MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

Not a huge fan of this concealer. The color I have is NW30 and was chosen for me by one of the makeup artists in their store. I don't think its horrible, but I wouldn't rush out to buy it again thats for sure. I find it hard to work with and its a pain to get out of the container once it starts to wear down. It almost needs to be applied with fingers so that the warmth of your fingers make it easier to spread. After using this, I have come to the conclusion that I will pick a liquid tube of concealer over this type any time. Too me this is not worth the money. I personally find many of MAC's products way over priced and hyped. This is one of them.

Blending around the inside corners of your eyes and applying it there is a huge hassle. Seemed to pick up the very fine hairs around that area and highlighted them and even made them look chalky. UGH !!!!! When I buy a concealer I like it to perform around my eye area. As someone else mentioned it seemed to be okay as a eyeshadow primer though. But the again I get just as good results with my ELF shadow primer for a fraction of the cost.

Decent packaging in the MAC way, but my lid cracked just by getting jostled in my makeup bag. No odd smell to report. Just a very blah product to me and not worth the money. Their is better for cheaper or for the same price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I had this but I did not like this. I mainly need concealer for undereyes but it looked very unnatural. For other areas it is okay. Mostly I do not like the cover sticks or concealers that have this thick waxy texture. I also did not lke Bobbi Brown Corrector which is softer and oilier than this. I actually prefer Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage to both of these. In my opinion MAC is even drier than Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage. Bobbi Brown is the softest one of the three.

on 4/7/2016 8:19:00 AM

This product always annoyed me but recently i found another way of using it!

I always found it to be far to dry for under eye concealer even though the coverage was perfect for covering up those dark circles. It would always just cake!

I stopped using it for around a year and starting using the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer which i love and have already reviewed!

HOWEVER, i have no gone back to using this for extra coverage where i need it & under my eyes!!
Basically i drop the tiniest amount of Manuka Doctor Brightening Oil on the concealer and warm it up and it turns it very creamy and doesn't dry cakey or thick!!!!

So happy i get to use this again!

on 8/26/2015 4:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I couldn't live without this concealer! It is amazing for acne scars due to the thick consistency and it covers blemishes like nothing I have ever used before. It lasts for about four months and a little goes a long way.

on 8/22/2015 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Have been using this product for years now and am surprised I've never reviewed it. A solid product from start to finish a $19.00 pot of this concealer lasts me a good year at least applied lightly to undereye circles and any red areas of my face (I know, I know: I'm probably not supposed to keep product that long, so sue me). This medium-coverage product has a versatile creamy texture that, when set with powder, lasts all day. I've repurchased this in NW20 at least three times and it's been my go-to concealer for awhile. Travels really well too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this concealer! I have very dark circles and this concealer is the only one I've found that can cover them completely. It's a little on the drier side, so I feel it works best if you warm it with your fingers and use it over moisturizer. Also, even though it is a little pricey and the pot is tiny, one pot has lasted me 3 years with everyday use. My only complaint about this concealer is that it creases a lot, but setting it with powder fixes that for the most part. Other than that, it really is a lovely concealer. It is very high coverage and lasts all day. My HG concealer. Definitely recommend for dark circles!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't really have a lot of blemishes, I've never had acne or anything like that. However I do use this to define my brows and sometimes on the corners of my mouth which is a tad darker than the rest of my face. it's great that it has spf because I live in a very hot region. It stays put and it's creamy but not so much that it makes a mess. It's easy to blend.

Brilliant concealer, great for putting under and above the eyebrows to define them more, lasted me a year and I am a make up fanatic, just purchased a new one online and am excited for my next year of use age

on 2/2/2015 2:18:00 PM

I was loyal to The Body Shop concealer for years before since I was in University... then I try to buy this on NC35 together when I bought my Mineralize mouisture spf 15 foundation NC42... This is the BEST concealer ever!!!! well i might need to buy a new one with brighter colour as my skin is getting back to its normal tone (I bought thia NC35 after I had few days of sun bathing)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This might be common knowledge, but just in case: MAC Studio Finish Concealer is pretty much the exact same product as their pro Full Coverage Foundation. The concealer has some added sunscreen.

Ingredient comparison:

MAC Studio Finish Concealer:
Sunscreen INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 5.00%, TITANIUM DIOXIDE 2.00%,
Non-sunscreen ingredients:
Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Alumina, Stearic Acid.
May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.

MAC Full Coverage foundation:
Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Alumina, Stearic Acid.

Price-wise, the concealer is $19 for .24 ounces. The foundation is $32 for 1 ounce. So the concealer costs a little more than $76 per ounce versus the $32 per ounce of the foundation.

If you love the concealer and use a lot of it, you might prefer to buy your shade in the foundation and just use that instead. It'll last longer and you'll save $$$.

Drawbacks to this: the foundation is a Pro product, so you might need to seek out a Pro store or order online. It also doesn't come in every shade, NW15 for example. BUT it does come in White, which would make a nice mixer or highlighter for fair users.