Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eye Shadow in Stone

4.6

After much deliberation and too much time browsing swatches, I purchased 'Stone', sight unseen.

Cons:
I'm NC 41 or Bobbi Brown 'Natural Tan'. I was torn between Malted, Shore and Cement. However, I saw a swatch that where 'Stone' appeared pinky beige. I chose Stone as I thought it to be darker than 'Cement'. I did not want to risk the concealer eye-lids by choosing 'shore' or 'malted' and I thought stone was dark enough to be my lids but better color. But this color disappears in my lids and the pigmentation is very sheer. So, if you are NC35 or darker or if you have pigmented lids, do not try to shade looking for a brightening effect or to even out pigmentation on lids or for a light base (like the way people use painterly, soft ochre). I bought this shade for such use but I cannot get it to work like that. My only issue with this product is the choice of color for my skin tone. On my arm this color applies as a slightly pinky-beige with a little brown thrown in too. If you are my skin tone but do not have pigmented lids, you could still use this. Hard to describe this color, but this swatch in the Internet is perfect: http://thebestbydianne.blogspot.sg/2013/05/bobbi-brown-longwear-cream-shadows-in.html?m=1

Pros:
- I love the texture of the product. It feels like you are wearing nothing on your lids - no tacky, tight/rigid lids feeling that you get when some cream shadows dry down.
- No creasing even when layered with powder shadows.
- Even though it does not stand out against my lid or brighten my lid (as this color is close to the pigmentation on my skin), it gives a slight wash of color and my lid-texture appears slightly velvety. I am a light make up wearer who prefers subtle colors and for someone with my kind of preferences and a lighter skin tone (say NC 25- NC30), this product may work well to provide a good wash of color.
- It is a good base for lighter powder shadows. Some lighter shadows turn ashy on my lids (LM guava and primrose from the LM Artist palette. I've never worn them alone on lids). I layered these shadows on top of stone and they looked beautiful and true to pan pigmentation.

I don't find the packaging a big turn-off although for many reviewers it seems to be. So, you may want to consider that if it is important for you. I'm not a brush person and I prefer to use fingers for cream shadows to even them out. The opening is not as wide as paint pots but you can work around it. If you find a color that works for you, this product could be wonderful.

Wow this eyeshadow is AMAZING! I am a gardener so I spend most of the day in hot sun, rain or wind. Eyeshadows usually last about 5 minutes on me but this one stays on all day, no creases, no sliding... nice neutral colours for work which are very natural. This seriously is the best longwear eyeshadow around.

Negatives: waaaay to expensive as the little teeny tiny pot doesn't last long. The pot is so teeny tiny it's hard to get an eyeshadow brush in there to get the product. And please Bobbi Brown, can we have some more colour selections?

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Stone is a versatile neutral shade that works well with a wide range of skin tones. It is a medium depth taupe - more brown than grey - with a slight hint of rosy mauve. For that reason, although it is a matte shade with no shimmer, Stone is neither flat nor boring. Like all the matte Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadows I have tried so far this shadow applies like a dream and stays put well with minimal creasing. And I don't even use a primer with these, whereas I usually need to prime my eye lids before applying powder eye shadows. I have light skin with cool undertones (NW15 for reference) and grey-green eyes. Although it is a neutral shadow, Stone intensifies my eye color, and it is a great shade on its own for a low key weekend look or it can be a great base for a smokey eye by adding a dark liner and crease shade. For my coloring Stone is a winner that I have already repurchased, but I found that Stone also looks very pretty on warmer skin tones. The Longwear Cream Shadows come in nice little glass jars, pretty to look at but a bit clunky for travel. The packaging is also not very practical if you prefer to apply these shadows with fingertips as over half of the product is in the bottom half of the jar, it is simply hard to get to the closer you get to the bottom. Retail is $25 per jar, the amount of product provided lasts me a few months. A little goes a long way with these, and I make sure that I close the lid tightly after each application. Unlike with the Gel Eyeliners, I have not had any of my cream shadows dry out before I could finish them. I will keep using and rebuying Stone as long as they make it.

This was my first BB cream shadow and I absolutely love it. On my skin it is a beige/grey/slightly pink color that I like to blend into my crease (it blends beautifully). It is neither greasy nor dry and has a lovely smooth texture. It is long wearing, as well I can use this without a primer even though I have oily lids. I would like to try other colors in this line.

The formulation of BB's cream shadows are nice and longwearing, I just felt they were a bit sheer for my liking. The color stone is a warm, matte brown shade that can easily be worn on a daily basis, alone or under other powdered shadows.

I hate the tiny glass jar this comes in. If you use your finger to apply cream e/s, it will barely fit (and I have tiny hands). You sort of have to rotate the jar around your finger for it to work. I ended up using a small brush instead because as soon as you start making a dent in this, it gets very awkward to use with your fingers.

I would not repurchase this because although it was nice, it wasn't great. I adore Maybelline CTs 100x more than this shadow and feel the quality/formulation is same if not better.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

This is a wonderful color. I'm an NC40 and this is a great crease color paired with BB's cream shadow in Shore on the lid. It's also a great lid color when you want to look polished but not "done up". Either way, it's a staple product for the classic neutral eye. I would recommend and also I'd repurchase.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Love the color - great for every day and I'm sticking to cream shadow due to the aging process. I use a brush to apply this and blend with my fingers - really not a good idea to dip your finger in any cream based cosmetic product

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My every day eyeshadow. Just a little product gives just the right amount of subtle polish and shading. Easy to apply with fingers or brush. I prefer to use MAC 217 for this product more than Bobbi's cream shadow brush.

This is a brown matte cream shadow with a rosy-color undertone. I originally gave this 5 lippies, changed it to 2 lippies, now I'm changing it back to 5 lippies. I thought this was creasing on me, but it turns out that you have to put on a light coat for it not to crease. If I do one light coat, wait awhile, then put another light coat over it, it won't crease. I feel like the idea of matte cream shadow is genius. These cream shadows seem to hold the color of whatever powder shadows I apply over them better than a regular primer. There is .12 oz of product in this compared to .17 oz in a MAC paint pot.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good base colour because it doesn't interfere with other colours, therefore it is neutral. It takes on plums, blues and greys as accents in the crease or as liners. It has incredible staying power. So if you have a wardrobe of shadows this would be a good addition to lining up your other colours. If you don't this is ok on its own as a neutral. It isn't the same shade however as the stone powder eye shadow.