Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense Facial Moisturizer SPF 50

Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense Facial Moisturizer SPF 50

2.8

Ingredients: Medicinal ingredients % w/w: octinoxate 7.5%, octocrylene 7%, oxybenzone 6%, titanium dioxide 5.7%, octisalate 5% Non-medicinal ingredients: purified water, glycerin, propylene glycol, dimethicone, cyclomethicone, vinylpirolidone/eicosene copolymer, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate (and / et) PEG-100 stearate, potassium cetyl phosphate, phenoxyethanol, aluminum hydroxide, triethanolamine, dimethiconol, methylparaben, chlorphenesin, cetyl alcohol, ethylparaben, carbomer copolymer, disodium EDTA, tocopherol/soya oil, xanthan gum

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have super oily, clog prone skin. I got this because the Cetaphil Bar Cleanser has been good to me & I have really sensitive skin. This is basically a moisturizing sunscreen: thick, white casted, makes you shiny. I only use this during the day as it has spf 50+ but since this is a moisturizer I take extra precaution & add my Coppertone Sensitive Skin spf 50+ sunscreen to it to ensure the sun throughout the day doesn't make me red, itchy, irritated & sunburnt. I would never wear this under makeup but for what it is I can deal with the heavieness & shine to avoid using a matte day lotion that will break me out horribly because my skin is just that sensitive.

on 5/19/2015 10:29:00 PM

Slightly disappointed at this sunscreen ... It's sticky, clogged my pores, made my face oily in 2 hours (I have dry skin ...) and leaves a white cast .... Hmmmm .. Is there anything good about this ?

To Read all 95 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product is SO not worth buying. It left my face looking very shiny and feeling like i had this greasy film on it, it would always end up running into my eyes and making them blurry. It has broken out my skin everytime i have worn it. Plus, I am not a fan of it's unpleasant sunscreen smell either. I have only used it on bare skin, and not under makeup too, as it know that it would totally leave my makeup looking like an absolute mess.

I honestly tried to put up with this stuff, but there's more going wrong for this product than there is going right. Overall, it was an absolute waste of my money. And, i don't recommend it to anyone.

on 1/19/2015 9:26:00 PM

"Gross. Gross. Ugh. What have I done?"

That's how I felt almost immediately after putting this stuff on. Like I had made a big mistake putting this on my skin... like I had just put on a full facial mistake mask. I wished that I could go back in time and undo my decision. I felt like I had unintentionally poisoned myself... a feeling that was only intensified after I read the ingredients... and I was compelled to read the ingredients by the feeling of this stuff on my face and hands... it just felt WRONG.

This product was recommended to me, and I took that recommendation too lightly. I am chiding myself for having not read the ingredients first.

octinoxate
cetyl alcohol
ethylparaben
carbomer copolymer
disodium EDTA

If I had read that list before I would have never asked my skin to absorb this into my body.
If you wouldn't feel comfortable swallowing this compound, then why would you put it into your skin? If you read these ingredients on a food product and would have no qualms ingesting this chemical cocktail orally, then maybe this lotion is for you. In which case I have an almost full container for you, because there is absolutely no way I am using this again.

on 8/15/2014 10:29:00 PM

My boyfriend suggested this per his dermatologist. It does moisturize well although a bit sticky. The white tint is impossible to blend. Would not buy again.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This stuff is good nicely moisturizes, but can look greasy and leave a white-ish tint.. Because of all the sunscreen in it. I do like that it has SPF 50 in it to protect you from the sun.

on 2/24/2014 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I feel like this is getting crappy reviews because This product definitely should be advertised for DRY skin. It's far too emollient for oily skin. That being said, I enjoy it for what it is. It moisturizers and provides sun protection. I have combo skin, so it is a bit shiny, but I always powder before leaving the house anyway, and that solves the issue for me. Packaging is great and sanitary, and best of all, it doesn't break me out. In conjunction with the cleansing bar my skin has actually become more clear!

on 12/20/2013 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really love this sunscreen, it is light and not too greasy. It doesn't feel too heavy on your face and it is a really good moisturiser. It's only downside is that it makes your face look a but greasy/shiny. I only wear this sunscreen when I go running, as people can tell that you are wearing sunscreen even though it doesn't leave a white cast.

on 8/22/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love love this product first time sunscreen don't break me out, also love the packaging easy clean and on the go, also I'm on accutane and my skin very dry this also work as moisturizer form my skin , love it

on 8/20/2013 4:09:00 PM

I have spent 25 yrs, thousands of dollars and numerous doctors / dermatologists looking for a moisturiser which I could use on my very sensitive (face) skin. Up until my latest dermatologist suggested Cetaphil the only product which did not 'burn' my skin was Vaseline petroleum jelly (ugh!). Now that I live in Oz having found one with an SPF feels like a godsend. I broke out in spots for the first few weeks (not a usual reaction for me) but persevered and am now extremely happy with the product. I use the moisturising cream at night and have no complaints. I also suffer from poikiloderma on my neck which has been treated with lasers, Cetaphil has not exacerbated the condition in any way.