MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 9/28/2014 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I did find this concealer quite thick and pigmented but it really did nothing to cover my dark spots when other my light weight concealer a do. It ends up looking too messy when I keep applying more and more to try make it work like it's supposed to but it really doesn't do it for me. However this concealer hasn't gone to waste because I use it to neaten the outer part of my brows after I fill them in and it works well like that :)

Let me start by saying that I was born with the worst, herditary dark eye circles ever. They are every woman's nightmare: big, puffy, purplish-red, and double-bagged. Usually, concealers sold are targeted at one or the other area of concern. So it was naturally difficult for me to find a product that satisfied all my needs. I've gone through clinique, benefit, make up forever, and the amazing concealer. Yes, I'm a vain concealer junkie. But what am I to do!? eyebags are my worst problem. My old concealers were all only able to hide 60% of my eyebags at best.

However, this MAC one fully surpassed every single concealer I've tried, bought and sampled in the past. This one actually manages to cover up 90% of the colour, and thanks to the pink undertones in the one I have (NW20), it actually both corrects and conceals. I heard that it can cover up things like birth marks and tattoos, so this really lived up to expectations colour wise.

Let me tell you ladies that ALL UNDEREYE CONCEALERS SETTLE INTO WRINKLES. There's no escaping from this! It is not the nature of the product, but it's a characteristic of having wrinkles. Im sorry, but this is the cold hard truth. Admittedly, this one sets much less than others I've tried in the past, but minimal undereye powder is needed to ensure that it does not settle into find lines/your eyeliner does not smudge onto your under eye.

Yes, this product can be very drying for your under eye because it is very thick and can be cakey. So what's a girl to do? Just roll on some under eye serum or daub on some eye cream a couple of minutes before applying this product! This should be an essential step to anyone who feels the need to conceal eyebags anyway. I use the clinique all about eyes serum roller. It hydrates my eyes enough to allow the concealer to go on smoothly for the rest of the day.

This product imo is best used with fingers because only do fingers warm up the product, I find that given it's texture, your fingers are a lot more likely to pick up the product than a brush. I got waaaaay better coverage than I did at the MAC store where it was applied with a brush, so it ended up looking even better when I did it myself at home (:

Go ahead, give this a go. You have my word! It's tonnes cheaper than most concealers sold at sephora (which is surprising for MAC) so it's worth a try anyway ;)

HG PRODUCTTTTTTTT <3 <3 <3

on 6/8/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Super creamy, nice coverage and the color nc42 matches me perfectly. Great for blemishes and scars but i wouldn't recommend for under the eye use because its a little thicker and prone to creasing. I like to apply with a dabbing motion either with my finger or a brush. Also I love the classic packaging its a must have in my collection.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is always a staple in my makeup bag. I've experiemented with other concealers but I always come back to this because it lasts the longest, is so easy to use, and has the best match for my golden skin time (NC30). I usually apply it with my ring finger for both my undereye circles and blemishes, but sometimes I use a synthetic bristle brush for ore precise application. I find that it lasts until the end of the day, unlike my other concealers, but it does fade faster on warmer days when I'm sweating. One pot seems to stretch forever, so this is really the best deal when it comes to price.

I recently purchased a pot of these as a supplement concealer for my current (thinning) makeup palette. With my fair-medium complexion, the makeup artist at MAC's counter recommended an NC20 to me. I also requested that she gave me the 'thickest' and 'best for covering blemishes' concealer, and she immediately recommended this one, as compared to the other concealers from MAC.

I've worn this several times and believe I should write a review about it.

Pros:
- The staying power is very good. It is not magnificent (ie will not budge no matter what horrible weather it is put through), but it stayed there for almost 10 hours on my face.
- Consistency. I am biased for this type of creamy-but-not-too-creamy concealers. I usually prefer to use my concealer brush for application as compared to fingers, though I found that the end result is not much different.
- Coverage is good. I do not have any red acne / acne scars right now, so I can't say for sure, but I do have two black/dark acne scars. It covered quite well, so I can't see the scars unless I really zoom in to look at it. I suppose that means most people looking at my face won't notice the scars at all. I was wearing this on top of a very light coverage foundation.
- SPF! Mine, at least came with an SPF of 35, which I believe is a very good addition, because it helps your (dark) scars heal and not be exposed to harmful sunlight.
- Packaging is light and simple, as expected of MAC products. I think it also has a fair bit of products, and considering what a long way a little of this goes, I'm guessing it will last me quite some times.
-Good match. The NC20 disappears to my skin, in a good, imperfection-covering way.

Cons:
- Under-eye wear. It's just my preference, but I like creamier concealers for under-eyes, because I find this type harder to put on and slightly creasing. However, this is just my preference I guess.

Verdict:
Not the perfect (cover absolutely everything) concealer, but have never used a better one either. I have used Benefit's Erase Paste, Too Faced's No Makeup Makeup Palette Concealer (though the color's not that right), Body Shop's concealer, and several drugstore concealers. So far this is the best I've come across! I recommend this for people with no severe imperfections and have other options for their under-eyes.

on 11/27/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is difficult to blend heavy and can get cakey if not set. I was able to achieve a nice look with this but it only look good in photos. In real person it was cakey and ugly. Maybe if it was water based it wouldn't look like that. Mac doesn't serve their oily cilents like they should

I'm incredibly impressed with this concealer! I wanted a full coverage one & thought that Hard Candy would be a good choice since many beauty gurus rave about the coverage that it delivers. However, it costs $20+ when I checked on eBay because of the extremely pricey shipping! Thus, I bought this & had to fork out only $10 more.(Makeup is pricey in Sg) I ABSOLUTELY ADORE IT!! Great coverage! It didn't fully cover the dark spots completely but it's fine. I don't set this with powder & it still lasts a decent amount of time on me! Doesn't look too cakey if you spot treat. ;) Yay!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This has always been in my makeup train. If you have dry skin this isn't for you, it will accentuate your dry spots so much. If you want to use this, you have to moisturize really really well for this to look nice. Warm it up with the heat of your fingers before you apply this. This is great at covering acne scars and acne and doesn't make me break out. If you have the makeup primer La base, this would work for you dry skin too.

on 8/21/2013 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this concealer!! It covered my dark circles so well!

It did last for most of the day. I did notice that it faded a tad when I get home from a long day but it's nothing noticeable. I'm actually really impressed with how long it lasts for a concealer without a primer. Make sure you wear a primer either way.

Only downside is that it settles into fine lines. This concealer works better for me when I use my fingers instead of a brush. I love applying this after I put on my "studio fix fluid" in NC45.

Although it's a bit pricey, it's definitely worth it. I bought this pot a year ago and I've still got a long way to go 'till I hit pan. It feels so smooth on my skin. It's SO easy to blend. It literally just melted in. It gives you such flawless looking skin. This concealer makes the biggest difference. Love it! + the smell doesn't bother me at all.

Highly recommend!

on 6/4/2013 6:24:00 AM

This will last you a loong time, I've had my NC30 for 6months and I'm about half way through it and I use it everyday. I've been wanting to try other concealers but this still hasn't ran out yet! It gets the job done, but can seem to enhance dry spots if you don't moisturise properly. I need to do 2 layers over darker scars and undereyes. Other than that it's pretty good :)