MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

on 3/8/2018 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG concealer. I have been using this for years and will continue to repurchase. I use the shade NC30 which is pretty close to my natural skin colour on my dark circles and on any other more pigmented areas of my face such as around my mouth and on my forehead. Afterwards, I set my face with powder and that's my base done.

The finish is ultra natural - demi-matte, so even though it's on the very heavily pigmented side, it can still be set with a powder without looking dry and creased. It can also go without being set (if I'm using a lot of product on one concentrated area, a powder will be needed to avoid any potential creasing, but if you're just using a little, no powder is fine.)

Because it's so undetectable (in my experience), it's perfect for the no-makeup makeup look. I do apply and blend with my fingers - this is best for warming up the product and achieving said natural look.

Does not crease (unlike every liquid concealer on me), does not budge. My fave forever!

I've been using this for years and am only on my second one - it lasts a while. I used to dab this on under my eyes but it's not at all good for that use. It creases easily on that area and it's not creamy enough to apply it without stretching the thing skin under the eyes. I instead now use it just to cover discolouration and pimples. I apply it with a flat concealer brush and then blend it out with a wet Beauty Blender. I usually do this on top of my liquid foundation and beneath my powder. It's a bit orange for me but none of the other colours is a better match so I put Bare Minerals powder concealer on top in a shade a little lighter and that seems to balance it out. It is not oil free and so I find myself blotting multiple times a day. Same kind of quality as Benefit Boi-ing but I actually prefer that.

on 6/19/2017 4:44:00 AM

I've used these concealer for years now. Soft and blendable formula. Good range of colours with different undertones, making it easier to find a perfect match. Can build up coverage, but concealer does move throughout the day. So if you really want the full coverage look that last all day, then you def need to use foundation and setting powders or bring the concealer along for touch-ups. On the pricey side.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

I've been using this product for a while now and I have formed a love hate relationship with it.

PROS
Long wearing
Full coverage
The product itself has lasted me several months and I haven't hit pan yet.

CONS
It creases terribly - if you have dry under eyes like I do (I have eczema) it will cause them to appear drier than they already are.
Cakey looking/ drying if it's on your face for long periods of time.
Packaging is a bit flimsy - The plastic transparent circle keeps popping out.

If you do have dry skin, it's best to use this without setting powder as it will make you look incredibly dry. The coverage is great and so is the wear so I will admit that I don't mind using the product. Using a hydrating setting spray after application helps with the dryness. I feel that those who don't have dry skin will appreciate this product more.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Not a big fan, doesn't cover my dark circles, a lot of creasing too.

on 1/6/2017 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a student, so I'm a big believer in drug store makeup and dupes, but for the MAC studio finish concealer I make an exception. I have never found another concealer (and I have tried many) that conceals as well, lasts as long, and does not crease. It is expensive, but I use concealer daily on my undereyes, eye lids and brow bone (to hide veins/redness), and blemishes, and this stuff lasts well over a year. A friend of mine got me my first tub of this (I have since repurchased) and she got me NW20, which I never would have chosen because I am very fair, but the pink/orange understones actually mask dark undereye circles amazingly and it is not too orange to be used on the face to cover blemishes. I am also extremely dry so I often have issues with concealers grabbing at dry patches and seperating, but not with this one, which I love. Oh and SPF 35? Yes please. I would definitely recommend this product. To me concealer is one of those things that it's okay to splurge on because I wear it every day and really it 'sets the tone' for my entire face and any other makeup I wear (if that makes sense!). The packaging also makes it very easy to get the desired amount of product out with no waste. My only complaint is that when you get very low on it it is harder to scrape off the side corners with your fingers, but a brush could be used!
Also a tip: since this is a solid it can get a bit stiff in the pot, I find resting my ring finger on it (I apply with clean fingers anyways) really warms it up and makes it easier to work with!

on 11/5/2016 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

amazing for acne scars! it stays on all day despite my oily skin and the hot weather. it doesn't transfer or fade away either. I'd use my finger to apply and blend it in, and I'd be good to go. super small and compact so it's great to take with you on the go or for traveling.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- pigmentation is rich
- not too emollient for packing on textured skin/imperfections
- perfect warm undertone (other brands please pay attention to how MAC does undertones right)

CONS:
- too dry for undereye

on 5/24/2016 12:12:00 PM

This is one of the first concealers I really used and was one of my first MAC purchases so I loved it when I was 18. But now, with so many other options out there I'm not really a fan. I don't remember the color but it has a slight orange tint to it. I have quite a bit left and I use it to carve my eyebrows after I fill them in and will use it to conceal some redness around the nose and blemishes when I'm in a hurry to get ready in the morning for work. I noticed that as opposed to before, again it looks kind of orange-y around my brows and I don't think it's the best. True you do get a lot of product but it's just meh. Also, I think I dropped the package so the plastic part popped out and I have to be careful not to drop it when I open it and place it carefully back when closing. In all it's decent and I'll use up but won't repurchase.

on 4/27/2016 1:00:00 PM

This product is NOT for everyone...

Again i find myself lost in the "hype" of certain products, not paying enough atention to my actual needs and not others...

I bought this expecting a super coverage concealer that could work for both undereye and pimples. Well, yeah... for me, it doesnt really work for either...

Being combo skin, this concealer just MEALTS. For both undereye and acne, it just melts! Its does cover when you apply it to your face, but even with power on top, it will crease or move! Drives me crazy!! I cant trust in this tiny friend to spend the entire day on my face...

I stil use it from time to time when i dont have anything else to put on, and im not going to be out for long, but its def NOT a must have. Probably does wonders for dry skins. After this (and many cream foundations fails) i learn that for oily/combo girls, liquids are the best option.

On a positive note, this does contain A LOT of product (i've had it for years now and barely going down), the packaging is so cute and convenient for travelling and is sturdy enough to not break.

With lasting power, this would be THE BOMB.