MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Curly
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was shade matched at the counter but the colour is way too dark for me to conceal blemishes, they end up looking like big brown dots over my face instead of red dots! Not what I was going for! I’ve also since found out I’m allergic to octinoxate (the sunscreen in this) which gives me acne down my cheeks. Will def not repurchase as even without the shade or allergy it just looked a bit cakey I feel.

on 8/21/2015 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Best concealer I've ever had will 100% buy again!!!! Covers my spots and blemishes with just a small amount would recommend to anyone especially people who struggle with their skin it's amazing and I take it everywhere I go 👍🏼

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't remember what made me buy this color but I'm glad I did. It covers everything.. for real! It's very creamy, I like to keep it in a rather warm room because I noticed that cream products work better and blend much easier when they are exposed to a bit of heat. If you struggle with a few blemishes here and there then this will cover them up easily, even if you have scars or tattoos that u wouldn't want to expose then you can put a bit of effort, set with powder and you're good to go. I don't like this as an under eye concealer because it does slightly settle into fine lines but if you don't have another choice then you can set it with a powder and make it work. I really like how small it is because it's so easy to throw in the purse for later touch-ups which I rarely ever feel the need to do but don't be fooled because it might be small but you do get a ton of product that will last you a very long time and you really only need the tiniest bit because it's so full coverage that it's unnecessary to pack on a lot. The price is pretty fair for a high-end mac concealer.

on 1/29/2015 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in nc42. And this is my perfect shade all year long. I prefer to apply this with my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush and then blend lightly with my fingers. This can be used under the eyes, if you sone have many fine lines. But it much be set immediately. I prefer to use this for blemishes that aren't raised and extra dry.

I also like to use this to clean up under my brows. It's perfect for a natural highlight. For me anyways.

I love the packaging, and the consistency seems very thick upon first application. But with a light hand and fluffy enough brush you'll love this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Best concealer for covering acne scars and active spots wouldn't buy anythimg else! Big love for Studio finish concealer.

on 10/22/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Here's the deal about this concealer.... I like it because I found the shade that matches my skin tone that blends well even without topping it off with powder. I could find a lighter and darker shades if I want as well that is within range of my skin tone (NC30).
- It can be a little dry looking on skin once applied, since it has a matte feel. I prefer using my CLEAN fingers when applying and blending on skin.
- Do not use this under your eye as concealer. It will crease!
- You can use a lighter shade than your skin tone to use as highlighter on the bottom/ top of your brows.
- Be careful not to put too much and it can cake.
- It's a little pricey for a small concealer but it lasted months to a year for me since it has a medium-full coverage.
- I am acne prone and this didn't broke me out.
- very easy to carry around since it's small. =)

on 8/23/2014 1:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I used to use my nc30 concealer since I started wearing makeup over 10 yrs ago but stopped after receiving another brand as a gift, loved it and stuck to that brand for about 2 years. I recently ran out and the local sepho ra was out of stock so back to MAC I went for this concealer. Withing 3 days of using it, my usually normal clear skin started breaking with small pimples grouped together around the areas I had applied the concealer. I thought perhaps it was my finger application so I bought a brush and a NEW pot (exchanged the other one) and started using it on my trouble spots, trying to conceal the new breakouts. Oh my God, it kept spreading. I still didn't want to give up and kept using it for another 2 weeks! mostly in a despret attempt to cover my spots. Sigh...I had to eventually give up when my breakouts kept coming. It's been 2 weeks since and no new breakouts but a face full of scars and a mess. Worse it's been snice teenage years. Went back to my other brand and everything has slowly calmed down but now I'm left with buying treatments to get my skin back.

Nevertheless, The pros:
- great color matching, closest I've ever had.
-Covers very well.
-Stays on long.
-the pot lasts forever!

on 6/19/2014 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have always had dark circles and have tried a lot of concealers. I'm not impressed by this so far. It seems quite thin to me and doesn't provide good coverage of dark circles, which is strange looking at some other reviews. It catches the light if I tilt my head back, so looks as if it's going to conceal well, but when I stop tilting my head I can still see the dark circles through the concealer. I found my previous Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer better than this, and was trying this one because the BB wasn't as good as I'd hoped. I've put BB concealer on top of the MAC one, with BB powder to set it. It isn't any better than using BB corrector under BB concealer. So I'm still looking for the best under-eye concealer!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you have unwanted moles, spots, or acne on your face, then this is your best friend. I have gone to the dermatologist several times about my moles to see if i could get them removed. The only problem was that it would leave a scar, so my quick and best fix was this concealer. I've tried an abundance of promising products that haven't compared to this concealer.I love this for my moles and i would definitely recommend this concealer to all the ladies blessed with those "beauty marks" or "angel kisses". Hope this helped!

on 4/3/2014 12:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I Love this concealer . GREAT coverage . its thick and creamy and glides on the face , it comes in a cute and small black square packaging , its great for highlighting or just for a natural use for hiding redness and dark circles , it also has a amazing SPF of 35 . the only complaints i have about this product is . it kinda has a bad flashback so its not the best for pictures ( because of its high SPF ) , it has to be worn with a Primer and It has to be set . without a primer this will Oxidize & fade in about 2-4 hrs and if you cry it will be noticeable in your under eye concealer unless you have a good primer . ( i get serious creasing under my eye ) . So if you want a good use out of this concealer set it and prime before applying . other than that this concealer is GREAT i use it almost everyday . and its great for summer protection .