Olay Complete Radiance Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

on 12/11/2005 2:26:00 AM

This was complete flawlessness in a compact. Perfect match on my skin!! It was a moisturizing powder foundation, even if that sounds implausible. I even went on ebay and bought it for around 20 bucks after it was discontinued.

on 2/7/2004 7:57:00 PM

I thought this was more of a powder than a true foundation. I loved the way it went on and looked, but it never offered enough coverage for me. Think I'll stick with liquid makeups, they go on more evenly and cover better for those oh, not so good skin days.

on 7/6/2003 5:38:00 PM

Tried this again and now I remember why I didn't like it the first time..made my skin itch and it does not go on smoothly.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Ok, when I heard that this product might be the same thing as the MF FaceFinity I've been anxious to try (but it's not here in the US yet), I jumped at the chance to try this product before it's all gone, and I'm so glad I did!

I didn't exactly know what to expect, as I'd already found my holy grail foundation so never bothered looking at others. I was surprised to find that this was a powder compact, but unlike others I have used in the past. This is not just a pressed powder touch up type of product -- I was amazed to find that this powder (which comes with a soft sponge pad to apply with) gave me full coverage like any liquid/stick foundation I've tried in the past, but felt featherlight on my face. I was shocked because I never thought a powder could ever provide such coverage! I did the ultimate test (for me) by using it alone, with no other makeup or concealor, and it passed with flying colors. I had a perfect color match (Fair Honey), had a smooth even complexion, and no oiliness at ALL, even hours after application.

I would liken this product to a mineral foundation, but in a pressed form minus any shimmer that sometimes comes with a mineral foundation.

For $13 and change, this is one higher priced drugstore item that I would gladly spend the money on again. This will be particularly great for weekends, when my family is waiting around for me to "put on my face" -- now I can powder and go!

I'm only sorry I didn't find out about it sooner, now that it's about to be discontinued, but if I'm lucky, the MF FaceFinity will be the same thing (and will hit the US before I run out of THIS product LOL!).