MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by age: 36-43
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I buff this in with my flat topped wetnwild brush. I own 2 duos (20/25 & 40/45) & a pot of NC15 the NC15 is for under my eyes & a highlight, the NW-NC20/25 are for blemishes & NW-NC40/45 is for contour. The texture is different it's kind of like stick concealers I really like it thou. The flat top brush works wonderfully & I can't get my fingers into the pot becoz of my nails being so long. This with mac blot powder is all I need for face makeup some days put on brows, a winged eyeliner w mascara & a lipcolor & ur good to go! My fave mac full coverage fdtn is basically a bigger container of this.

on 1/15/2016 2:33:00 AM

One of the best concealers ever!!
I am almost 40 and I have got very dark circles so dark that without any makeup I will look like a junky!!
Studio finish conceals naturally and gives an amazing effect!!BUT remember it is a professional product so you need to apply it professionally!!that means very carefully just a little amount in the shape of a triangle which fades out in the cheeks!!watch videos if you want!!
After a few minutes i dab it with my fingers smoothly and sometimes again and again every hour as a natural habit!!what ever you buy heavy concealers need this movement if you want to avoid creasing
TIP:if you have a great problem as mine take TWO shades one warmer for natural concealing and one cooler for brightening!!
I have bought NW 30 for covering the circles with just a small amount and NC 20 for the internal part of the eye.Very important the spf 35!!only a few in the market offer sun protection!!
However I would not recommend it for very young age!!it is heavy
Of course I will buy it again :)
Price reasonable since there are discounts every almost a couple of weeks in my country!!

on 1/1/2016 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this concealer until now because I adore it. I've repurchased it sooo many times. I use it to conceal red spots and it works a treat. It stays on for hours and hours and I hardly ever need to reapply it during the day. I wouldn't use it to cover dark circles though, but for everything else it's brilliant.

on 8/23/2015 9:09:00 AM

Great for blemishes.

on 7/7/2015 3:52:00 PM

$19 USD. I'll switch foundations and powders, but I've stuck to this concealer for the last few years. Before that, I'd used Cle de Peau, YSL, Chanel, NARS, Laura Mercier, Bobbi, and a ton of others. None come close in color match to my MAC NC20/C2 (light yellow-toned Asian) skin, coverage, price or lasting power. I have a couple of dark spots close to my eyes and redness around the chin, and this makes them all go away. Also, I've used it double-duty as an eye-shadow base/primer (in an emergency) and it worked beautifully! Another thing I do is to dip a Q-tip into it, and use it to rub off the stray mascara and eyeliner smears - it'll remove the black smudge and leave behind a natural-looking base to either reapply shadows or leave as is. I've also mixed a dab of it with moisturizer for tinted-moisturizer. Be warned that it will sink into creases, so it's not for under-eye or crow's feet.

Coverage is medium-heavy. When my face is oilier (around warmer months), I notice that it fades faster and by end of the day, you can start to see the dark spots underneath (~8 hrs). During winters, it's budge-proof. A pot will last a good 3 - 4 months for me as you need so little.

I discovered that if you dab a makeup sponge lightly into the product and dab it on lightly on top of whatever you want to conceal, the texture of the sponge creates a more natural, skin-like look. My favorite sponge to use for this is the square ones included in the Dior powder foundation (I use a brush to apply foundation, so the sponges aren't needed). I have to wash the sponges every few days, however, but it's pretty easy to do. I just soak it overnight in a brush cleanser (love the MUA DIY version), and next day rinse in hot water.

I stopped carrying this around, because the domed top is prone to cracking and breaking off, so I really wish MAC would fix that. A more sturdy top would be really nice!

on 6/28/2015 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have purchased this several times over the past 10 years or so. It is easily one of the best I've ever used. The formula hasn't changed much since the nineties because it has a huge cult following and it's excellent. It comes in a pot with a flip-top lid like the small eyeshadows.

MAC has expanded the range of flesh tones significantly since its inception. I can, and have, actually bought and used 3 different colors over the years. Right now I'm using NW15 for undereye circles because it's a little peachy but NC15 would have been the best choice because it counteracts blue and my complexion is fair. The SA convinced me to get NW15. Both are good colors for me. (I'm Sand in Bobbi Brown.) A few years ago I went through a self-tanning phase and my complexion was a little darker so I used NC20. You may find that you can use more than one color successfully depending on the time of year and what type of flaw you are covering.

Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35 costs $19 and lasts for months because it's so concentrated. I really think it's a good value if you like the texture and coverage.

It is thick. It is FULL coverage. It is not for the faint of heart. Before I discovered Cle de Peau, this was the only concealer I liked and the only one I recommended to friends.

It's a cream concealer that sets to a semi-matte finish. It will cover blemishes. It is opaque enough to cover dark undereye circles. It is a favorite of professional makeup artists. It's the one you want for photographs on special occasions. It applies best with a concealer brush and then you can blend with fingertips. If I'm out doing errands or working, I just use my fingers for touch-ups.

I personally don't have a problem with it creasing, but I don't use a lot of eye cream either. MAC makeup artists usually tell you to set it with powder and this is supposed to prevent it from creasing. I have seen women apply concealer over crow's feet, and then complain about the product. Concealer isn't the best thing for crow's feet. It's made to cover discoloration and zits.

Recently when I had inflamed skin that looked like a rash under my eyes, this was one of the only makeup products I could use. It covered the redness and reminded me of why I fell in love with MAC in the first place. However, if you have rosacea, do test this on a sensitive spot before buying - everyone is different and I have heard a complaint or two of tingling. Try it at the counter to make sure it's safe for you.

As with all concentrated products, I wouldn't call it foolproof - it requires some skill to use it. If you find it's too thick for you, a good concealer with less coverage (but easier to blend) is Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. That still covers pretty well and comes in a tube with a wand applicator.

I wish this didnt settle in lines and I wish it stayed put all day but it doesnt im using it but still on the hunt for a better concealer the best thing about this concealer is the cute lil packaging and the fact that you can use the entire product unlike the mac concealer in the glass bottle but other than that I think I may try the boing concealer next.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

too cakey for me. too heavy and doesnt really blend at all. i dont know if its my face or this type of concealer. i would not buy again.

on 1/19/2015 10:54:00 AM

I have very dark under-eye dark circles and this does an excellent job of covering them upto 80-90%. This is a very creamy product - If your under-eye skin area is dry (like mine), then you need to moisturize first, else the product creases. Use a good moisturizer or emollient cream.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Love this stuff. Wears well under the eyes - only a small amount needed. Covers spots better than anything else I've tried, though it does need to be set with powder. It's also the only thing I've found which covers hyperpigmentation well.

I've tried and disliked-
Dermablend: turns greasy and gives me whiteheads
Laura Mercier: breaks me out, slides or separates (and yes, I have been shown how to use it!)
Bourgois healthy mix concealer: breaks me out and turns orange
Rimmel, Covergirl, Maybelline, Revlon, Collection 2000, Max Facctor all oxidise a pretty orange colour.

Other good ones are Lancome Anti cernes and, Clinique airbrush.