Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5, Green 5, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser I use the version with the exfoliating beads. You need a very small amount - the size of a pea - mix with water and then apply to your face. Keeps my face clear and smooth.

I love the fresh, clean feeling this gives my face! Because I am on accutane (my skin is drier but with some cysts now), I have been using this for about two weeks but not consistently, so the results aren't clear. Now, I started using it + the toner 3 times a week and the other 4, a foam soap. Let's see what it brings! You should buy it mainly for summer because it's super creamy and moisturizinh but your face feels fresh! And you need a super small amount to make it work!

To Read all 214 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Did not help with blemishes and did not clean my skin well.
Over time my skin looked and felt dirty and dull.

on 12/23/2015 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It keeps my skin clear but it burns so bad. It makes my skin like burn and sting

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've used so many neutrogena face washes and this is my favorite. I bought it in the spring, stopped using it, and found it under my sink 4 weeks ago and used it again, I'm glad I did! Helps prevent zits better than reducing size or redness or ones I already have but smells nice and doesn't dry out my skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I had this face wash, still got a lot left but I can't finish it. I want this face wash to clean my face after makeup remover, decrease acne and clogged pores. It didn't happen. It left a creamy residue, so I used loads of water to get rid of the slippery feeling and it just didn't feel clean. My pores were still clogged with whiteheads and blackheads. I've used it as a mask as well. It didn't work. Maybe it's just that my skin doesn't respond to salicylic acidů I'm not sure.
But since I changed cleanser to a foam cleanser from another brand (no salicylic acid or BP in the ingredients), my face feels clean, my pores appear smaller, doesn't get much acne anymore except when I'm stressed or during period.

on 4/28/2015 4:40:00 PM

I really like this facewash, My skin is pretty clear right now but I mainly use it as a way to prevent acne. It smells like cucumbers and it is a great scent but some might find it a bit strong. It produces a cold and tingling sensation on your face but it is more refreshing than anything else. Overall, a good mild acne cleanser!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Whilst I don't have acne or lots of pimples, I do have problems with clearing blocked pores on my t-zone. I've tried lots of other products that just seems to either do nothing or aggrevate my skin. I've actually been using this product as a light face mask lately and whilst it tingles a little bit, it doesn't leave my skin red or stressed. Keep in mind my skin is not super sensitive. I especially like this in warmer weather and around that time o' the month. I use this as I would a regular face mask, a thin layer on the t-zone for 10=15 minutes or as long as I can stand it. My skin looks much clearer and pores are dramatically reduced. Liking it so far!

on 2/8/2015 6:07:00 PM

BACKGROUND: In middle school they had this really concerned psychologist lady come in and sympathize with our pre teen troubles and stresses at an assembly. And then the talk ended in 'Here's some sample face wash some at least you won't have acne while you stress!' Soo ridiculous, and they gave us these tiny little swear to god thumb sized bottles of it. REVIEW: It didn't actually do anything at all for me. At first it smelt like cucumbers, but it transitioned to a really clinical smell. not worth it, whatever it costs. Also, boo on Neutrogena for mass marketing to kids in such a ridiculous way

on 2/8/2015 4:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been using this product for just under two months now. I'd broken out fairly badly with hormonal acne after going off bc pill and was desperate to get it under control. Being in my mid 40s and dealing with acne is not a happy situation! I started off using this once a day at night and then worked up to twice a day. My skin is fairly sensitive so wanted to make sure I didn't dry it out. I put it on damp skin, massage it around, leave on for up to 5 minutes to really let it work and then wipe off with cool water. Sometimes my face is red for leaving it on a bit too long but that goes away. I follow up with Clinique DDM+ lotion and my face is super soft and not dry. It's so good that I probably could switch to DDM gel and get away with it. My face went from really broken out in the cheeks and jawline area to one or two breakouts that are easy to cover with makeup. I'm back to a point where I can get away with just a bit of concealer on the weekends to cover the few red blemishes (have really fair skin so blemishes stand out). So happy to have found this cream wash and I will be purchasing again. I do use a Neutrogena spot gel on the blemishes that I do have and that seems to take care of them. I'm basically back to having the skin that I had while still on bc pill.
If you've sensitive skin then you may only be able to use a couple of times a week until your skin builds up a tolerance for it.