t settle in fine lines; - nondrying; - it scented (the scent doesn’t linger) and surprisingly it doesn’t mess up my sensitive skin. The scent reminds me of the powder my grandma used to have. I love it for the sentimental reasons; - the packaging is very cool for a ‘loose’ powder, but the puff provided with it is too small, too soft, and too fluffy to use; - once powder sets in it become a part of the skin, truly invisible/undetectable. Cons: - the coverage is extremely light even if layered in three layers using a full coverage brush; - it irritates my sensitive eyes. Update August 8th: I've learned how to build up the coverage, but along with higher coverage, the foundation started oxidizing on me 1 shade darker and from working it in my skin starting to get breakouts. Won't buy it again.

About reviewer (640 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

2 years ago

I really wanted to like this product, given the money I had to pay (it is quite expensive) and that it claims that it is non-drying, but no, this mineral powder foundation does not work on me. Why? Well, firstly, while it is correctly non-drying, it is so because of the very long list of ingredients, which probably why my skin actually got irritated and red by this product. Secondly, the coverage is sheer to medium, and not full, as claimed. To get full coverage, one needs to use a lot, lot LOT of product to get results, and although this mineral powder foundation does not cake easily on your face, by the time you get the coverage you want, you feel like you have a powder cake in your face because the huge amount needed. I really don't understand the ravings about this mineral powder foundation. Yes, the packaging is clever, but if the product it contains doesn't work - why the cheers? Won't be buying it again.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age44-55

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

1.0

2 years ago

If you put on a layer of this it works as a finishing powder. You have to put on A LOT more than that in order to get coverage. Said coverage will be light, maybe almost medium (although I think that's a stretch). I gives skin a beautiful finish and even with a lot of product it looks like you have no makeup on (even though it's making your skin look MUCH better). I've concluded that I need to wear a concealer under this. I've tried putting it on top of Benefit's Porefessional primer, which yielded less coverage but felt less dry. I used YSL touche éclat on top on my under eye area and it worked very well if applying with patting motions instead of swiping. Regarding tools, the sales assistant told me she didn't recommend using the powder puff that comes with this (she was right) and to keep it only for touch ups on the go. She recommended a large kabuki brush (the brand also sells that) but I ended up buying a mini kabuki brush from H&M (much cheaper and I'm quite happy with it). I'm not yet sure if I will repurchase because I'd also like to try BareMinerals before I settle on a favorite. I own shade 02 and it matches me perfectly. Bonus tip: the sales assistant suggested that I get 04 instead because the darker color would get me more coverage and cancel my redness better. However, I tested that for a day and didn't like it - I felt too tan/orangey. EDIT 1: After a day of use I've come to the conclusion that when I blush the redness is VERY visible on my cheeks. I am not impressed. I'll buy a different foundation and keep this as a finishing powder (it seems a shame to simply toss it). I now agree with the other reviewers that said you should only use this if you already have great skin and don't need foundation to begin with. Also, the application process is getting on my nerves as it is a bit of a fuss and the powder gets on my clothes. I took two lippies off because of this. EDIT 2: after 1 day of use I got a new pimple and after day 2 I got 3 additional new pimples, all in places where I don't usually get pimples and at a time when my acne was subsiding. I'm not sure this is the culprit but now I'm afraid to use it and get more pimples. Also, it's not visually noticeable but this makes most of my face feel too dry and tight the whole day. Took another lippie off. So disappointed in this.

About reviewer (114 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I found this when EA was having a makeover promotion. If you're looking for a mineral foundation, you must try this. I love the idea of a mineral powder foundation but found Bare Minerals accentuated my pores. I have also tried a few drugstore brands but hated them. The kabuki brush is also outstanding. I am 02 in the shade range which fits my NC20 skin perfectly.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

So i really liked this powder, thought it was the best thing ever until i discovered black opal deluxe finishing powder. Its hydrating, finely milled, smooth and looks very natural whilst providing good cover. The thing that let me down was the shade selection. I was given no. 7 too dark and number 5/6 too light looked ashy. I was so dissapoint since we cannot return it once opened. Now im stuck with a super expensive powder which i cant use. No.7 is very cooled toned and doesnt work for me..blame the SA! Overall very good product shades not warm enough for me and the price is way to high. The packaging is awesome tho.I wonder if i could transfer my Black opal into this packaging hehe probably not!

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Dark, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

Have used this product for nearly a year, I just love it! The product is easy to apply, leaves my skin feeling soft and flawless. It says put all day and doesn't go shiny. The only negative I've found is that it doesn't seem to go very far and a lot gets stuck in the bottom of the packaging due to the design. I will continue to use it though!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

One of the best powder foundations I have ever used! I have this in Pure Finish 01 (the palest shade) and it is perfect for my NC15 skin with neutral to warm undertones. However, this color is not available in stores and I have to purchase on the EA website. I apply this over my sunscreen (Missha Time Revolution SPF50) and it does not stick to wet patches or oxidize at all. This gives medium coverage but I think this can be built up more. It does not look powdery at all and instead makes my skin look perfected but luminous. I do have to wear a concealer under my eyes as I do need to cover my dark circles and melasma. I love the packaging, and I love the way that this is a solid block until you twist the inner packaging to shave off the powder. This makes the powder mess free and great for travel. The puff that comes with this ok but I use a brush to apply anyway. I was concerned that EA would discontinue it (all of my HGs end up being discontinued) but the SA in my local department store said that they were trying to promote this more and definitely not discontinuing. I will continue to purchase this, and may stock up when I can just in case EA change their minds!

About reviewer (1232 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

5 years ago

This is a good foundation if -you like mineral foundations -want light natural coverage -don't want to look as if you're wearing makeup -don't need to cover up too much -want a day to day foundation I use 07 to even out the different brown tones on my face and to cover up some acne scarring. I'm not looking for heavy coverage- just the bare minimum. I do find that by the end of the day that quite a bit might have come off, but I think that's normal after 14 hours. I recommend this for a more natural look. I'm on my third purchase since coming across it about a year and half ago. While it's expensive the packaging helps you use almost all of it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark

HairOther

6 years ago

Yes it is an HG product. I tried a sample, then bought one in#02, which is a perfect match for my NC15to20 ish skin tone. I have a lot of redness, some wrinkles, fairly dry sensitive skin, with a tendency to form pimples (rosacea) along with some sebhorrhea and keratosis. This doesn't set off any of my skin problems. Nor does it oxidize after a few hours. Its the same lovely look all day long. Light to medium coverage. Sort of blurs out freckles, redness and other imperfections. My skin but almost perfect is how it comes out. I do use a bit of Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish cream foundation as a concealer when it has to be perfect but by itself this is my everyday choice. Mine says spf 20, which is great since I can't seem to find a sunscreen that wont irritate my skin. I find it goes on top of anything I've tried without changing colour or oxidizing. It is a little drying, which I expect in a powder so I apply on top of my faithful cerave cream. No caking or visible powderiness. I use a tip my sister told me. I give it a miniscule turn, then swirl the kabuki brush (I got the one designed for this powder), then tap it into an old mug. Apply then reload from the mug, and apply till done. Turn brush handle down into mug for later. This ensures the least waste of the product. I find it stays in bigger "crumbles" till tapping into the mug & swirling the brush. Some crumbles landed on my makeup table till I learnt this tip. Since this is a 50$ Canadian price it isn't to be wasted. Yet it is worth every penny. Updated to add: Still loving this product, but not enough coverage. At 60 it's just not enough anymore. Won't rebuy but it's a gorgeous product and I highly recommend it if you just need a touch of sheer coverage.

About reviewer (296 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm