MAC Studio Finish Concealer

MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

on 11/29/2017 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this product! Covers up redness and those overnight little devil spots that come up once in a while that really make you wanna scream

I find this works best if I apply it with my fingers so the product gets warm and a creamy consistency. Covers my acne scars well enough and good for my under eye area. A little goes a long way. Other concealers I have tried do not have good coverage like this does.

I've been using this for years and am only on my second one - it lasts a while. I used to dab this on under my eyes but it's not at all good for that use. It creases easily on that area and it's not creamy enough to apply it without stretching the thing skin under the eyes. I instead now use it just to cover discolouration and pimples. I apply it with a flat concealer brush and then blend it out with a wet Beauty Blender. I usually do this on top of my liquid foundation and beneath my powder. It's a bit orange for me but none of the other colours is a better match so I put Bare Minerals powder concealer on top in a shade a little lighter and that seems to balance it out. It is not oil free and so I find myself blotting multiple times a day. Same kind of quality as Benefit Boi-ing but I actually prefer that.

on 1/24/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so I have about 8 massive spots on my cheek I'm not sure if it's acne but anyways I found this was amazing to cover them and it worked so well but I had to touch up threw out the day, then the next day I found the spots just got worse and bigger and my pores became massive!! It made the spots so much worse and now they are so big and horrifying not to mention my pores are so big now I would say if you are looking for coverage yes but if you want your skin to just get worse no!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- pigmentation is rich
- not too emollient for packing on textured skin/imperfections
- perfect warm undertone (other brands please pay attention to how MAC does undertones right)

CONS:
- too dry for undereye

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

What the fuck MAC!!! I have just found out this amazing concealer has been discontinued along with my other beloved MAC studio tech foundation. Ive been using SF for a few years now. i bought NC35 and NC42 (im a NC40-42). I only use the NC35.
I have a small red birthmark that's about the size of a 5 cent piece on my left cheek. I've tried everything to cover it. dermablend-too sticky, youngblood-too thin, napoleon-wrong colour match, estee lauder-breakouts etc.
I've stuck with this as its very opaque, and stays put when i set it with mac mineralize skinfinish natural in medium dark. my skin can get pretty oily so im always blotting but this still stays put. will repurchase if i can ever find it again. Im so devastated its gone.

on 5/24/2016 12:12:00 PM

This is one of the first concealers I really used and was one of my first MAC purchases so I loved it when I was 18. But now, with so many other options out there I'm not really a fan. I don't remember the color but it has a slight orange tint to it. I have quite a bit left and I use it to carve my eyebrows after I fill them in and will use it to conceal some redness around the nose and blemishes when I'm in a hurry to get ready in the morning for work. I noticed that as opposed to before, again it looks kind of orange-y around my brows and I don't think it's the best. True you do get a lot of product but it's just meh. Also, I think I dropped the package so the plastic part popped out and I have to be careful not to drop it when I open it and place it carefully back when closing. In all it's decent and I'll use up but won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have this concealer in NW45, NW40 and NC35! Love all of them and for different reasons.

I use my NW45 to conceal my hyperpigmentation and this works like a dream under my foundation, which is also by MAC in the same colour code!

The other 2 I use for highlighting. They do not look ashy and seem to blend without too much hassle. I also really like the creamy consistency and how the product glides on my skin. These concealers haven't broken me out as yet but I will wait as I have only just recently started using these again after a long break trying out other products.

Packaging - hate it! Only reason this doesn't have 5 lipsticks! The little round thingy this comes in makes it difficult to scoop out product and would need to use fingers which I find unhygienic and just eww. The clear plastic casing on the lid constantly comes off too which is annoying and can dry out the product.

The product also dries out in its packaging. Not cool but can live with. Product also cakes if not set with a powder so this is something to look out for. I use the ELF corrective yellow or my MakeUp Academy translucent powder.

I haven't travelled with my concealers as yet but they seem portable enough to travel well.

Conclusion: I would definitely repurchase. This is just under £16 in the UK and the quality is great and product lasts for ages. I have had my concealers for maybe a year now and none of them are near finishing! I recommend this concealer 100%

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a solid workhorse concealor. Great for blemishes, and ok under the eye if used sheerly. It's the same as Mac full cover foundation so you could use it all over if you like. Basically it's a heavy cream foundation. You need to set it as it will slide and crease as it warms and becomes more emollient with body heat. It can be very natural; my husband uses it all the time (just the concealor, no powder). It's actually in his side of the vanity mirror cabinet so I have to go get it from him when I want it. Huge color range.
This isn't a sexy exciting product, but it's a great and hugely important basic.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I never tried this as an under eye concealer. I'm using it to cover up my acne scars. I'm not sure how people are claiming that it covers acne scars beautifully, at least that is not happening with me. My mac foundation shade is nc42 (perfect match). But nc42 shade in this concealer is little light if applied directly but it blends well and matches my skin. However from acne scar concealing point of view, it provide semi coverage (about 60% coverage). Also it stick to my dry patches (that I got from acne medication). Overall not very happy with it.