Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.4

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 7/24/2016 12:34:00 AM

I love the applicator. It's so easy to get great winged eyeliner with this! It could be a bit darker though.

on 6/8/2016 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this eyeliner in 001 Blackest Black to replace my Jordana Fabuliner, and it is HORRIBLE!!! Normally the revlon colorstay line is dependable (like their pencil eyeliner and foundation are amazing), but this wears off so quickly, and if you touch your eye it will be gone. It is not resistant to any water or oil which may come off your skin. So if you have oily eyelids beware! I was going to take it with me on vacation, but I know I will sweat it off in 0.00001 seconds. The applicator is okay and has a slightly bendy tip which helps create a wing, but the formula makes the whole product a bust :((. If you want something affordable try the one by Jordana. It is slightly cheaper, and it can stay on even if you touch your eye or have sweat or oil (not to mention it is cheaper and has a very similar applicator)

To Read all 419 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/28/2016 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Mine started to dry out and crumble a week after purchase. You also have to keep retracing over the same area before you get any noticeable coverage, even then it isn't that great! Save yourself the money and don't bother with this.

on 3/13/2016 4:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a very poor quality liquid eyeliner. I purchased this in the shade Blackened Brown and upon application this barely shows up as a line; the colour is more of a warm brown/bronze and it is extremely light and not pigmented. The whole point of liquid eyeliner is to give the upper lash line a polished and defined look and make the lashes appear fuller and longer - this doesn't do that at all. I'll be returning it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I wanna give this a 3.5 but I can't. It's not the worst, but it's not the best. I like the pen aspect. The first time I used it I was sorely disappointed, it never got truly black and it took about 10 coats to get it to show up at all. But after storing it upside down it worked much better. I got this on sale at Ulta for 50% off, I think I would have been more upset if I had paid full price for it, but for what I paid it does what I need it to do. It is definitely NOT waterproof. It is the exact opposite of waterproof, in fact. I would repurchase again if it was on sale, but would not pay full price for it.

on 12/12/2015 12:36:00 AM

Worst liner I have ever tried. I bought a dark brown and it wouldn't even go onto my eye... After 10 coats in had finally showed up.

on 10/13/2015 4:49:00 PM

This is an ok product, not my holy grail but not the worst. I have mine in black and its def not the deepest black, but black enough that I don't notice it looking any different next to my mascara. Its pretty inexpensive, I think I paid $8 for mine. I doubt I would buy it again, because there are cheaper better liquid eyeliners out there.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

It could be that the different colors in this product have different formulas, but I am deeply disappointed in this liner in 003, Blackened Brown. I would call this coppery brown! I am definitely cool toned, and although the felt tip is a nice idea, this color clashes terribly with my (black/brown) mascara, and I feel like it makes me look as though my eyelids are red.

Normally I've really been happy with a lot of Revlon's cosmetics. I'm a newbie with eyeliner (I know, I'm a very late bloomer where that's concerned!) but I wish now, that I'd chosen the black option. I may exchange it. I also bought a charcoal gel liner (Maybelline) to try, and that plays more nicely with my complexion and eyes. I may just stick with the Maybelline.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really don't like this liner. The colour payoff is poor, I have to do multiple swipes to build it up to being fully opaque. However, if you do this before it's dry, the colour rubs off. It does last all day, but the amount of effort it takes to apply this isn't worth it.

I'm not sure why this liner has such bad reviews. I've been using this liner for years now and I love it! My entire makeup routine consists of MAC makeup except for this liner because it is cheap and works great!