Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5, Green 5, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 10/18/2017 12:54:00 AM

Do not use this if you have sensitive skin.
I have dry, sensitive skin, and this product destroyed my skin.
I started to get hormonal acne and my doctor recommended this since it worked for her daughter who was approximately my age.
When I first started using it, my skin began to break out. I stuck with it assuming that my initial break outs were just purging. However, as time went on my break outs got even worse. I started getting a few cystic pimples, and a crazy amount of small little bumps (clogged pores?) that I had never experienced before. I also was breaking out in new places like all over my forehead. I finally stopped after 3 weeks of using it morning and night, and my skin took months and months to recover from the damage. This was 4 months ago and I still small little bumps on a regular basis (not as much though).

Also my roommate tried this when she was in high school and she said that It gave her skin a burning sensation and turned it red.
I would NOT recommend at all to anyone with relatively sensitive skin. The product contains 2% salicylic acid which I think is pretty high and can dry out and irritate the skin.

I would recommend this probably if you had oily skin, I've heard that it works really well for clearing up people's acne, but sensitive skin or dry I would save your money and avoid this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser I use the version with the exfoliating beads. You need a very small amount - the size of a pea - mix with water and then apply to your face. Keeps my face clear and smooth.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Did not help with blemishes and did not clean my skin well.
Over time my skin looked and felt dirty and dull.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've used so many neutrogena face washes and this is my favorite. I bought it in the spring, stopped using it, and found it under my sink 4 weeks ago and used it again, I'm glad I did! Helps prevent zits better than reducing size or redness or ones I already have but smells nice and doesn't dry out my skin

on 12/23/2015 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It keeps my skin clear but it burns so bad. It makes my skin like burn and sting

I love the fresh, clean feeling this gives my face! Because I am on accutane (my skin is drier but with some cysts now), I have been using this for about two weeks but not consistently, so the results aren't clear. Now, I started using it + the toner 3 times a week and the other 4, a foam soap. Let's see what it brings! You should buy it mainly for summer because it's super creamy and moisturizinh but your face feels fresh! And you need a super small amount to make it work!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Whilst I don't have acne or lots of pimples, I do have problems with clearing blocked pores on my t-zone. I've tried lots of other products that just seems to either do nothing or aggrevate my skin. I've actually been using this product as a light face mask lately and whilst it tingles a little bit, it doesn't leave my skin red or stressed. Keep in mind my skin is not super sensitive. I especially like this in warmer weather and around that time o' the month. I use this as I would a regular face mask, a thin layer on the t-zone for 10=15 minutes or as long as I can stand it. My skin looks much clearer and pores are dramatically reduced. Liking it so far!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I had this face wash, still got a lot left but I can't finish it. I want this face wash to clean my face after makeup remover, decrease acne and clogged pores. It didn't happen. It left a creamy residue, so I used loads of water to get rid of the slippery feeling and it just didn't feel clean. My pores were still clogged with whiteheads and blackheads. I've used it as a mask as well. It didn't work. Maybe it's just that my skin doesn't respond to salicylic acid I'm not sure.
But since I changed cleanser to a foam cleanser from another brand (no salicylic acid or BP in the ingredients), my face feels clean, my pores appear smaller, doesn't get much acne anymore except when I'm stressed or during period.

on 2/8/2015 6:07:00 PM

BACKGROUND: In middle school they had this really concerned psychologist lady come in and sympathize with our pre teen troubles and stresses at an assembly. And then the talk ended in 'Here's some sample face wash some at least you won't have acne while you stress!' Soo ridiculous, and they gave us these tiny little swear to god thumb sized bottles of it. REVIEW: It didn't actually do anything at all for me. At first it smelt like cucumbers, but it transitioned to a really clinical smell. not worth it, whatever it costs. Also, boo on Neutrogena for mass marketing to kids in such a ridiculous way

on 4/28/2015 4:40:00 PM

I really like this facewash, My skin is pretty clear right now but I mainly use it as a way to prevent acne. It smells like cucumbers and it is a great scent but some might find it a bit strong. It produces a cold and tingling sensation on your face but it is more refreshing than anything else. Overall, a good mild acne cleanser!