MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Straight
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

I've been using this product for a while now and I have formed a love hate relationship with it.

PROS
Long wearing
Full coverage
The product itself has lasted me several months and I haven't hit pan yet.

CONS
It creases terribly - if you have dry under eyes like I do (I have eczema) it will cause them to appear drier than they already are.
Cakey looking/ drying if it's on your face for long periods of time.
Packaging is a bit flimsy - The plastic transparent circle keeps popping out.

If you do have dry skin, it's best to use this without setting powder as it will make you look incredibly dry. The coverage is great and so is the wear so I will admit that I don't mind using the product. Using a hydrating setting spray after application helps with the dryness. I feel that those who don't have dry skin will appreciate this product more.

on 1/14/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't like the consistency. It's not creamy enough for me to use under eyes and that's where I mainly need concealer.

on 1/12/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my favourite all-round concealer, I use it to cover blemishes, redness, discoloration and any other random imperfections. The only part of my face where I prefer something else is under my eyes, where I have some seriously dark circles going on. (I'm not sleep deprived, it's genetic.)

(Sidenote: I never expect a concealer to perform well for all purposes. I want a blemish concealer and an under-eye concealer to do completely different things: I want my under-eye concealer to have fairly good coverage, be as moisturizing as possible without creasing, and preferably have a very very subtle brightening effect. I want my blemish concealer to be as pigmented as possible and dry enough to stay put all day, and I don't want it to reflect any light because I'm not a Cullen and my pimples are not supposed to sparkle. I can't imagine what magical face product could transform itself to do all of the above.)

PROS:
• I have yet to find something on my face that this cannot cover. I have the small single pot in NC15 and the duo version in NW10/NC20. Sometimes a particularly angry pimple will require two layers, but I've never needed more than that.
• Shade range is excellent.
• Versatility! As I mentioned I don't put this underneath my eyes, but I use it for everything else. It's just as easy to spread over areas with redness as it is to pat onto a blemish. I prefer to apply it with my hands, I find that "melting" the product slightly between my (warm) fingers makes it easier to work with. But a small, dense brush is good too.
• The price is absolutely reasonable. Where I live, I pay 21 euros plus shipping for this online and I am happy to do that for two reasons: 1) It makes my face look so much better, it's 100% worth it, and 2) you won't find a drugstore concealer in stores here for under 15 euros anyway. Might as well pay a little more for much better quality.
• Dry enough so that it won't transfer or disappear during the day. Wherever I apply this stuff in the morning, it's still there in the evening.
• Packaging is fine, but don't leave it open, not even for short amounts of time. If you do, you'll get dust and stuff in it over time and you'll need to wipe that crap away with a tissue or something and waste precious product in the process and then you'll get all depressed over having to purchase a new one much too soon. Just keep it closed.

CONS:
• None that I can think of.

on 7/28/2016 6:06:00 PM

Hi guys!

I LOVE this concealer for my acne scarring. I have been using it for a good few years now. It is heavy duty, thick/creamy and quite dry. The description may sound off putting but I promise it isn't! I have tried several different concealers but nothing compares to this one. I use shade NW 35 although my MAC foundation shades are in the NC tones. I tend to dot it on my acne scarring and just slightly pat using my beauty blender sponge. I apply it under my foundation rather than on top. My shade looks quite orange and dark but it sure does the job! I have tried this in a different shade (NC) for under eyes but felt it was too thick and difficult to blend.

Whether you have red blemishes or dark spots/acne scarring, this is THE concealer to use. For a little pot, it sure goes a long way!

on 5/24/2016 12:12:00 PM

This is one of the first concealers I really used and was one of my first MAC purchases so I loved it when I was 18. But now, with so many other options out there I'm not really a fan. I don't remember the color but it has a slight orange tint to it. I have quite a bit left and I use it to carve my eyebrows after I fill them in and will use it to conceal some redness around the nose and blemishes when I'm in a hurry to get ready in the morning for work. I noticed that as opposed to before, again it looks kind of orange-y around my brows and I don't think it's the best. True you do get a lot of product but it's just meh. Also, I think I dropped the package so the plastic part popped out and I have to be careful not to drop it when I open it and place it carefully back when closing. In all it's decent and I'll use up but won't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I had this but I did not like this. I mainly need concealer for undereyes but it looked very unnatural. For other areas it is okay. Mostly I do not like the cover sticks or concealers that have this thick waxy texture. I also did not lke Bobbi Brown Corrector which is softer and oilier than this. I actually prefer Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage to both of these. In my opinion MAC is even drier than Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage. Bobbi Brown is the softest one of the three.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a solid workhorse concealor. Great for blemishes, and ok under the eye if used sheerly. It's the same as Mac full cover foundation so you could use it all over if you like. Basically it's a heavy cream foundation. You need to set it as it will slide and crease as it warms and becomes more emollient with body heat. It can be very natural; my husband uses it all the time (just the concealor, no powder). It's actually in his side of the vanity mirror cabinet so I have to go get it from him when I want it. Huge color range.
This isn't a sexy exciting product, but it's a great and hugely important basic.

on 3/2/2016 3:17:00 PM

This is holy grail concealer if you have acne problem or things to cover on your face. I've tried many different concealers from high end to drugstore and this is the best! but if you lookin for full coverage obviously.
First of all it deserves to money because even if i use this almost every single day for almost 7 months now and there's still half of the product left. Which is a pro after you gave all that money.
It's totally very full coverage concealer that can cover everything. If you don't need that much coverage just skip this one, there are lots of good medium-full coverage concealers in drugstore. But i got some acne scars and redness. Because i am acne-prone there are few blemishes always on my face and this stuff just erases all of em.
It also made me love some of the foundations that i thought very sheer coverage like mac face and body.
I love to use before foundation and it just basically makes you look flawless then you're good to go without even foundation. I definitely recommend to people who need full coverage.
Btw don't use this as a concealer+highlighter under your eyes or other places because it's very very thick consistency. Maybe only for dark circles. Don't forget less is more on this product.
I took better result with my finger i like to tap on and it's done!
Totally worth the money.

This concealer is very pigmented and thick, I like this to cover up my dark blemishes. Will definitely repurchase.

on 1/1/2016 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this concealer until now because I adore it. I've repurchased it sooo many times. I use it to conceal red spots and it works a treat. It stays on for hours and hours and I hardly ever need to reapply it during the day. I wouldn't use it to cover dark circles though, but for everything else it's brilliant.