MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Not a big fan, doesn't cover my dark circles, a lot of creasing too.

on 1/31/2017 4:50:00 AM

Before I purchased this product, I was well aware that I could not use it for under eye coverage as it was meant to be a blemish concealer.

I went ahead and purchased it in NC20 and for the most basic of blemishes, dark spots and acne scars it works. However, it just works and does not really blow me away. It's biggest strength is probably the fact that it lasts long and requires just an ample amount to cover a mark, however, I do not recommend this product if you have fairly good skin.

I felt that I was not able to utilize this product to the best of its abilities as it just did not match my skin type needs. As I get older, I now realize the importance of buying makeup products that fit not only your skin tone but as well as your skin TYPE. This does not work well with dry skin and tends to look cakey when I use around my nose or mouth. I do get it to work by applying a small amount of Vaseline on the outlines of my lip area or a facial oil used as a primer before hand. On its own however, this just seems way too dry for me.

Right now, I don't really use it to cover up my marks as I don't have major problem areas. I do however find it particularly useful to carve out my brows and provide me an "Instagram" type of brow. I have also tried it as an eyeshadow primer and it has worked okay for me as well.

Would not repurchase this as I have discovered better products that can do a better job.

on 10/15/2016 9:32:00 AM

I dont like this, its very drying and doesnt do much for me, its ok for if I have a spot that needs to be covered I bought it months ago, used it a couple of times until I bought a different concealer a few weeks later, I havnt used it much since. Maybe if I had acne prone skin id find it more useful.

on 10/9/2016 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Overall I liked this product. It has an amazing coverage and it lasts a really long time on your skin. Actually I used this (I've finished it) under my eyes where I have my biggest problem to cover up. I really had to moisturize my under eyes otherwhise it would have creased like hell and blend it very well with a beauty blender to not make it look cakey.
I think it's better for covering acne scars and anything like that.

on 4/27/2016 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hmmmmm
I've had this for a long while, I think 6years or so, so my review might not be the most accurate since I don't know how long you can use this until it goes bad. It used to work fine for me, but as my skin got dryer throughout the years, it started accentuating the dryness under my eyes. Also, my lid broke off after a while, so I couldn't take it anywhere and had to limit it to home use only.

Pro:
- very natural finish, not cakey
- blends well

Con:
- not cruelty free
- doesn't work for dry skin
- highend pricetag

on 1/15/2016 2:33:00 AM

One of the best concealers ever!!
I am almost 40 and I have got very dark circles so dark that without any makeup I will look like a junky!!
Studio finish conceals naturally and gives an amazing effect!!BUT remember it is a professional product so you need to apply it professionally!!that means very carefully just a little amount in the shape of a triangle which fades out in the cheeks!!watch videos if you want!!
After a few minutes i dab it with my fingers smoothly and sometimes again and again every hour as a natural habit!!what ever you buy heavy concealers need this movement if you want to avoid creasing
TIP:if you have a great problem as mine take TWO shades one warmer for natural concealing and one cooler for brightening!!
I have bought NW 30 for covering the circles with just a small amount and NC 20 for the internal part of the eye.Very important the spf 35!!only a few in the market offer sun protection!!
However I would not recommend it for very young age!!it is heavy
Of course I will buy it again :)
Price reasonable since there are discounts every almost a couple of weeks in my country!!

This is one of the best concealers I've ever used. It has such amazing coverage but it doesn't feel cakey on the skin. The packaging is also great as it is very small and compact and is great for travelling. The only bad thing is the price and it actually isn't that bad. I got mine at the airport so it was £12.90 but if you want to get it at a local Mac shop then it would be £15.50 which still isn't too bad if you're willing to pay that much but I would defenitely repurchase this and I would defenitely pay the price for it.

on 2/21/2015 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Too cakey if in honest would be good for photographic makeup such as shoots or even at weddings etc but not for everyday. It is really harsh on your skin

on 2/15/2015 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have the NW25 and NC30 duo which is a wonderful match when mixed together, but also use both separately on different area. I have a whole face of stuff to conceal, from melasma to scarring and the odd blemish. Sadly this just isn't enough for me.

It's by no means a bad concealer, but I'd call it medium to med-full coverage and the longevity just doesn't hold up to a full day that I need it to. I've used it underneath and on top of powders, cream and liquid foundation, and colour correctors. It doesn't ball up with any of them but despite being a creamy formula it's stiff and requires buffing and layering. And more buffing. Still it insists on settling into fine lines under the eyes. It doesn't have a thick enough texture to mask bumpy blemishes and fades over melasma too quickly. For that work I need it to hold up on at least one front.

Don't let my views deter you from trying it though. I have serious cover up needs and heavy duty is a must. I think it's elegant and versatile, it just doesn't meet my demanding requirements.

I have been a lover of all things Mac before my severe acne breakout. After that, I grew a sensitivity to Mac as well as other foundations as well which is sad. But before my breakout, I had dry and sensitive skin and this concealer never broke me out. IT COVERS EVERYTHING: from redness, to hyperpigmentation, to new acne lesions, as well as old scars. I absolutely adored this concealer and for a long time (5 years to be exact), I never ventured to another concealer as this worked so well on my skin. If you're not careful, it can cling to dry spots, but a good moisturizer and setting spray should aid in that. I recommend applying a thin layer with your finger to warm up the product, then building as you go to get more coverage.

This small pot will last you a long time. When my skin was clearer and I only needed to spot treat small areas of my face, it lasted well over a year. I would steer clear from putting this under your eyes though, as it has a tendency to settle into fine lines that crease in that area, making them more prominent. Overall, wonderful product and I am sad that my stupid, sensitive skin is no longer suitable for it.