Bobbi Brown Ivory 51

No Image

3.3

on 1/27/2017 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this as my base layer on top of my eye primer. I'm NC 20 Mac (i.e. warm/neutral, fair).

It's a matte ivory shade. For my skin tone it's a decent shade match, (but it is slightly lighter than my skin).

It is powdery, with some product kickup. The pigmentation is light (i.e. very sheer) so it doesn't cover up my veins on my eyelids. With this amount of coverage, it is frankly the same as applying a translucent powder.

It is not worth $42AUD and I won't repurchase.

on 12/30/2016 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wanted to buy this a couple of years ago, but the Bobbi Brown SA told me it would be too white and convinced me to purchase Bone instead. Bone was too dark and yellow for me, and I knew I should've gone with Ivory. Ivory is a better match from my complexion. My only complaint is that it's too sheer, and I was hoping it would be more pigmented. It seems to disappear by the end of the day. I think I'll go through this quickly. Too expensive for very little color pay off.

on 10/22/2012 4:52:00 AM

I have this as part of the day & night shadow options palette. I also have Bone, which is my go-to base shade. Ivory is somewhat lighter than bone, but not bright white. However my main gripe with Bone is the lack of pigment - and this shade has if possible even less! It's almost like applying pale-coloured face powder, that's how transparent this is. I don't understand how people can say it "evens out" their lid colour. I have to apply it over primer to even get it to show up at all on my fair skin (Chanel ML 20/clair) With more pigment it would be a great neutral matte highlighting or base shade; as it is now it is just Incredibly Disappointing. Texture as usual is fine and silky.

on 11/14/2012 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i bought this shadow on the recommendation of the MA to wear with Cement and Mahogany. this is the standard, daytime, Bobbi look for hazel eyes. This shadow simply does not show up on me! I have light skin and found that no matter how much I put on, it was as though I wasn't wearing anything. Save your money- buy a dupe form the NYX Matte line.

on 1/24/2012 3:30:00 AM

Excellent shadow to be used as a base (it blends seemlessly with my fair skin) or just to even out my lids when I do not wear any other shadow. Will definitely buy again!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Bought Ivory as part of the Cool Eye Palette. The palette is comprised of: Ivory, Pink Quartz Metallic, Marble Metallic, Stormy Grey, Almond and Smoked shadows and a double ended brush (see later reviews for the other shadows).

I'd love to like this shadow. The palette was (I thought) a terrific bargain. The shadow colors are terrific in the pans. Ivory is a light but not stark base color for any eye shadow look. However, as another reviewer observed, it's positively undetectable on some skin, mine included. I thought this might be the fault of the included brush, however, I have also used a MUAC shadow brush now, as well as my fingers. It's difficult or impossible to see much difference between my eyelid with or without this shadow.

It also seems to me, writing this review in mid Winter, that this and possibly the rest of the palette are very, very dry shadow formulas. What I mean by that is that my lids feel dry and even a bit itchy when I wear these shadows. I tried a face primer on my eyelids with them, thinking it would help make the shadows more intense. I don't usually use primers so I thought the itch might be from the primer. However, the discomfort is still a problem, on freshly cleansed, moisturized skin. It isn't terrible, there's no redness of the skin and it doesn't worsen, nor do my lids swell. The rest of the palette applied over the Ivory looks rather nice -- although quite a subdued eye look.

The packaging is very attractive and feels substantial. The case is tortoiseshell-look acrylic, with a mirror the full length of the palette lid. I am not a big fan of double-ended brushes, but the brush may work for other shadows but I'm opting to use brushes from my collection instead.

I think that perhaps if you have eyelids that tend very oily, you may find this shadow works really well.

Firstly I am not a massive eye shadow wearer (its liner all the way for me) however, I do occasionally wear eye shadow and this is a great base, more than that this is a brilliant eye brightener for me it brightens my eyes like nothing else and a great highlighter for the brow bone too. This colour came in a few palettes I have so won't need to purchase for aons!

on 9/28/2011 7:38:00 PM

I like bobbi brown eyeshadows, so I tried this on a whim. The color is nice but I also like bone. THis is a bit brighter than bone. I would probably purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After searching high and low...literally, this is the best eye base/brightner i have found. It evens out my lid discoloration and helps my eye shadows to last and blend. Also works as a nice matte under brow, inner corner highlight.

on 5/26/2010 12:00:00 PM

this is s brow hightlight color for me. Its fine, okay/nothing special. I like it better than bone for sure. I have two of these (b/c of a shipping mistake) and I doubt I'd ever need to replace.