Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner

Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner
Knot Today leave-in conditioner

4.1

organic Mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

I just want to say amen for this whole line. my children are mixed and their hair is very difficult to tame therefore rarely being able to wear their hair down but with this line of product it makes their hair absolutely beautiful and their curls are luxurious. I wish it wasn't so expensive but it's definitely a great product

I love this stuff, I have 2c/3a shoulder length very dry hair. I color with lush hennas maybe 4 times a year if in not feeling lazy. Recently switched to CG friendly products however I have been using this for 2-3 years now. I'm the first to admit I'm a product junkie and this is one of the few bottles that have ever been emptied and repurchased. I love this as a rinse out and a leave in. After a cowash I use a microfiber hair towel to squeeze out a bit of extra water and then run about a quarter size amount between my hands and apply while finger coming. My tangles melt away, my hair stays hydrated and I can use this as my only styler if I want but usually top with 3 drops of jojoba oil for soft frizz free defined Whirly waves. Definitely can't live without this stuff totally worth a try! The only thing I don't enjoy is when the cap gets clogged with product if I forget to shut it however a quick run under some hot tap water cleans it out very easily!

on 10/2/2016 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This really doesn't do anything for my hair - for a detangler it's not enough slip even if I use a ton of it. It might be a good leave-in for someone; for my fine, 3C, low-po hair, it doesn't do much. Leave-ins under gel just make my mane lifeless and limp. Like all KC products, it does smell great, it has no parabens or silicones (not necessarily important for for me), and it's a bit pricey.

on 8/24/2016 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This does not work well for me as a moisturizer. My hair was dry and matted afterward. It is, however, pretty great as a refresher for my twist outs! After a few days my roots begin to straighten out so I apply kinky curly and water to re-moisturize and revive my curls. Works like a charm!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After cutting off my relaxer I was browsing forums trying to figure out how to care for my hair. I heard a lot about this brand. I live in Australia so I order this off of iHerb and really enjoy it.

I wish they sold it in a larger size as even with my chin length hair, its easy to use a lot of this product. Therefore, it's not ideal cost wise, however, you definitely get results!

I have 3A-B hair and I find it encourages clumping of curls, is really great for detangling and I use it as a conditioner in general.

If you have the extra cash and feeling sick of the Vo5 ;) try it out, I recommend the KCCC too

on 2/28/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the only product I've find that detangles my fine, curly hair. I tried so many on the market that I gave up and looked for a DIY recipe. I read that marshmallow root is the best detangler in nature. I didn't want to dig up my neighbor's hibiscus, so I was pleased to see organic marshmallow root as the third ingredient in this product. I use it as a rinse-out detangling conditioner when my hair is really gnarled. It is too heavy to use as a leave-in for me.

on 1/22/2016 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

So this works REALLY great on my hair. I use it with the kinky curly curling custard. My curls have never felt so moisturized. It's a really good product, I recommend it. I'll keep restocking on it. But I'm looking for another one, because at 20$ a bottle that lasted me less than a week, I just need a backup and I'll try alternating. I used to have these huge bottle of conditioners that I would squeeze in my hand until it filled it completely. I have CURLY and LONG hair so that's so out of luck for saving on conditioners. I feel like I need to use quite a lot to get the slippery feel. I'm talking like 1/4 of the bottle everytime I use it.

on 11/21/2015 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I used a generous amount of product (as the bottle suggested for my texture) on clean damp hair. For me, KCKT wasn’t very moisturising for my hair. It didn’t even feel like it had a lot of slip. Yet, I was able to finger detangle my hair quite fine after washing with either shampoo or conditioner. Basically, with the KCKT, my hair looked better than it felt.

Expect a creamy-looking leave-in conditioner that has some slip. Make sure your hair is well moisturised before adding this product, because it doesn’t provide a lot of moisture on its own. This also means that it’s not the best product to use to detangle hair between washes (it works better on clean hair).The leave-in/detangler is about as thick as syrup but not sticky at all. And the smell reminds me of hotel lotion, meaning that it leaves a “clean” scent on the hair. Also, let me just say that I don’t understand how some people get this product to last them for a year or more. It’s been 2 months and I’m already done with the bottle. All in all, I would buy it again, but mainly because I don’t have a staple leave-in yet. KCKT does a good job, I just wish it provided more moisture!

For a more in depth review, you can check out my blog post:

I really want to love this product, but my hair disagree with my feelings.
Bough it in hope to use as a detangler. Reviews were great, and I was in need for a new detangler. I have waist long wavy and dry hair. I pretty much figured out my routine with is It's a 10 leave in products+ coconut oil and occasional detangling stuff.
I've used this product a few times and couldn't help, but notice, that even a dollop sized amount weighs my hair down. I don't need to wash my hair every day, when I used this product, I felt like my hair needed wash right away. The product is sticky, cannot be used as leave in since it doesn't moisturises my hair at all. Can't tell weather it's my hair, or I haven't figured it out yet.
The smell is nice, but gets annoying.

Overall, not happy with it.

on 7/9/2015 10:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really love this as a detangler. On days where my hair is really stubborn, this really works wonders on helping me comb out my hair really easily. A little bit goes a long way, which I really appreciate since this stuff is not cheap. It also has a very pleasant smell and the texture as well. it doesn't leave any residue in my hair, so it never feels waxy or funky after drying. The only thing that gets me down about this product is that my curls aren't as bouncy when I use this as I feel like it weighs them down just a bit. I still love it as it has saved me so much time and frustration in detangling my hair!

Popular Hair Products