Crabtree & Evelyn Azzemour

No Image

on 5/12/2007 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is an incredibly exotic heady oriental spice mixture that smells like what the finest oriental courtesan would be wearing as she entertained men. It makes a lasting impression and makes me think of crumbling temples in jungles, dark streets with neon signs where strange things happen, and sex. Good, mysterious, exciting sex.
I can never forget this scent. It is rich and earthy. Intoxicating.

on 1/24/2007 9:28:00 AM

I received Azzemour as a package of pre-owned scents from eBay. I wanted the Eau de Patou, which I adore but I am in LOVE with Azzemour. Like most C&E scents it is subtle in its notes but longlasting in its potency.On a cold winter day like today this fragrance is most comforting. It reminds me of a soft cashmere sweater. I will buy other bottles from eBay to stockpile since Azzemour is discontinued.

on 1/2/2007 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Seems like Azzemour is now experiencing some kind of death by dumping. Marshalls & TJ Maxx seem to be well-stocked with it and it's selling at dirt-cheap prices. This accessibility is probably striping this product of its mystic, maybe, if that sort of thing matters to you. So my sister buys some for herself and another 3.4 oz EDT bottle for me, since I told her how much I love the Azzemour bath gel. Lucky for all of us! This is a beautiful scent that's delicate and discretely sprinkled with some spices. Although it evokes a lazy sensuality, it's tame enough to wear to the office. The EDT is too discrete, too quiet though, and an EDP might have been about perfect. I tried looking for its notes, but all Google brought up were tons of eBay listings and that's about it. I did come across a forum that listed its notes and named the frag that C&E replaced it with; I'll search for that again, maybe, and list the link if that's OK.

BTW the bottle and box are just beautiful and some great talent went into this.

UPDATE: After wearing several of my "5 lippie" frags, I realized that the quality gap between them and Azzemore is too wide, so I dropped from a 4 to a 3. Wish I can rate this 3.5 or 7 out of 10; it's better than just mediocore. continued >>

I got this as a Xmas gift (a set with shower gel, body cream, and soap) I wasn't sure about the scent at first. But, I really like it now. It reminds me a bit of Laura Ashley No.1. I wear the body cream with my L.A. often. I think the body cream has great staying power.
The scent is heavier than I am used to wearing. The cream alone is enough to keep me scented. I cannot see wearing this in the Summer. It is definitely a winter weather scent. I can't smell orange peels at all. I actually like orange; but, I still don't smell any.

I really enjoyed this fragrance from the very first moment!
It's very feminine and oriental, but not cloying and gross like many orientals!
I clearly smell a violet-y note in it at the beginning, then it's light spices and sandalwood.
It's a warm fragrance that makes a cosy atmosphere around me without being overwhelming! it's also soothing.
I just had a vial, now finished, and I couldn't test it with other people. I had an impression that it fades away quiete fast and this could be the only "down" in this fragrance.
I don't know if it could be a new HG, I should test it for a longer period. Maybe I will go for that when I finish my extra-large bottle of Narciso Rodriguez!

on 4/17/2005 11:44:00 PM

When my husband bought this for me I was a little apprehensive of what it would be like as I am a floral fan and don't usually go for orientals unless they are particularly special. And this one is, give it a go and you won't be disappointed. The dry down is extremely sexy and mysterious. I love it and will repurchase once my bottle has gone.

on 7/18/2002 4:59:00 PM

This is disgusting. It's a cross between bitter and rancid orange peels and smoke. After checking out a fragrance website where you can see fragrance recommendations based on fragrances that you love, this was shown to me and ugh, thank God for sample vials. Nasty nasty nasty stuff that could literally be used as a bug repellant.

on 12/10/2002 11:19:00 PM

Here's what C&E have to say about Azzemour: "Nominee Best Fragrance 2002 Fragrance Foundation Awards. As warm and luxurious as fine cashmere, our Azzemour fragrance is a complex blend of sensuous floral notes of African violet,
gardenia and Moroccan rose warmed
with exotic amber, rare spices and sandalwood." I smelled the Azzemour potpourri and fell in love with it, so I bought the perfume, assuming it would smell the same. It was a mistake -- should have figured this out from Spring Rain. C&E has a problem making their perfumes smell like the corresponding soaps, potpourri, lotions, oils, etc. As Azzemour perfume dries down on my skin, it loses its full range of (rather impressive) aromatic components and becomes common-smelling. BUT -- I still love Azzemour oil (for lightbulb rings), and use it in my house. Everyone asks what that wonderful scent is -- not so when I wear (wore) Azzemour perfume.

on 1/3/2004 9:37:00 AM

i sprayed Azzemour on my wrist and observed how it evolved thruout the day. it is a warm, amber scent, true to its colour :) lovely bottle, great price. it reminds me of Arabian sensuality, a dark beauty. rich and musky. it fades faster than other of C & T's scents, like Summer Hill, though. dry-down is less "thick" and more "common".

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Instant sensuality in a bottle!
I LOVE Azzemour-the packaging is beautiful, with the lacy filigree bottle holding its warm amber liquid, and the scent is phenomenal! This is strictly a cool-weather scent, as it is very long-lasting and rich. Men love it-my boyfriend practically tackled me last weekend when I wore it-he said, "I just love that perfume you're wearing...it smells soo good!" That's enough encouragement for me! I didn't know it had Gardenia notes in it, but it figures-I love Gardenias!

Popular Fragrances