MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I buff this in with my flat topped wetnwild brush. I own 2 duos (20/25 & 40/45) & a pot of NC15 the NC15 is for under my eyes & a highlight, the NW-NC20/25 are for blemishes & NW-NC40/45 is for contour. The texture is different it's kind of like stick concealers I really like it thou. The flat top brush works wonderfully & I can't get my fingers into the pot becoz of my nails being so long. This with mac blot powder is all I need for face makeup some days put on brows, a winged eyeliner w mascara & a lipcolor & ur good to go! My fave mac full coverage fdtn is basically a bigger container of this.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Not a big fan, doesn't cover my dark circles, a lot of creasing too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

What the fuck MAC!!! I have just found out this amazing concealer has been discontinued along with my other beloved MAC studio tech foundation. Ive been using SF for a few years now. i bought NC35 and NC42 (im a NC40-42). I only use the NC35.
I have a small red birthmark that's about the size of a 5 cent piece on my left cheek. I've tried everything to cover it. dermablend-too sticky, youngblood-too thin, napoleon-wrong colour match, estee lauder-breakouts etc.
I've stuck with this as its very opaque, and stays put when i set it with mac mineralize skinfinish natural in medium dark. my skin can get pretty oily so im always blotting but this still stays put. will repurchase if i can ever find it again. Im so devastated its gone.

on 5/24/2016 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to use this to cover blemishes as I'm quite prone to break outs, but it Cakes and oxidises throughout the day, clings to my peach fuzz and looks very unnatural :( although it is very full coverage. It's very long wearing and also contains SPF which is always a plus for me! I only gave one lipstick for packaging as the lid cracked and the clear plastic circle with 'MAC' written on it fell off. Now the product has no lid and I've had to store it specially so that the product doesn't dry out.. To me this is an expensive product as I've tried drugstore concealers that have performed better. At the moment I'm using it as an eyeshadow base because I have no other use for it, but as an eyeshadow base I found it works quite well and keeps my eyelids from becoming oily. You get a lot of product in this little tub. I just see no real purpose to buy this again because there are a lot of cheaper products that look a lot better on the skin!

on 4/27/2016 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hmmmmm
I've had this for a long while, I think 6years or so, so my review might not be the most accurate since I don't know how long you can use this until it goes bad. It used to work fine for me, but as my skin got dryer throughout the years, it started accentuating the dryness under my eyes. Also, my lid broke off after a while, so I couldn't take it anywhere and had to limit it to home use only.

Pro:
- very natural finish, not cakey
- blends well

Con:
- not cruelty free
- doesn't work for dry skin
- highend pricetag

on 4/27/2016 1:00:00 PM

This product is NOT for everyone...

Again i find myself lost in the "hype" of certain products, not paying enough atention to my actual needs and not others...

I bought this expecting a super coverage concealer that could work for both undereye and pimples. Well, yeah... for me, it doesnt really work for either...

Being combo skin, this concealer just MEALTS. For both undereye and acne, it just melts! Its does cover when you apply it to your face, but even with power on top, it will crease or move! Drives me crazy!! I cant trust in this tiny friend to spend the entire day on my face...

I stil use it from time to time when i dont have anything else to put on, and im not going to be out for long, but its def NOT a must have. Probably does wonders for dry skins. After this (and many cream foundations fails) i learn that for oily/combo girls, liquids are the best option.

On a positive note, this does contain A LOT of product (i've had it for years now and barely going down), the packaging is so cute and convenient for travelling and is sturdy enough to not break.

With lasting power, this would be THE BOMB.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I never tried this as an under eye concealer. I'm using it to cover up my acne scars. I'm not sure how people are claiming that it covers acne scars beautifully, at least that is not happening with me. My mac foundation shade is nc42 (perfect match). But nc42 shade in this concealer is little light if applied directly but it blends well and matches my skin. However from acne scar concealing point of view, it provide semi coverage (about 60% coverage). Also it stick to my dry patches (that I got from acne medication). Overall not very happy with it.

on 4/14/2016 3:03:00 AM

i bought because of spf. i tried it first. it s decently good, maybe i m not very good at using it. but in general i m not very good at concealer

on 3/17/2016 10:02:00 AM

This is definitely my absolute HG concealer, it covers all, and it stays put like a solidier.

Pros +

+ Good color match for my fair skin in NW15
+ Really good staying power
+ Lasts forever, so worth the price
+ Heavy coverage, so good for my redness, slight acne and scars
+ Doesn't crease on me
+ Doesn't break me out

Cons -

- None I can think of right now

on 2/8/2016 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have fair skin that is very thin, I always have very dark circles, and red veins on my eye lids. I've tried many concealers and I always come back to this one.
I use NW20 and I like that it covers very well, and matches my skin tone nicely. I also like that no product is wasted from the container, and it lasts a very long time.
I apply it with my ring finger and tap it in quickly, then use my foundation sponge to go over it.
It's true that it can seem a little dry if your not used to it, so I find using a clean finger to apply it warms up the concealer a bit making it go on smoother. I also apply eye cream or coconut oil to moisturize in the AM which really helps it go on nicer.
I then set it with Benefit Powderflage which helps prevent creasing.
I have tried using a more moisturing concealer like Mac's Mineral/moisturing liquid one, but it just didn't cover well enough (and I haaate the sponge tip and tube packaging, such a waste of product.)
By the end of the day a little bit of blue is still visible under my eyes so am considering trying a more colour correcting concealer in a peach tone to see if that makes a difference.

P.S. I could do with or without the spf, but I kind of prefer it since I wear a vit C eye cream under it which makes my skin extra sensitive to the sun.

*****UPDATE
My bad, I Just realized Benefit Powderflage is dicontinued :( Good thing I still have two jars left.