MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by eye Color : Black
MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 10/30/2008 4:17:00 AM

This was one of my first few concealers. I can't even remember why I purchased it, to conceal dark eye circles or blemishes. The MA matched me to NC 30, which was way too dark for me. The texture was too thick as well. I remember back then, I was just a teen, and it made my eyes show fine lines I didn't knew I had! I did try several methods of application but nothing worked out and in the end, I can't remember if I finally swapped it away or threw it out in frustration.

on 2/13/2007 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Bought this on a whim.

I'm a caramel (NW45) DDD.

I purchased the palette that comes in three shades. I love how this matches my skin, but that is all!

As the day progresses if sits into my fine lines (I am 25, I virtually have NO FINE LINES!). It also left dry patches of skin, that later flaked.

I would not recommend this product, and for $18, waste your money on something else.

UPDATE: I no longer use this stuff. It makes me look disgusting. I have combo skin and I get VERY try patches around my eyes and cheeks, where it so happens that I have discolorations. So of course I apply the concealer in those places. Big mistake! Very ugly, I expected more out of MAC, so sad that I was disappointed. continued >>

Has no lasting power. And I found the coverage to be more than natural.
Not going to buy this AGAIN.

on 5/1/2005 1:08:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product and I desperately needed something to hide mt undereye circles, however this settled into lines and got extremely cakey. No matter how carefully I applied the concealer my eyes became unbelieveably teary and burned horribly. Very possible that it was an allergic reaction but those that have eyes sensitive to makeup please do think twice.

on 12/6/2013 1:08:00 AM

Dry and hard to apply. Breaks me out

on 11/27/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is difficult to blend heavy and can get cakey if not set. I was able to achieve a nice look with this but it only look good in photos. In real person it was cakey and ugly. Maybe if it was water based it wouldn't look like that. Mac doesn't serve their oily cilents like they should

on 4/5/2010 6:01:00 PM

I went to the MAC counter at Nordstrom's and asked the SA's for a product to cover undereye circles. I got a very young girl in her early 20s, poo poo me saying I didn't really have dark circles but she proceeded to help select this product for it. I went home and after several days noticed that it was very drying and obvious. This is not a good product for undereye circles.

I then read some makeup blogs and I found a good one at redpointbeauty.com called NOC out compact and they were having a sale for 50% off. So I ordered that one and was pleased with the creamy texture. Another one that has been recommended for undereye but I've only tried out in the store is the theBalm time balm concealer at Sephora. Anyway, I love Nordstrom's return policy. Even though I used it - though only a few times, they took it back no questions asked. I will be more careful about buying makeup in the future because I hate to return things.

This concealer didn't work at all for me. It is very thick and sticky almost, and settles into the one fine line under my eye. It looked really unnatural and cakey on my face, especially under my eyes, and it didn't even give me full coverage. I'm pretty sure it broke me out as well. >:( I didn't like this. I do love the packaging, however. The sleek black pot and snap open lid is so cute!!! This doesn't make up for the bad concealer, though. I got this in NW25.

on 6/27/2009 10:41:00 PM

I feel like this is thick but not creamy. I just don't like it at all. I feel like it settles into my lines. Theres better concealers out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have this concealer in NW 35. This product gives maximum all day coverage. However, it is NOT 100% noncomedogenic and if you do use it on a daily basis it can actually contribute to clogged pores. I actually learned that quickly after I got it and started using it on a daily basis. I think that this concealer is absolutely perfect for providing full coverage concealing whereever needed, but because it is quite pore clogging, i simply don't see myself buying this anymore.