Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner

Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner
Knot Today leave-in conditioner

4.1

organic Mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

on 3/21/2018 6:59:00 PM

This is THE BEST leave-in conditioner and detangler I've ever used. I have 2b wavy, fine, medium density, low porosity hair. I've tried a few leave-in conditioners, but this one leaves my hair bouncy, shiny, and holds my curls without having to use a hard hold gels and other products that tend to weigh it down. I use Mop Top Curly Custard on top of this, and diffuse my hair. Perfect...

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Now, this is supposed to work as a leave-in conditioner as well as a detangler. In my experience, this product only works as a detangler. It is simply not heavy enough to work as a leave-in for my hair type. Kinky Curly also says it should be used along with their gel. I've used this combo and had the same results, my hair was way too dry.

That said, this is the best detangler I've ever used. It's actually unbelievable especially considering it is silicone-free. It has saved me on many an occasion. Due to the price, I only break it out when I have a major situation but it gives me great peace of mind to know that I have this in my arsenal when an emergency situation occurs.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't mind paying a premium price for a premium product but I like the CURLS the brand of products better. This doesn't really have a scent that is strong kind of like lotion and I did use it w KTCC the smell of CURLS is amazing that's the first thing CURLS has over this. The second is that my Kroger carries more of the CURLS brand products. They are comparable in price & work pretty much the same I prefer CURLS I think I had better KCKT I have to use a diffuser w this it just wouldn't dry. I hate using heat on my hair so CURLS edges it out there & I don't know if I should be using a gel w this. I don't know if it would rebuy. Im so basic i really just like cantu curl activator best w some eco styler or Aussie instant freeze gel -OR- herbal essences totally twisted mousse mist it over w some Pantene Air Spray.l. Bonus this didn't make my hair sticky. It always feels light & btw I can't brush my waves or I wouldn't have them my curl pattern is more a wave pattern & it's pretty weak. I'd have an Afro if I tried to brush out my hair it's got to be SOTC & finger formed I've got 2B/2C hair it's naturally wavy more than curly some I guess but the waves are kinky. For now I'm sticking w CURLS.i have to say I'm disappointed this is so many ppls HG. :-/

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The best leave in+detangler I have ever tried! It has a semi-thick, lotiony consistency that spreads well, it detangled my hair great, lightly moisturizes my hair without leaving it greasy, it absorbs instantly into my hair, has a nice amount of slip, has a pleasant, type of faint type of sweet scent to it (the smell is all natural, no arificial fragrance or parfum in it), which I can't exactly place, but is totally perfect for individuals who can't stand strong smells at all. I apply this onto to freshly cleansed and deep conditioned hair, after I wash out my conditioner, my hair is left completely soaking wet, and I keep a sprayer bottle next to me so that I can keep my hair as soaking wet as possible throughout the entire application process, and I do my hair in sections, using my Denman brush to detangle each section after I have applied KT and KCCC as I go along. I let my hair air dry, which takes roughly 5 hours, and after my hair finishes drying it is left with a firm hold, lots of shine, added body (not a lot because the products are meant to naturally enhanced ones existing curl pattern, not drastically change it, also my curls are left with no frizz at all.

In regards to what type of curls I have, I have a naturally loose curl pattern (and no I do not hair type as I do not believe in such, as it is nothing but a guessing game, as their's no true validity behind such), also my hair is fine textured, of low density, naturally very dry, and is of high porosity as well.

I just want to say amen for this whole line. my children are mixed and their hair is very difficult to tame therefore rarely being able to wear their hair down but with this line of product it makes their hair absolutely beautiful and their curls are luxurious. I wish it wasn't so expensive but it's definitely a great product

I love this stuff, I have 2c/3a shoulder length very dry hair. I color with lush hennas maybe 4 times a year if in not feeling lazy. Recently switched to CG friendly products however I have been using this for 2-3 years now. I'm the first to admit I'm a product junkie and this is one of the few bottles that have ever been emptied and repurchased. I love this as a rinse out and a leave in. After a cowash I use a microfiber hair towel to squeeze out a bit of extra water and then run about a quarter size amount between my hands and apply while finger coming. My tangles melt away, my hair stays hydrated and I can use this as my only styler if I want but usually top with 3 drops of jojoba oil for soft frizz free defined Whirly waves. Definitely can't live without this stuff totally worth a try! The only thing I don't enjoy is when the cap gets clogged with product if I forget to shut it however a quick run under some hot tap water cleans it out very easily!

on 10/2/2016 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This really doesn't do anything for my hair - for a detangler it's not enough slip even if I use a ton of it. It might be a good leave-in for someone; for my fine, 3C, low-po hair, it doesn't do much. Leave-ins under gel just make my mane lifeless and limp. Like all KC products, it does smell great, it has no parabens or silicones (not necessarily important for for me), and it's a bit pricey.

on 8/24/2016 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This does not work well for me as a moisturizer. My hair was dry and matted afterward. It is, however, pretty great as a refresher for my twist outs! After a few days my roots begin to straighten out so I apply kinky curly and water to re-moisturize and revive my curls. Works like a charm!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After cutting off my relaxer I was browsing forums trying to figure out how to care for my hair. I heard a lot about this brand. I live in Australia so I order this off of iHerb and really enjoy it.

I wish they sold it in a larger size as even with my chin length hair, its easy to use a lot of this product. Therefore, it's not ideal cost wise, however, you definitely get results!

I have 3A-B hair and I find it encourages clumping of curls, is really great for detangling and I use it as a conditioner in general.

If you have the extra cash and feeling sick of the Vo5 ;) try it out, I recommend the KCCC too

on 2/28/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the only product I've find that detangles my fine, curly hair. I tried so many on the market that I gave up and looked for a DIY recipe. I read that marshmallow root is the best detangler in nature. I didn't want to dig up my neighbor's hibiscus, so I was pleased to see organic marshmallow root as the third ingredient in this product. I use it as a rinse-out detangling conditioner when my hair is really gnarled. It is too heavy to use as a leave-in for me.