MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have this concealer in NW45, NW40 and NC35! Love all of them and for different reasons.

I use my NW45 to conceal my hyperpigmentation and this works like a dream under my foundation, which is also by MAC in the same colour code!

The other 2 I use for highlighting. They do not look ashy and seem to blend without too much hassle. I also really like the creamy consistency and how the product glides on my skin. These concealers haven't broken me out as yet but I will wait as I have only just recently started using these again after a long break trying out other products.

Packaging - hate it! Only reason this doesn't have 5 lipsticks! The little round thingy this comes in makes it difficult to scoop out product and would need to use fingers which I find unhygienic and just eww. The clear plastic casing on the lid constantly comes off too which is annoying and can dry out the product.

The product also dries out in its packaging. Not cool but can live with. Product also cakes if not set with a powder so this is something to look out for. I use the ELF corrective yellow or my MakeUp Academy translucent powder.

I haven't travelled with my concealers as yet but they seem portable enough to travel well.

Conclusion: I would definitely repurchase. This is just under £16 in the UK and the quality is great and product lasts for ages. I have had my concealers for maybe a year now and none of them are near finishing! I recommend this concealer 100%

on 9/28/2013 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

My HOLY GRAIL concealer. Perfect for my skin type. Love the creaminess. It's very easy to work with.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Yas. YASSSSSSSSS. This concealer made me break away from the wretched world of drugstore cosmetics (they just never have any shades that work the way I want for me). I am a broke college student so I never would've even stepped foot in Macy's or Sephora because like I once said, "Why do that when I can find something just as good for cheaper?" Well, luckily my godmother practically forced me in the makeup artist's chair when I went to visit her and commented on the difficulty in covering my raccoon eyes and hyperpigmentation that often hits my forehead, chin, and rarely cheeks. The makeup artist chose for me this concealer in NW37 or NW40, I forgot. I'll figure it out before I need to buy more :P

Anyway, this concealer, paired up with the pressed powder she also got me, does wonders. Light amount covers up all my scars from previous random breakouts, and my undereyes have a healthy, well rested glow to them. The pressed powder I use as a little finish, and I put on mascara and (sometimes) eyeliner. That's it. And my skin looks amazing. Like, people compliment me on it all the time. I was mortified that this concealer along with the powder and a lipgloss cost 58 dollars, but the fact that I've had the concealer for a good month and there's not even a dent is awesome. I definitely don't mind repurchasing a high quality product that lasts and shows results. Sorry that this was so long, but the main thing I'm trying to say is buy it. NOW. Lol

on 6/24/2011 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I like the coverage that this concealer gives but it doesn't match my skin perfectly. So I wear this under my eyes to brighten thing up but I could never wear this alone. I need to set with a darker setting powder to make it match my skin tone. Overall it's great if you have a perfect match

on 8/20/2010 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I sometimes use this as full cover foundation. It works great for me when I need to brighten under my eyes or cover blemishes. Reference NW45.

On days where I am running late or during summer months when it is just to hot for foundation, I apply this then finish with my MAC MSFN! Gorgeous!!!!

I also use this as an eyeshadow base sometimes! I need to make sure I have a backup of this concealer.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

After owning this product for 2 months, I take it out of my makeup bag to find that the glass shield at the top has popped out to the bottom of the bag with the edges shattered, so sadly it is extremely hard to take it anywhere. Aside from the packaging quality problem, this concealer has a nice, thick consistency to cover the worst of problems, but due to the consistency I find it too thick to apply under my eyes and all it did was look cakey and fake. Despite this problem it is excellent at covering blemishes and acne, just a tiny amount can cause a big, red spot to completely dissapear. Would definitley repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is the best concealer I have ever used. I have the works-dark circles under my eyes and severe hyperpigmentation (some of my spots are actually black), and this concealer covers them completely. I've noticed that some people have complained about this product creasing when used under the eyes-and it did on me at first. But, my secret is using Equate Advanced Firming Day/Night Cream before applying the concealer. I place a small amount under my eyes, let it sit for about 5 minutes, then I apply the concealer. I have no creasing, and the concealer stays put all day! You can get the cream at walmart, for I think, less than $5.00. You get a ton of cream, and a tiny bit goes a long way.

on 10/22/2009 4:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

For some reason, this product does not want to stick to my concealer brush. I have to use my fingers if I want to get enough of it. I got NW20, which was slightly too dark for me in winter but matches me now. While I agree that it does settle into fine lines under the eyes, a primer and a simple wipe fixes that. It covers blemishes quite well without using too much product, but I personally think Maybelline's coverstick does a better job of it. It has a lovely texture, but I'm not a big fan of the pot design - I seem to get the product all over it! All up, though, it's a really good concealer :]

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

i use this in nc35 under my eyes and nc42 on my face when i want to cover any blemishes. it lasts all day under my eyes and lasts around 4+ hours on my face, but i rarely use this anywhere but underneath my eyes.

it hasnt caused millia for me, and ive been using this product for around four years now.
i apply this using my ring finger, that way its pretty much impossible for me to apply too much.
i honestly dont think i will stray from this concealer, im reluctant to call it my "HG", but... whatever other concealers i try, i always come running back to this one.

the only problem i have with this product is that it comes in a pot, and its easy for things like lint and dust/whatever to get in there somehow, but the products not the right consistency for a tube.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

So far...so good...
I've been afraid of makeup since I was told that it can add years to your face... I've never used it before because I had a bad experience at the age of 15...in which I started breaking out after wearing it for the first time....

This doesn't make me break out...it covers small areas that need to be covered...and it's not super cakey as long as it's blended properly...

love it...