MAC Studio Finish Concealer

MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

on 5/26/2017 8:48:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I feel like I have a love/hate relationship with this concealer. I've purchased it several times. I've gotten a few different shades but I right now I think NW10 (I think this is a newer shade introduced this year) seems to work best for my NC15ish skin. Because of the peachyness of the undertones, I prefer NW concealers to cancel out dark circles. Sometimes NCs can turn a bit greenish over a circle. Anyway, I gave this a 3 because while the coverage is wonderful, this creases like mad. At first when you apply it, this looks fantastic and gives excellent coverage. But 5 minutes lately....you have major creases under your eyes. I have found a way to set this so that it doesn't crease on me, but it's a lot of work so I don't wear it that often. I like to dampen a Beauty Blender with Fix +, and then use that to gently roll loose powder over the concealer. I like the KVD loose powder or MAC Mineralize Loose in Light. Again, a lot of effort just to set a concealer, but it does work. Therefore, I mostly just use this for touchups or underneath brows or something. I've noticed too that after you've had this for awhile the formula seems to become drier. Maybe one day they'll change the formula so it doesn't crease as much.I'd say this is best used for blemishes or anywhere that's not under the eyes.

on 1/14/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't like the consistency. It's not creamy enough for me to use under eyes and that's where I mainly need concealer.

I absolutely love this face makeup! I live in a very humid climate and my face gets oily but this product mattes it very nicely and has great coverage. Would recommend to anyone with normal to oily skin

on 7/28/2016 6:06:00 PM

Hi guys!

I LOVE this concealer for my acne scarring. I have been using it for a good few years now. It is heavy duty, thick/creamy and quite dry. The description may sound off putting but I promise it isn't! I have tried several different concealers but nothing compares to this one. I use shade NW 35 although my MAC foundation shades are in the NC tones. I tend to dot it on my acne scarring and just slightly pat using my beauty blender sponge. I apply it under my foundation rather than on top. My shade looks quite orange and dark but it sure does the job! I have tried this in a different shade (NC) for under eyes but felt it was too thick and difficult to blend.

Whether you have red blemishes or dark spots/acne scarring, this is THE concealer to use. For a little pot, it sure goes a long way!

on 4/27/2016 1:00:00 PM

This product is NOT for everyone...

Again i find myself lost in the "hype" of certain products, not paying enough atention to my actual needs and not others...

I bought this expecting a super coverage concealer that could work for both undereye and pimples. Well, yeah... for me, it doesnt really work for either...

Being combo skin, this concealer just MEALTS. For both undereye and acne, it just melts! Its does cover when you apply it to your face, but even with power on top, it will crease or move! Drives me crazy!! I cant trust in this tiny friend to spend the entire day on my face...

I stil use it from time to time when i dont have anything else to put on, and im not going to be out for long, but its def NOT a must have. Probably does wonders for dry skins. After this (and many cream foundations fails) i learn that for oily/combo girls, liquids are the best option.

On a positive note, this does contain A LOT of product (i've had it for years now and barely going down), the packaging is so cute and convenient for travelling and is sturdy enough to not break.

With lasting power, this would be THE BOMB.

At first, I loved this concealer. I get redness around my cheekbones, underneath my nostrils, underneath my lips and on the tip of my nose. This concealer was fantastic for masking that redness, applied on top of foundation/tinted moisturiser and underneath a setting powder.

HOWEVER!

There is HEAPS of product in the little tubs meaning that the concealer will last a LONG time. I have had this for about 7 months and now the product is starting to dry out quite a lot. I sometimes get quite dry skin in the aforementioned red-zoned areas and in recent months I've noticed this concealer exacerbating that problem SO much more, which is really unfortunate :(

I also am starting to dislike the thickness of the texture as it feels quite laborious to get enough product warmed up and creamy now. Which is a shame, because I really really did like this concealer, but now I think I may have to abandon what's left and try something new.

ALSO: this may just be my clumsiness but the little clear plastic window fell out of the top of the packaging... this may be contributing to the product drying out.

on 4/14/2016 3:03:00 AM

i bought because of spf. i tried it first. it s decently good, maybe i m not very good at using it. but in general i m not very good at concealer

on 4/9/2016 6:38:00 PM

This is a very pigmented concealer, it works really well on bruises since I always get fillers and Botox all over my face. Would I use it daily? No, only if I have major discoloration on my face. The staying power of this formula is very strong. This concealer lasts a very long time, I've had mine for 3 years and I still have a lot left and it's still creamy

on 3/17/2016 10:02:00 AM

This is definitely my absolute HG concealer, it covers all, and it stays put like a solidier.

Pros +

+ Good color match for my fair skin in NW15
+ Really good staying power
+ Lasts forever, so worth the price
+ Heavy coverage, so good for my redness, slight acne and scars
+ Doesn't crease on me
+ Doesn't break me out

Cons -

- None I can think of right now

on 3/2/2016 3:17:00 PM

This is holy grail concealer if you have acne problem or things to cover on your face. I've tried many different concealers from high end to drugstore and this is the best! but if you lookin for full coverage obviously.
First of all it deserves to money because even if i use this almost every single day for almost 7 months now and there's still half of the product left. Which is a pro after you gave all that money.
It's totally very full coverage concealer that can cover everything. If you don't need that much coverage just skip this one, there are lots of good medium-full coverage concealers in drugstore. But i got some acne scars and redness. Because i am acne-prone there are few blemishes always on my face and this stuff just erases all of em.
It also made me love some of the foundations that i thought very sheer coverage like mac face and body.
I love to use before foundation and it just basically makes you look flawless then you're good to go without even foundation. I definitely recommend to people who need full coverage.
Btw don't use this as a concealer+highlighter under your eyes or other places because it's very very thick consistency. Maybe only for dark circles. Don't forget less is more on this product.
I took better result with my finger i like to tap on and it's done!
Totally worth the money.