MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Oily
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

on 1/3/2017 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a staple in my mom's makeup kit since I was really young, so I've decided to see what the fuss is all about. As long as you get the right shade (mine is NW20) for concealing, you are good to go. I have oily-skin, which means concealers tend to slip and slide. I always use my favorite setting method (baking with loose powder for at least 5 minutes), and that plus this concealer just WORKS.

It conceals perfectly, brightens the under eye area, rarely cakes, easy to blend, and stays on for as long as you have it on (a good 12 hours).

If there is anything to complain about, it'd be the packaging, since the jar is unhygienic, and it gets harder to get the product when you're hitting pan. Overall, a good and RELIABLE product that lasts a long time. Price point is perfect as well.

on 11/5/2016 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

amazing for acne scars! it stays on all day despite my oily skin and the hot weather. it doesn't transfer or fade away either. I'd use my finger to apply and blend it in, and I'd be good to go. super small and compact so it's great to take with you on the go or for traveling.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great concealer!
I was looking for a cream concealer to cover my blemishes, I need a few layers but pretty good medium coverage. The shade is perfect (I use NC30. Other shades: Nars Punjab, MUFE HD 123) and it blends into my skin like a dream.
I used it alone without foundation during my tropical holiday and it did not budge. Love it for my no makeup-makeup look!

on 5/5/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

So I first used MAC Studio Finish Concealer in 2007-2008. At the time my color was NC50 or so I thought. NC50 seems to be the color every Chocolate Woman wears from MAC. Anyway .. I didn't like the yellowish undertone it gave my skin. It was Too yellow & at the time it left me looking very oily after a few hours .. Now today is a different story. I've found the perfect color match for my complexion ( NW40 Under eye & highlight, NW45 color correction for blemishes & discoloration due to its orange/pinkish undertone & NW50 for skin color match ). Amazing results when all three shades are blended with a damp Beauty Blender & set wit MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural ( Deepest Dark ). My Makeup lasts all day, it does not oxidize to a darker shade or leaves me looking grayish or ashy. It's gives AMAZING results when you find the right color match & application technique. Now I will say it may come off a bit yellowish in pictures due to the SPF, but it depends on the lighting as well. But overall I haven't had any major issues when it came to taking selfies lol .. When my skin gets oily an Oil Absorbing Blotting sheet ( preferably E.L.F ) gets the job done. No need for touch ups unless it's truly a hot day. And living in Fl it's always hot but my makeup never melts :-D

on 11/26/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

NOTE: This review is for those who have certain areas of their skin such as de-pigmentation they want to cover up.

I have a skin pigmentation on my forehead called Vitiligo. Basically, at the top of my forehead lies a circular white spot (varies for others) that that is drastically different from the rest of my skin (I'm around a medium toned gal). My case is very mild.

Having had front bangs all my life, I wanted to try something new, so, after some consultation with some nice MAC ladies, they introduced to this concealer. I bought NC30.

The studio finish concealer is thick, and to use this with the purpose of covering a de-pigmented area on my skin, I think it does it's job of concealing wonderfully. Is it thick enough to cover with a few dabs? No. It's a bit of a process; I first conceal the area in one round, and set it with a powder (I use MAC's CC Prep+Prime), and then I do those two steps a second time. Depending on how well I concealed my spot and evening it out with the rest of my skin colour, I'll do the steps again until I achieve a desired result.

Would I use it as a regular concealer for my blemishes, acne spots and eye bags? Heck no, way too expensive. However, I'm pleased with the purchase nevertheless and because I did what I wanted it to.

The only reason why I wouldn't buy this again is because I'm not going to be covering this area every day, but only when I want to.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Best concealer for covering acne scars and active spots wouldn't buy anythimg else! Big love for Studio finish concealer.

on 10/25/2014 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
Medium coverage
A small jar last a long time
Consistency is good, easy to blend out

Cons
Can settle in your fine lines
Does not cover pimples for very long if you have oily skin

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great concealer if you have acne or acne scars. I apply it with a concealer brush which gives flawless coverage while not looking or feeling thick, however I wouldn't recommend applying it with fingers as then it looks quite heavy and noticeable. It's got great coverage and lasts me all day, I never have to touch it up. I use it every day and I have a lot of scars, but I've been using the same pot for 4 months and i haven't even used half of it yet so it's great value for money. It's a bit pricey - £15 - but I'm willing to pay that for something that works well and lasts a long time. I don't like using this concealer under my eyes though, it's much thinner skin there and no matter what I do it looks heavy there. I would definitely recommend this if you have blemishes or imperfections you want covered :)

on 3/21/2014 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only concealer that actually covers up my acne scars, and lasts all day. It's amazing stuff! Pricey, yes - but honestly it will last you a long time if you use is sparingly. Which I find is the trick, less and better. I don't use it around my nose, or under eye (I find it too drying for those areas) but everywhere else I need a small cover up, it's perfect! Just make sure you get properly colour matched at the MAC counter. The packaging is great, and I just found out about MACS recycle program?! Like seriously, I had no idea they did that?! Pretty awesome.

on 2/25/2014 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Good coverage, color matches perfectly. My only thing is that this product creases like crazy. The consistency is a little thick (if that's the right term to use) and hard to blend but oh well...The packaging breaks easily, as the little glass part has fallen out and the whole lid has taken quite a beating. However, I do like the product itself.