no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I really like this lip balm. It smells nice, doesn't react with my very sensitive skin, and makes my lips soft and moisturised. It is now my go-to.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

HairBlond

4 years ago

I got this at the airport after I realised I had forgotten my lip balm and my lips get really dry during long flights. I have to say it wasn't the best but it was definitely not the worst lip balm I have ever tried. The price is great at only £2.89 in boots and it has lasted a long time. The SPF is really handy and I have had no problem with the packaging other than the fact it isn't the best looking. I found that is was quite hard to smooth over the lips on first swipe and it dragged the lips which isn't great, however once it has warmed up it glides on. If you use too much your mouth will look very shiny and there will be a white tint to your lips. The formula is quite greasy and leaves a slight shine to your lips. Also the greasy feel means it cannot be used as a lipstick base, my MAC matte lipstick just slid right off when it usually doesn't budge. In my opinion there is quite a soapy smell to it which is bearable since it isn't overwhelming however the taste is not good. it tastes like you have accidentally of your face wash in your mouth, very bitter. I have recently been using this by applying loads to my lips and just letting it soak in overnight and I have noticed a difference, but I no longer use it during the day. Overall for the price it is decent and if I couldn't find anything else I would buy this again.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

HairBrunette

2.0
from

4 years ago

Bought it because of all the great reviews, but I'm not impressed at all. With the stick almost finished, here's my opnion: 1. Formula, consistency: fine for me. It glides on smoothly, feels greasy enough to be comfortable but not too greasy either. Just two swipes is enough to cover my lips. 2. Taste/smell: I personally don't mind the smell, but I do think this one smells very 'chemical', it's not a nice scent. Again I don't mind, but I know that some people do. I usually don't mind the taste either, BUT this one tastes really bad to me, yuck! Whenever I have it on my lips I try really hard not to lick my lips or get any of the product inside my mouth, because it has this really bitter taste, urgh! I compare it to the taste of sun screen getting in my mouth during the summer. 3. Color: I feel it gives my lips a blueish hue, not healthy looking. Maybe it's because of the SPF? If I use it as a base for lipstick I don't mind, but when using on its own I really don't like the fluorescent effect! 4. Moisturizing: it's rather drying for me. Feels comfortable for a while but then it wears off and my lips feel even drier than before, while I don't even have chapped lips or anything. They're only a little dry, but this stick can't take care of it. So all in all, I managed to finish the stick so it cant be that bad, but I won't repurchase!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

5 years ago

After I tried it for the first time, I can't find anything better.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Relaxed, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I'm onto my 4th of this beauty. 1. It doesn't make me dependent on it, I don't use it for a few days I don't end up with really dry lips. 2. I find it really plumping, gives my lips a boost 3. No scent, hate scented lip balsm/lipsticks. 4. SPF very handy 5. Works under lipsticks great for it you want to make the lipstick more sheer. 6. Goes on easily and gives a nice subtle sheen. 7. Lasts for ages so good value (£2.80ish in the UK) 8. No breakouts around my lips and I react to many things. 9. Simple unfussy packaging that works, had one in my bag for ages, no cracks, lid doesn't come off. It just works. I'm really reluctant to give out HG status but this product is flawless and gets awarded HG.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age36-43

HairBrown

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I am a lip care addict, so I've tried a lot of lip balms over the years. This is my latest favourite. It's great because it has spf in it, it moisturises well without leaving any residue to build up and it doesn't irritate my lips. No nasty aftertaste/flavour either, and it's scentless.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairOther, Relaxed, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

best lipbalm i own..really good treatment if you have cracked lips..and the price is very good, too.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

3.0

7 years ago

It works ok. What I dislike it the greasy feel on the lips. If you put some lipstick on top too soon it will definitely slide off. And the smell is quite aggressive. To me it smells of old grandma's cream. The packaging is simple is easy to use though.

About reviewer (409 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

from

8 years ago

How can I not have reviewed this before?! LOVE this. Best lipbalm I have ever used (and am currently alternating with creme de la mer lipbalm which I think isn't as good... but comes close ;) Is kind of a thick-ish opaque white stick which goes on clear and smells just like the hand cream, not overly strong though. Hydrates well and I rarely get dry flaky lips these days. If I don't have it, I miss it dreadfully. Have one at work, one at home and one in my bag!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

9 years ago

This actually works. It's not just one of those lip balms that look and smell cute but don't do squat. It tastes a bit strange but my lips feel and look way better when I use it so...5 stars.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm