Neutrogena Norwegian formula Lipcare spf 20

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/24/2016 5:59:00 AM

Bought it because of all the great reviews, but I'm not impressed at all. With the stick almost finished, here's my opnion:

1. Formula, consistency: fine for me. It glides on smoothly, feels greasy enough to be comfortable but not too greasy either. Just two swipes is enough to cover my lips.

2. Taste/smell: I personally don't mind the smell, but I do think this one smells very 'chemical', it's not a nice scent. Again I don't mind, but I know that some people do. I usually don't mind the taste either, BUT this one tastes really bad to me, yuck! Whenever I have it on my lips I try really hard not to lick my lips or get any of the product inside my mouth, because it has this really bitter taste, urgh! I compare it to the taste of sun screen getting in my mouth during the summer.

3. Color: I feel it gives my lips a blueish hue, not healthy looking. Maybe it's because of the SPF? If I use it as a base for lipstick I don't mind, but when using on its own I really don't like the fluorescent effect!

4. Moisturizing: it's rather drying for me. Feels comfortable for a while but then it wears off and my lips feel even drier than before, while I don't even have chapped lips or anything. They're only a little dry, but this stick can't take care of it.

So all in all, I managed to finish the stick so it cant be that bad, but I won't repurchase!

It works ok. What I dislike it the greasy feel on the lips. If you put some lipstick on top too soon it will definitely slide off. And the smell is quite aggressive. To me it smells of old grandma's cream.
The packaging is simple is easy to use though.

on 6/11/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This actually works. It's not just one of those lip balms that look and smell cute but don't do squat. It tastes a bit strange but my lips feel and look way better when I use it so...5 stars.

on 3/19/2009 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

It's great to find a decent lip balm with a high SPF. I prefer the stick form over tubes and tiny jars. I like the formula: it doesn't feel waxy, it absorbs well and feels adequately moisturizing. But what I dislike is its fragrance: it smells and tastes very unpleasant. I probably won't buy again, if I find an equally good chapstick with as good an SPF as this one minus the annoying scent. But until then, I'll definitely be using this every day.

Ingredients: Ricinus Communis, Paraffin, Cera Alba, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina, 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Isohexadecane, Titanium Dioxide, Bisabolol, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Sodium Sulfate, Candelilla Cera, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Propylene Glycol, BHA, Propyl Gallate, Citric Aacid, Parfum.

on 2/2/2009 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been looking for a lip treatment with an Spf, and now I have found it! My lips was soo dry from the cold weather, and this was one of the few thing that did help and didn't make it worse or drier, and that my lips did get addicted to.
Abit more expensive than other lip treatments but it works so that is an plus for me.
I do think that it has both UVA/UVB protection. The main sunscreen ingridient is syntetic and mostly UVB but it contains Titanium dioxide and that protects both UVA/UVB.
The taste is funky. Contains fragrance (?!) but nothing bad. My HG liptreatment.

Top Rated Lip Treatments