MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

I've been using this product for a while now and I have formed a love hate relationship with it.

PROS
Long wearing
Full coverage
The product itself has lasted me several months and I haven't hit pan yet.

CONS
It creases terribly - if you have dry under eyes like I do (I have eczema) it will cause them to appear drier than they already are.
Cakey looking/ drying if it's on your face for long periods of time.
Packaging is a bit flimsy - The plastic transparent circle keeps popping out.

If you do have dry skin, it's best to use this without setting powder as it will make you look incredibly dry. The coverage is great and so is the wear so I will admit that I don't mind using the product. Using a hydrating setting spray after application helps with the dryness. I feel that those who don't have dry skin will appreciate this product more.

on 11/5/2016 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

amazing for acne scars! it stays on all day despite my oily skin and the hot weather. it doesn't transfer or fade away either. I'd use my finger to apply and blend it in, and I'd be good to go. super small and compact so it's great to take with you on the go or for traveling.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have this concealer in NW45, NW40 and NC35! Love all of them and for different reasons.

I use my NW45 to conceal my hyperpigmentation and this works like a dream under my foundation, which is also by MAC in the same colour code!

The other 2 I use for highlighting. They do not look ashy and seem to blend without too much hassle. I also really like the creamy consistency and how the product glides on my skin. These concealers haven't broken me out as yet but I will wait as I have only just recently started using these again after a long break trying out other products.

Packaging - hate it! Only reason this doesn't have 5 lipsticks! The little round thingy this comes in makes it difficult to scoop out product and would need to use fingers which I find unhygienic and just eww. The clear plastic casing on the lid constantly comes off too which is annoying and can dry out the product.

The product also dries out in its packaging. Not cool but can live with. Product also cakes if not set with a powder so this is something to look out for. I use the ELF corrective yellow or my MakeUp Academy translucent powder.

I haven't travelled with my concealers as yet but they seem portable enough to travel well.

Conclusion: I would definitely repurchase. This is just under £16 in the UK and the quality is great and product lasts for ages. I have had my concealers for maybe a year now and none of them are near finishing! I recommend this concealer 100%

on 6/10/2015 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love this stuff! This IS my foundation ! Covers my hyper pigmentation like a dream! I wear NW 50 & set it with deep dark mineralize skin finish! Amazing

on 5/5/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

So I first used MAC Studio Finish Concealer in 2007-2008. At the time my color was NC50 or so I thought. NC50 seems to be the color every Chocolate Woman wears from MAC. Anyway .. I didn't like the yellowish undertone it gave my skin. It was Too yellow & at the time it left me looking very oily after a few hours .. Now today is a different story. I've found the perfect color match for my complexion ( NW40 Under eye & highlight, NW45 color correction for blemishes & discoloration due to its orange/pinkish undertone & NW50 for skin color match ). Amazing results when all three shades are blended with a damp Beauty Blender & set wit MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural ( Deepest Dark ). My Makeup lasts all day, it does not oxidize to a darker shade or leaves me looking grayish or ashy. It's gives AMAZING results when you find the right color match & application technique. Now I will say it may come off a bit yellowish in pictures due to the SPF, but it depends on the lighting as well. But overall I haven't had any major issues when it came to taking selfies lol .. When my skin gets oily an Oil Absorbing Blotting sheet ( preferably E.L.F ) gets the job done. No need for touch ups unless it's truly a hot day. And living in Fl it's always hot but my makeup never melts :-D

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Holy grail concealer! it covers great. I like the consistency but it does melt a bit in hot temperatures. It is worth the money because I've had it for over six months and I use it everyday and it doesn't even look like there's much of a dent in it.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I think one of the main reasons people do not like this product is because they are using it incorrectly. When used correctly, or in conjunction with products that make it stay in place...this is a one of a kind, high-end concealer. I love the look, I think you get an amazing amount, I love the packaging, I love the amount of shades MAC provides you with.

This concealer was meant to be used on the skin, to cover blemishes and dark marks. It is a creamy concealer and is very moldable...which means...it will move until it is SET not to MOVE. I think a lot of women have issues because this product is not being set correctly. I use this product as a face concealer for blemishes, to shape my brows, and as an under eye concealer. In every case, this concealer MUST BE SET WITH A TRANSLUCENT NON-TRANSFERABLE POWDER. MAC has one, it is white, the brand that I use is the Dermablend Translucent Powder. This powder sets the product to a matte finish, and keeps creams from transferring and moving around on your face for a very long time. A normal face powder will not guarantee that this will not move.

I love this concealer...I have been using various other concealers bc I have them laying around and I want to try them out...but this is tried and true for me...it blends into the skin well and can last a long time if set correctly. When I am going for a no makeup look, and do not want to use foundation, I put this under my eyes, around my brows, and on any blemishes...set with my Dermablend powder, and I look well rested and with perfect skin...Thank you MAC for another amazing product!

on 9/28/2013 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

My HOLY GRAIL concealer. Perfect for my skin type. Love the creaminess. It's very easy to work with.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

It's been forever since I've used this particular concealer to cover blemishes, so I can't vouch for how effective it is in that area, and in the past I've used it for my under eye circles and can recall it caking up on me, so I switched to something else, BUT if you're looking for a concealer to help create a clean, more polished look around your eyebrows, this does the job. I'm not a fan of women using concealer that is too light to clean up their brows, so with this concealer being my exact shade, it creates a more unified look.

on 6/7/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

i've been on the hunt for a good undereye concealer. i initially bought the pro longwear concealer..which faded, creased, and made my eyes watery. so i returned it and got this one. i like this one better.however, i did have a couple of the same issues.. but to a lesser degree. had some slight fading and creasing but this one does not irritate my eyes. i have dry undereyes and this concealer is much more moisturizing. will continue using this.