MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Tan age: 18 & Under
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My current favorite spot concealer and undereye concealer for everyday, I have it in NC35 which is the perfect match for me (the MAC makeup artist matched me NW40 which was too dark and orange and she claims it will conceal blemishes! Outrageous. Trust your own judgements, ladies). I barely touch my Pro Longwear one, which I use for full glam (highlight and contouring), because of this concealer. I recommend using a clean eyeliner brush (those thin, pointed ones) for spot concealing then gently blending it by tapping with a synthetic-hair blending brush that is densely packed (I use the Real Techniques eye blender brush). I find that tapping it with your fingers will take away the coverage.

on 9/25/2014 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My HG concealer. A little goes such a long way with this small guy. Very pigmented and I experience very little creasing. I say very little because creasing is unavoidable when it comes to all concealers. The only thing you can do is prolong the time that it doesn't crease. Anyway, you may think you may not be getting much product from this jar, but honestly, you are mistaken. This "little" pot contains 7g of product whereas most contain 3g. Boi-ing Concealer for example looks huge in comparison to Mac Studio Finish Concealer, but it only contains 3g. Don't be fooled by packaging! Always read the amount! The only reason I gave this guy a 3 for packaging is because It's exactly the same as Mac Full Coverage Foundation which is $31 and has almost triple the amount of product. But sadly, it is not as readily available at Mac stores as this one. Moral of the story, if you constantly use this on a daily basis, I would say just by the Mac Full Coverage online. But, this is still a wonderful product.

on 12/9/2013 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Firstly, people claim this concealer is "cakey". don't listen to them for two reasons: (1) this is MAC's high coverage concealer, so it's bound to be thicker than any other and (2) you literally only need a little tiny but to cover your whole face. people may find it cakey because they apply too much. This concealer is so good at covering blemishes, but I would not recommend it for under the eye as it would crease. if you're looking for a spot/acne concealer, this is the one for you. I've had mine for about a month now and doesn't even look like I've used it! It looks 100 times better if you apply with a concealer brush, so make sure you get one!:)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like this concealer but I have tried better (Nars radient creamy concealer $28) but for $18 I'd say it's pretty good. This concealer has full coverage but can get really cakey and when I use it to conceal my bad under eye circles it made my under eyes seem a weird color. I think this is a good concealer, not great but it does the job. I won't be buying this again because it doesn't compare to the Nars concealer.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

only mac concealer I have tried but I love it! covers blemishes perfectly but sometimes creases undereyes, gives very good coverage and lasts! definatly worth the price

on 5/17/2013 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

i have been using this for about 2 years. I LOVE IT. it conceals like no other concealer! i have REALLY REALLY BAD dark circles. they are hereditary so when i dont get enough sleep, it looks even worse! those days the darkness still kind of shows through, but i do have really bad dark circles, its unbelievable how bad they are.
one of the two things i do not like about this, it does crease a little bit. setting it with powder helps though. the reason i gave it a 3/5 for packaging though is because when the concealer is almost done, i have to kind of dig it out. and sometime gets into my nails . yuck. but overall, the best concealer i have tried so far. this is definitely my HG concealer because it gives amazing coverage.
and this concealer creases the least for me of all the concealers i have tried. this and laura mericer are the only high end concealers i have tried.
and my under eye fine lines are prone to creasing. i bought it for $24 CAD at The Bay.
EDIT* forgot to say that i sometimes use this to conceal my acne marks and scars and my acne, when it was really bad. it covered it really well.
Tip: when you are applying this, warm it up with your finger. just rub your finger into the pot a little than apply. this has made it easier for me to apply and for a while i didnt do this, but i just started doing this and it has helped my eye area not look so dry.
This product will only fully work on the eye area if you warm it up first. this is gonna sound weird but...I have also found that if you "blow dry" it for about 30 seconds it warms up really well. and makes application a lot easier. dont blow dry too close of course

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I like this product because it is very full coverage and great for covering up blemishes or acne scars. while 18$ is kind of pricy, this concealer will last you a really long time so you get your money's worth. it's also easy to apply because you can just use your fingers and its not hard for me to blend. I was surprised when this concealer didn't break me out because it is thick and i think it's safe to use over acne

however it's not that great as an undereye concealer because it tends to crease or look cakey. the staying power also isn't amazing, especially when I use this under my eyes alone. while the packaging makes it really compact and easy to use, it is not hygienic. also I don't think this would be good for dry skin

overall, this is a good concealer but I'm probably going to start trying other concealers soon to find something that ill really love

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I finally found out that I'm somewhere between NC30-35. NC30 is too light, NC35 appears decidedly orange on me, I wish they'd come up with NC32/33 because I love this concealer! It's like a thick cream that's super easy to blend, I have some minor blemish marks and this covers them effortlessly. I tried using it for my under eye circles, and it doesn't crease at all. It also stays put despite the many time I wash my face with water, I tend to wash my face a lot during the day and this doesn't come off. I have normal to oily skin but this doesn't slide off and transfer. I just wish they'd come up with a wider shade range because I love this. Would repurchase, probably NC30 next time.

EDIT: sad to report that I have to deduct a lippie. It's not by any means bad, it doesn't break me out either. But unfortunately, this makes me look so dry. I have combination skin and even after exfoliating, moisturising, etc, it would just cling to dry patches, making me look like I have scaly cheeks. I don't know if it's because I've had it for so long that the formula has turned dry but it just doesn't cut it anymore. won't repurchase :(

on 5/19/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm on my second pot of this, so you can tell I like it a lot! I have even, clear skin so I normally just dust powder on. BUT I get 2/3 hours of sleep a night. So i take clean fingers and pat a touch of this under my eyes and on the outer corners, then dust powder on to set. It stays ALL day. It does tend to crease/settle into the fine lines around my eyes, but a quick pat with my ring finger and it's all sorted out. I have it in NW20, and NW25!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This concealer is one of the best and cheapest concealers out there I have it in four different shades and I use it for everything. it's a bit thick and cakey for the under eye circles but if you worm it up and use it with a blending brush you will immediately fall in love it's really a beautiful thing. I don't really have acne so I can't speak for the coverage of that but it covers up tattoos beautiful!