MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 9/27/2018 2:40:00 AM

This is another great concealer by MAC. I bought it because I wanted something that is easier to apply than Pro Longwear. This stuff is definitely easy to apply and you only need the tiniest amount so it is great value for money. That tiny pot will last for ages!

This concealer lasts the whole day and gives good coverage. I find it to be particularly suitable for us oily types. As other people have pointed out, it WILL crease under the eyes, which is the reason I won’t give it 5 lippies. You will need to keep your under eye area well moisturized (which most people should be doing regardless ;) ) but even then it will crease a bit. But I can live with that.

Good stuff!

on 3/8/2018 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG concealer. I have been using this for years and will continue to repurchase. I use the shade NC30 which is pretty close to my natural skin colour on my dark circles and on any other more pigmented areas of my face such as around my mouth and on my forehead. Afterwards, I set my face with powder and that's my base done.

The finish is ultra natural - demi-matte, so even though it's on the very heavily pigmented side, it can still be set with a powder without looking dry and creased. It can also go without being set (if I'm using a lot of product on one concentrated area, a powder will be needed to avoid any potential creasing, but if you're just using a little, no powder is fine.)

Because it's so undetectable (in my experience), it's perfect for the no-makeup makeup look. I do apply and blend with my fingers - this is best for warming up the product and achieving said natural look.

Does not crease (unlike every liquid concealer on me), does not budge. My fave forever!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Erm.. Don't. Use. This. On. Undereyes. EVER! Looks flawless to begin with. The coverage is excellent. But you'll start to look like a wrinkley old leaf in no time. Even after baking with loose powder and applying with a damp beauty blender. Creasing can't be stopped. Save this one for your worst zits. It's amazing for that. I use NC42 which is an orange tone on me, as a colour corrector for my eye bags. Due to the very small amount I use, I don't experience any creasing when using under another liquid concealer. The packaging is very good. And brilliant for travelling. The coverage is pure magic.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Not a big fan, doesn't cover my dark circles, a lot of creasing too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

What the fuck MAC!!! I have just found out this amazing concealer has been discontinued along with my other beloved MAC studio tech foundation. Ive been using SF for a few years now. i bought NC35 and NC42 (im a NC40-42). I only use the NC35.
I have a small red birthmark that's about the size of a 5 cent piece on my left cheek. I've tried everything to cover it. dermablend-too sticky, youngblood-too thin, napoleon-wrong colour match, estee lauder-breakouts etc.
I've stuck with this as its very opaque, and stays put when i set it with mac mineralize skinfinish natural in medium dark. my skin can get pretty oily so im always blotting but this still stays put. will repurchase if i can ever find it again. Im so devastated its gone.

on 5/24/2016 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to use this to cover blemishes as I'm quite prone to break outs, but it Cakes and oxidises throughout the day, clings to my peach fuzz and looks very unnatural :( although it is very full coverage. It's very long wearing and also contains SPF which is always a plus for me! I only gave one lipstick for packaging as the lid cracked and the clear plastic circle with 'MAC' written on it fell off. Now the product has no lid and I've had to store it specially so that the product doesn't dry out.. To me this is an expensive product as I've tried drugstore concealers that have performed better. At the moment I'm using it as an eyeshadow base because I have no other use for it, but as an eyeshadow base I found it works quite well and keeps my eyelids from becoming oily. You get a lot of product in this little tub. I just see no real purpose to buy this again because there are a lot of cheaper products that look a lot better on the skin!

on 4/27/2016 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hmmmmm
I've had this for a long while, I think 6years or so, so my review might not be the most accurate since I don't know how long you can use this until it goes bad. It used to work fine for me, but as my skin got dryer throughout the years, it started accentuating the dryness under my eyes. Also, my lid broke off after a while, so I couldn't take it anywhere and had to limit it to home use only.

Pro:
- very natural finish, not cakey
- blends well

Con:
- not cruelty free
- doesn't work for dry skin
- highend pricetag

on 4/27/2016 1:00:00 PM

This product is NOT for everyone...

Again i find myself lost in the "hype" of certain products, not paying enough atention to my actual needs and not others...

I bought this expecting a super coverage concealer that could work for both undereye and pimples. Well, yeah... for me, it doesnt really work for either...

Being combo skin, this concealer just MEALTS. For both undereye and acne, it just melts! Its does cover when you apply it to your face, but even with power on top, it will crease or move! Drives me crazy!! I cant trust in this tiny friend to spend the entire day on my face...

I stil use it from time to time when i dont have anything else to put on, and im not going to be out for long, but its def NOT a must have. Probably does wonders for dry skins. After this (and many cream foundations fails) i learn that for oily/combo girls, liquids are the best option.

On a positive note, this does contain A LOT of product (i've had it for years now and barely going down), the packaging is so cute and convenient for travelling and is sturdy enough to not break.

With lasting power, this would be THE BOMB.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I never tried this as an under eye concealer. I'm using it to cover up my acne scars. I'm not sure how people are claiming that it covers acne scars beautifully, at least that is not happening with me. My mac foundation shade is nc42 (perfect match). But nc42 shade in this concealer is little light if applied directly but it blends well and matches my skin. However from acne scar concealing point of view, it provide semi coverage (about 60% coverage). Also it stick to my dry patches (that I got from acne medication). Overall not very happy with it.

on 4/14/2016 3:03:00 AM

i bought because of spf. i tried it first. it s decently good, maybe i m not very good at using it. but in general i m not very good at concealer