Too Faced Lockdown Cream Shadow - Prisoner of Love

No Image

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this product!! I bought Bedroom Eyes and Dramarama as well, which are also both fantastic! Working as a flight attendant i'm constantly battling cabin pressure so its a struggle to find make up that stays in place for the whole day. This baby doesn't budge OR crease! At the end of my shift it looks just as it did when I left the bathroom mirror: Miracle product! and only $15 from strawberrynet!

on 1/20/2011 6:20:00 PM

I got really lucky and picked this up for $5 this year during their Vintage Sale.
With that said, even if it was full priced I will buy this product again! It's just as good as TFSI or UDPP but has a nice sheer shimmery pink color. It's like the best of both worlds. I use this under a lot of my pink/purple shadows to make the colors pop. I haven't had any problems with creasing or fading. It makes my cheaper shadows (Wet n Wild, ELF, NYX) all look and feel like the higher end brands. I hope they won't discontinue this!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this product. Lockdown Prisoner of Love does not budge...it's a very sheer pink with hints of glitter. This eyeshadow is great and comes in a squirty tube which allows you to get more bang for your buck ! :)

on 12/1/2009 8:39:00 PM

This is a wonderful product. Too Faced Shadow Insurance is one of my favorite eyeshadow bases, so I figured I would like this as well. I do! I like that they've combined the TFSI with a pigment. This is a medium pink color. It is the same color as the Laura Mercier metallic color creme in pink gold, but I like the TF product better because it doesn't crease (LM does). You can wear this product alone or with a powder shadow over it. It wears well either way. I would definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

EDITED on 5/12/12: This is pretty shimmery, and I never wear it anymore. Deducted 2 lippies.

I love this product. To me, it has all the advantages of Shadow Insurance (long lasting, no creasing, makes color pop) without that greasy water coming out or the bad smell.
I use this as a base very often and really like it.

on 2/16/2009 5:16:00 PM

Product Info: They go for $18.50 @ Sephora and are shaped just like the TFSI bottle is, so it's easy to apply on a brush if you'd like. I absolutely love these. UD has a run for their money, IMO! These go on super smooth, with I believe @ least 6 diff colors to choose from. To combine TFSI with a pigment is a great idea! Even though they say metallic and shimmery, I don't find them to be either which is a major plus for me cause I can't stand too much shimmer or metallicy pigments! This is a great base, or if you are running out the door and you want to just throw something on! I will be purchasing more!

on 1/25/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I cannot believe that no one has already reviewed this product. I think Urban Decay Primer Potion has a new rival! I noticed Lockdown (LD) in Sephora a few days ago. A Too Faced rep was there and she showed me some of the newer products offered by Too Faced. She mentioned her oily lids and said that she used Lockdown and swore by the results of it. Since I have uber oily lids, I was all ears at this point. She mentioned that Shadow Insurance (another great product) is mixed into the LD and that is why it stays in place when used. I ended up purchasing Prisoner Of Love which is a beautiful pink color. I tried LD the next morning when I was doing my makeup, the pink turns out to be very sheer but it is buildable. however, I only wanted to use it as a base, so I was not very concerned with the sheerness of it. I finished my EOTD (with Prisoner of Love as a base) and everything turned out quite lovely. I had no problems with creasing throughout the day. Ever so often, I checked my EOTD and was quite pleased with the way LD was holding up. Finally, my day ended at 10 hours later. I checked my eyes out when I got home and was pleased and quite amazed at how great my eyeshadow still looked. Nothing budged!! After a full day and then some, my eyeshadow was still holding up and looking quite good. I've been using LD for almost a week now and the results have been the same everytime. I love this stuff. It is a wonder-product in my book and I will definitely be going back to Sephora for more of the colors that are offered. I dont think that I am ready to say goodbye to UDPP but I am definitely glad that I have choices of what to use as a base now. Besides, LD comes in 6 (?) different colors and can be used as a base or alone as a shadow and UDPP is solely a base so there is room for both of these amazing products in my life.