MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My current favorite spot concealer and undereye concealer for everyday, I have it in NC35 which is the perfect match for me (the MAC makeup artist matched me NW40 which was too dark and orange and she claims it will conceal blemishes! Outrageous. Trust your own judgements, ladies). I barely touch my Pro Longwear one, which I use for full glam (highlight and contouring), because of this concealer. I recommend using a clean eyeliner brush (those thin, pointed ones) for spot concealing then gently blending it by tapping with a synthetic-hair blending brush that is densely packed (I use the Real Techniques eye blender brush). I find that tapping it with your fingers will take away the coverage.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has been my HG concealer for almost a decade! I've tried to use other concealers but this one has the best coverage by far! I wear NC42 and the best way to apply it is to warm it up a bit with your finger before you conceal. Be careful underneath your eyes, make sure you have hydrated under your eyes because this can sit in lines. Work your way up from under any bags or puffiness. I find this gives a smooth airbrush finish & since I have some acne scars this covers them perfectly! Price wise its worth it because of how little you need. I would definitely recommend it!

on 1/29/2015 12:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in nc42. And this is my perfect shade all year long. I prefer to apply this with my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush and then blend lightly with my fingers. This can be used under the eyes, if you sone have many fine lines. But it much be set immediately. I prefer to use this for blemishes that aren't raised and extra dry.

I also like to use this to clean up under my brows. It's perfect for a natural highlight. For me anyways.

I love the packaging, and the consistency seems very thick upon first application. But with a light hand and fluffy enough brush you'll love this.

on 6/22/2014 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is my HG concealer. Not only is this an amazing for concealing dark circles around your eyes and the odd blemish but this is fabulous for contouring with. It lasts all day and is soooooo easy to blend and work with!! I would recommend this to everyone with all skin types :-)

on 6/8/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Super creamy, nice coverage and the color nc42 matches me perfectly. Great for blemishes and scars but i wouldn't recommend for under the eye use because its a little thicker and prone to creasing. I like to apply with a dabbing motion either with my finger or a brush. Also I love the classic packaging its a must have in my collection.

on 7/18/2013 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

this is the BEST concealer for undereye circles. i inherited these under eye dark circles and this is the only concealer that covers them 100% and doesn't look cakey under my powder.
NC42 is the perfect match for my skin & when i put it on it doesnt even look like ive got anything on my face at all.
definitely the one thing my makeup bag will ALWAYS have. :)

on 4/21/2013 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have severe dark circles and this is the only concealer I can find with the perfect shade and amount of coverage in one layer. Very easy to blend and apply to specific areas. It must be set with a powder immediately after applying or else creasing will occur. Once I blend and set this it looks very natural. I've used it to cover up redness in some bad pimples before, and I've never noticed it make acne worse. I love that it has SPF 35. It doesn't oxidize at all which was a problem with other Mac products for me. I've used this for 5 years because nothing beats it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

LOVE LOVE LOVE this concealer. It's not cakey at all if you apply it with the right amount. I use the synthetic blending brush to buff this concealer onto the spot very lightly. Never crease, last all day (trust me. I live in Thailand. It's very hot here, and I also have oily skin.) , and it's very pigmented. Great for spot and blemishes, but I also use it to cover dark circles. Just have to make sure that you already applied the eye cream underneath of your eyes.

on 10/29/2012 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I used this concealer to hide mainly redness on my cheeks due to rosacea or for small blemishes/pimples. I don't use this under my eyes for any darkness there.

The texture of this concealer is thick - almost stiff, and I find it can become very cakey/greasy looking with a brush applicator. I typically apply by applying a dot on my face with a brush and using my finger to dab/tap to even it out on my face. Then I use powder to set. I believe the warmth from my finger helps soften and blend it better than a brush does. The consistency is what helps it stay longer than many other thinner concealers that I'ved used and I think also helps with the coverage. You cannot see any redness through it at all or any minor dark spots/acne scars. If set properly, it doesn't budge during the day at all.

It's a great basic item to have and I don't use it very often and when I do, I use very little, so the price per use is worth it in my opinion. The packaging is as convenient as it could be for a concealer.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in NC20 and NC30. I have to mix them to match my skin. I like the little compact it comes in and I love the coverage. There's no scent and the SPF is great. I have and will repurchase it. It stays put all day and covers everything. NC20 is a nice yellowy beige that brightens up my undereyes better then the NW colors Ive tried, I just mix a lil NC30 with it so it matches my skin better but still brightens. I think it's better then any of the super yellow correctors I've tried.