MAC Studio Finish Concealer

4.1

on 5/5/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

So I first used MAC Studio Finish Concealer in 2007-2008. At the time my color was NC50 or so I thought. NC50 seems to be the color every Chocolate Woman wears from MAC. Anyway .. I didn't like the yellowish undertone it gave my skin. It was Too yellow & at the time it left me looking very oily after a few hours .. Now today is a different story. I've found the perfect color match for my complexion ( NW40 Under eye & highlight, NW45 color correction for blemishes & discoloration due to its orange/pinkish undertone & NW50 for skin color match ). Amazing results when all three shades are blended with a damp Beauty Blender & set wit MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural ( Deepest Dark ). My Makeup lasts all day, it does not oxidize to a darker shade or leaves me looking grayish or ashy. It's gives AMAZING results when you find the right color match & application technique. Now I will say it may come off a bit yellowish in pictures due to the SPF, but it depends on the lighting as well. But overall I haven't had any major issues when it came to taking selfies lol .. When my skin gets oily an Oil Absorbing Blotting sheet ( preferably E.L.F ) gets the job done. No need for touch ups unless it's truly a hot day. And living in Fl it's always hot but my makeup never melts :-D

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have many dark hyper pigmentation spots from acne scars all over my face and this is the only concealer that can cover them perfectly. Better than the makeup forever full cover concealer, better than any other high coverage concealer that I've tried. Seriously.

I have it in NC30 and it is a perfect match for my skin. I apply it with a very small pinpoint brush and then gently blend it out with my finger. Poof, the scar is gone! It stays all day and never fades - my friends don't believe I have any blemishes with this on.

the spf 35 is also a big plus for me as it prevents those marks from getting any darker. The packaging is so cute and small as well, I can travel with it easily. I have gone through 4 pots of this!!

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I love love LOVE this concealer. Totally worth the money. Will definitely repurchase. Some reviews say they find it cakes up or settles into fine lines. I dont have that at all. I use a little bit and just apply it with my fingers because I like how it looks. I use this for undereyes ( never creased before - ITS SO GREAT! ) and on blemishes. This stuff covers pretty much anything. If its not completely 100% covering, just add some powder and you're good to go.

I dont wear foundation daily, just concealer and powder and the coverage is good enough to not need anything more- for me at least.
If you're wondering whether or not to buy it, BUY IT! You wont regret it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Love this stuff. Wears well under the eyes - only a small amount needed. Covers spots better than anything else I've tried, though it does need to be set with powder. It's also the only thing I've found which covers hyperpigmentation well.

I've tried and disliked-
Dermablend: turns greasy and gives me whiteheads
Laura Mercier: breaks me out, slides or separates (and yes, I have been shown how to use it!)
Bourgois healthy mix concealer: breaks me out and turns orange
Rimmel, Covergirl, Maybelline, Revlon, Collection 2000, Max Facctor all oxidise a pretty orange colour.

Other good ones are Lancome Anti cernes and, Clinique airbrush.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this concealer a few months back when I was just starting out in buying Mac Products. This is the first concealer that I bought from them.

Packaging: Small and simple packaging. Can carry around everywhere you go to because it is small.

Product: Contains 7g of product. I have sensitive and oily skin. This product does not break me out so that is a plus! This covers like a dream. Covers my dark spots and hyper pigmentation on my skin. It is very opaque and can cover a tattoo.

What I dislike about it: However, since it is a cream, it kind of slides around my skin after 4 hours since I have oily skin even though I set it with Mac's Studio Fix powder after application. I blot off the oil on my face using the Kleenex blotting paper (purple packaging) when I feel myself getting oily and then use my Mac Blot powder to top it off. When I use Mac's blot powder, areas that I had my concealer on (mainly chin and forehead) looks cakey! I hate a cakey face and the strong sun in Singapore just emphasizes it further! >.< Hence, minus one lippie. I find that this does not last long. I have school for 8 hours and I stay in an air conditioned room. The concealer is still unable to keep up with that even though I do not sweat :(

Price: I purchased this for SGD$35 and I feel that it is expensive looking at how the product performs on me. Minus one lippie.

I will still use this concealer this I finish it because I do not want to waste my money on it. However, I will not repurchase because I feel that this does not stick onto my skin. I would recommend this for normal to dry skin. Combination skin could also use this but you need to keep a look out every hour!

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I initially purchased this product because i watched a youtube video saying how my mac pro longwear is a medium coverage concealer while this is a full coverage concealer. At that moment, i thought my pro longwear already gives so much concealer. I wanted to try this so badly because i suffer from dark spots, hyper pigmentation and redness. I went mac and picked this up right away, in shade nc20.
I tested this product out for 2 weeks straight and i have to admit that i like my pro longwear much better.

First of all, it's not easy to blend for me, even with a warm finger that i have stuck in my mouth (without contacting my mouth) for couple seconds. it's very heavy and very easy to get cakey. However, it does give a full coverage and covers my extreme redness perfectly.
The sad part is, it does not stay on my oily skin long enough to even survive a school day, with the use of primer and powder over it. sigh, i really wanted to like this product.

Second of all, using this under my eyes was a disaster. people thought i had skin cancer when i put this on, because the concealer was sliding off my lower eyes....

It also emphasizes driness.

I tried many ways to apply this product, with a brush, with a sponge, with fingers, it just didnt do what i was expecting it to do.

i will keeping using this product when i get really bad pigmentation. but normally, i will just layer up my pro longwear.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I really like this concealer because it covers my under eye dark circles. I gave it a 4 because it doesn't stay all day or atleast 12 hours. I haven't tried it with a full face of foundation for 12 hour wear. I always use it with loose powder. But it gives a fresh, dewy, flawless look. And it still feel light weight. Loving this and I recommend this concealer.

on 4/7/2013 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I love this concealer and even with my dryness prone skin this doesn't accentuate any dryness as long as I moisturize beforehand. It covers amazingly well doesn't cake up even by the end of the day. After about 8 or 9 hours it does start to fade but it's time to take it off by then anyway so no big deal there. It's very creamy and it only takes a very light swipe to get light to medium coverage. It's buildable too and the color matches perfectly. Great product and lots of it for the price too, I've had the same pot for going on two years.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have very dark under eye circles (hereditary). Since there is no fix for this, my only option is to find a good coverage concealer.
MAC Studio Finish is... okay. I don't have great things to say about it. I warm it up between my fingers and dab it under the eye area. Next and take a fluffy eye shadow brush and blend until it looks as natural and creaseless as possible. Looks decent but not for long. Even then I feel like it's too thick and cakey.
The color match is very good, though. I'm starting to think I need a corrector first but honestly I don't know how on earth I'd apply this concealer after. If you have fine lines I wouldn't say this is for you. It sits terribly after a while.
Still searching for the perfect concealer...

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This concealer has worked well on me so far. I have deepset eyes and have dark circles that is brownish purple in color. Really bad. And I have this in NC30 and NC20. My shade with the foundations is NC25. It's just weird that this concealer doesn't have it in that shade? Anyway, I apply Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach first and pat this in top and it totally covers and brightens my undereyes. My dark circles are my biggest insecurity on my face so I have really tried A LOT of concealers from drugstore to high end... Have a whole drawer of them but I grab for this one with the Bb corrector the most. I use the nc30 for a more natural look and the nc20 for a more made up look. Lasts on me very well cause I used it while I was in labor for 28Hours! Still wanted to look decent amidst the torture. ;)