2.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

I liked the tip/applicator. Like a felt marker but shaped like a little ball on the tip but this migrated quickly.

About reviewer (980 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

10 months ago

I don't normally buy drugstore eyeliner pens because in my experience most of them dry up so fast it isn't worth the money. This one is no exception unfortunately. It isn't exactly cheap at $9 considering I can get mini sizes from multiple midrange priced brands for just a bit more. At least those usually don't dry up in a week. So I purchased this on impulse when I was just checking out the makeup at Walmart. The slant tip one caught my eye because I've never had one shaped like that and I thought it would make wings easier, it does do that at least. The first time I used it I would have given it a 4 star review. Only 4 because it bleeds a little into the corner of my eye and I have to touch up with concealer, even when I was super careful not to take it too close to the inner corner. That was disappointing but a problem I have often with liquid liners, so I could have forgiven it. I used it the next day and it was starting to skip already. I warmed it up a bit by keeping it cap side down in my bra while I finished the rest of my makeup lol and it worked again...but I had a feeling it was getting ready to give up and die on me. I was right, I got 2 more uses out of it and the second time I had to go back over it with gel. Save yourself a little money in the long run and just buy a better liner.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

10 months ago

Normally I do not use eyeliner pens (I prefer a brush), so this one took some getting used to. I have the ballpoint version, so the thing I struggle with the most is getting a fine point on my wings. This might work best for someone who prefers to just do a simple line on their top lid rather than a large wing. Another issue I have with this product is that I have to layer it on to get the dark finish that I prefer, so it takes me longer to apply than a brush would. The formula seems thinner than most liquid eyeliners, so going over your stokes again is a must. Because of this, I have noticed that it smudges very easily. On days that I want thicker wings, the eyeliner will end up creasing on my eyelid and wearing away at the very corner of my eyes. It only really lasts when I decide not to do wings and I keep the line very thin. Lastly, and most importantly, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THIS EYELINER ON TOP OF EYESHADOW. That should be a general rule of thumb for eyeliner pens, but applying this over top of eyeshadow will result in the pen drying out. Although those things might deter me from using most eyeliners, I will say that the formula is very kind to my sensitive skin. Recently I have found that my eyelids will burn with some eyeliners that I have tried, but this one has never done that to me. It has never made my eyes feel irritated, and I feel comfortable wearing this all day. I would recommend this to people with sensitive skin and those who prefer more simple eyeliner designs opposed to wings.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I bought this in 01 Blackest Black. I honestly hate it. It looked highly pigmented and easy to use when in the store. Using it on your eyes is a different thing altogether. The pen tip is quite thick so you can't really get the sharpest winged eyeliner. The pigment doesn't look good. Even if you keep applying on the same area, it doesn't make much of a difference. It really doesn't stay at all. Try crying or walking under the rain for 0.02 seconds. Funny is that my eyeliner came off even when I was trying to apply my setting spray.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2 years ago

This happened. I'm not too excited that it did. Got it on sale at CVS and when swatching I got so mad because I sh!t you not NOTHING came off the brush except straight up water with a tinge. After shaking it some pigment began to appear but I still wasn't going bananas over the thing. Runny and not smudgeproof. Disappointing in general and not worth your money, I recommend the Essence superfines.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

4 years ago

I love the applicator. It's so easy to get great winged eyeliner with this! It could be a bit darker though. The pen also tends to dry out while I'm still using it.

About reviewer (175 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I bought this eyeliner in 001 Blackest Black to replace my Jordana Fabuliner, and it is HORRIBLE!!! Normally the revlon colorstay line is dependable (like their pencil eyeliner and foundation are amazing), but this wears off so quickly, and if you touch your eye it will be gone. It is not resistant to any water or oil which may come off your skin. So if you have oily eyelids beware! I was going to take it with me on vacation, but I know I will sweat it off in 0.00001 seconds. The applicator is okay and has a slightly bendy tip which helps create a wing, but the formula makes the whole product a bust :((. If you want something affordable try the one by Jordana. It is slightly cheaper, and it can stay on even if you touch your eye or have sweat or oil (not to mention it is cheaper and has a very similar applicator)

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBrown

4 years ago

Mine started to dry out and crumble a week after purchase. You also have to keep retracing over the same area before you get any noticeable coverage, even then it isn't that great! Save yourself the money and don't bother with this.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

4 years ago

This is a very poor quality liquid eyeliner. I purchased this in the shade Blackened Brown and upon application this barely shows up as a line; the colour is more of a warm brown/bronze and it is extremely light and not pigmented. The whole point of liquid eyeliner is to give the upper lash line a polished and defined look and make the lashes appear fuller and longer - this doesn't do that at all. I'll be returning it.

About reviewer (358 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Fine

4 years ago

I wanna give this a 3.5 but I can't. It's not the worst, but it's not the best. I like the pen aspect. The first time I used it I was sorely disappointed, it never got truly black and it took about 10 coats to get it to show up at all. But after storing it upside down it worked much better. I got this on sale at Ulta for 50% off, I think I would have been more upset if I had paid full price for it, but for what I paid it does what I need it to do. It is definitely NOT waterproof. It is the exact opposite of waterproof, in fact. I would repurchase again if it was on sale, but would not pay full price for it.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age30-35