MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by eye Color : Black
MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 4/20/2018 2:03:00 PM

great coverage for dark circles but it will crease a lot if you dont moisturize undereyes before applying this concealer. I rub in a drop of almond oil underneath and blend in the concealer with makeup sponge. Then i set it with translucent powder.

on 11/29/2017 11:50:00 AM

I got this concealer to cover my acne scars and I think it does a good job. My only problem is that sometimes it can look a little cakey on my skin. Also, it dries out in winter and I have to spend a good amount of time rubbing my finger in it just to get it on.

on 1/14/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't like the consistency. It's not creamy enough for me to use under eyes and that's where I mainly need concealer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I never tried this as an under eye concealer. I'm using it to cover up my acne scars. I'm not sure how people are claiming that it covers acne scars beautifully, at least that is not happening with me. My mac foundation shade is nc42 (perfect match). But nc42 shade in this concealer is little light if applied directly but it blends well and matches my skin. However from acne scar concealing point of view, it provide semi coverage (about 60% coverage). Also it stick to my dry patches (that I got from acne medication). Overall not very happy with it.

on 12/5/2015 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Had I read these reviews before my impulse purchase I might not had bought this at all. The most frequent complaints are: crease (I have flaky skin at certain spots), slip easily (very oily here), sink into lines (hanging to my 'youth') . These are the words I am scared of.

However this is truly an example of Your Mileage May Vary when it comes to cosmetics. There is no way this is highlighting my flakes or slipping away from my skin. I dab some with my finger, warm it up around my wrist, dab it to certain spots, smooth it away with fingers or sometimes Beauty Blender and that's it. I have soft, dewy, luminous skin. Will it fade? Of course, but very subtly without creasing and no settling into lines whatsoever. I am still amazed that this actually work for me while fellow oily ladies are running away from it.

Bought this to cover some scars on my face. Bought this in 2 shades. First in NW30, but it was too dark during winter season so I bought a shade lighter, NW25.

The quality is good, but ever since I've discovered Dermablend concealer, I would say, that Dermablend is a better concealer.

But for this MAC concealer, it covers well too, not cakey, spreads well. Good consistency. However, for the size of the pot, and the price of it, not really fond of that fact. Anyway, all MAC make up are expensive because of the brand name that comes with it. Just sometimes, the quality is not that superb for its price. You can find a cheaper dupe.

Will not buy again. Will just finish what is left on both pots of concealer that I have now.

on 7/7/2015 3:52:00 PM

$19 USD. I'll switch foundations and powders, but I've stuck to this concealer for the last few years. Before that, I'd used Cle de Peau, YSL, Chanel, NARS, Laura Mercier, Bobbi, and a ton of others. None come close in color match to my MAC NC20/C2 (light yellow-toned Asian) skin, coverage, price or lasting power. I have a couple of dark spots close to my eyes and redness around the chin, and this makes them all go away. Also, I've used it double-duty as an eye-shadow base/primer (in an emergency) and it worked beautifully! Another thing I do is to dip a Q-tip into it, and use it to rub off the stray mascara and eyeliner smears - it'll remove the black smudge and leave behind a natural-looking base to either reapply shadows or leave as is. I've also mixed a dab of it with moisturizer for tinted-moisturizer. Be warned that it will sink into creases, so it's not for under-eye or crow's feet.

Coverage is medium-heavy. When my face is oilier (around warmer months), I notice that it fades faster and by end of the day, you can start to see the dark spots underneath (~8 hrs). During winters, it's budge-proof. A pot will last a good 3 - 4 months for me as you need so little.

I discovered that if you dab a makeup sponge lightly into the product and dab it on lightly on top of whatever you want to conceal, the texture of the sponge creates a more natural, skin-like look. My favorite sponge to use for this is the square ones included in the Dior powder foundation (I use a brush to apply foundation, so the sponges aren't needed). I have to wash the sponges every few days, however, but it's pretty easy to do. I just soak it overnight in a brush cleanser (love the MUA DIY version), and next day rinse in hot water.

I stopped carrying this around, because the domed top is prone to cracking and breaking off, so I really wish MAC would fix that. A more sturdy top would be really nice!

on 5/22/2015 10:26:00 AM

This is a great concealer it gives full coverage and can be applied over foundation without looking dry or cakey it is not oily. Not for the undereyes it can be drying. The color matches perfectly blend in with the foundation without look like I have light or darker color spot of concealer.The only con is that it caused tiny bumps like whiteheads around and under my nose and laugh line where I used to cover my redness also some small minor breakouts where I applied it to cover my red spots and acne scars.

on 5/5/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

So I first used MAC Studio Finish Concealer in 2007-2008. At the time my color was NC50 or so I thought. NC50 seems to be the color every Chocolate Woman wears from MAC. Anyway .. I didn't like the yellowish undertone it gave my skin. It was Too yellow & at the time it left me looking very oily after a few hours .. Now today is a different story. I've found the perfect color match for my complexion ( NW40 Under eye & highlight, NW45 color correction for blemishes & discoloration due to its orange/pinkish undertone & NW50 for skin color match ). Amazing results when all three shades are blended with a damp Beauty Blender & set wit MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural ( Deepest Dark ). My Makeup lasts all day, it does not oxidize to a darker shade or leaves me looking grayish or ashy. It's gives AMAZING results when you find the right color match & application technique. Now I will say it may come off a bit yellowish in pictures due to the SPF, but it depends on the lighting as well. But overall I haven't had any major issues when it came to taking selfies lol .. When my skin gets oily an Oil Absorbing Blotting sheet ( preferably E.L.F ) gets the job done. No need for touch ups unless it's truly a hot day. And living in Fl it's always hot but my makeup never melts :-D

on 2/2/2015 2:18:00 PM

I was loyal to The Body Shop concealer for years before since I was in University... then I try to buy this on NC35 together when I bought my Mineralize mouisture spf 15 foundation NC42... This is the BEST concealer ever!!!! well i might need to buy a new one with brighter colour as my skin is getting back to its normal tone (I bought thia NC35 after I had few days of sun bathing)