Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

3.7

Skin Foundation SPF 15 – (Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50 and Titanium Dioxide 1.00) Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Silica, Magnesim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 10/16/2018 6:03:00 AM

I have this in the palest shade, Alabaster and it is a great match for my pale skin. But it shows up every tiny bit of dry skin that I didn't even know I had, and sinks in to every fine line and emphasizes them. I like the light coverage and it surprisingly covers my redness really well. It looks ok at first but after a couple of hours it becomes a greasy mess and feels really sticky and uncomfortable, and I have dry skin. You can't touch your face at all or it transfers straight off on to your hand. I wouldn't repurchase.

I got colour matched very well in store and even had a full face applied. I bought the foundation brush at the same time, but since then I have not been impressed.

It gives a lovely dewy finish and I look very fresh after application, but it's almost impossible not to get steaks when using the brush and it doesn't even go on well with a beauty blender either. No matter how I prepare my skin before application, the stuff just doesn't stick, it seems to sit on the surface as if you'd smeared it onto glass, which makes it difficult to build and means that within a few hours it has slipped anywhere you've touched your face.

on 8/4/2018 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. It's very light and buildable so if you're looking for more coverage you can do a couple extra pumps. The color (warm beige) matches my skin better than any color I've found from any other brand. I'm half black, light/medium with yellow undertones and for some reason, it's difficult to find colors that suit me. It's expensive and I die a little inside everytime I have to replace it, but it doesn't break me out (i'm acne prone) so it's worth the splurge every few months or so!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm loving how this looks on my mature skin. It gives a beautiful glow yet natural finish. It works well with normal/dry to slightly combination skin which is my skin type. Covers my rosacea but doesn't look like a mask. Enough colors and i found a perfect color to match my skin exactly. I wear warm sand (I'm Nc 20 in MAC) and this color works great for my olive toned skin.

I still need a concealer for my melasma spots but I'm ok with that b/c I don't want full coverage. It feels light enough with a moist finish. Eventually it dries but it takes hours not minutes so it does transfer. This problem could be due to the humidity where I live even in AC.

I don't have a problem with the consistency. I have used my fingers, brushes, and BB to apply and I like my fingers the best. Brush needed fingers after, BB seemed to soak up product, however I loved my Laura Mercier sponge to apply, so fingers were best on first pass and then sponge to smooth out coverage.

Comes in a glass bottle with pump. Has SPF15 which is not serious coverage but can help if you like layering.

Love, love, love this foundation! Truly skin like, and buildable coverage by just patting on more products on area that you need. Even after building coverage, it doesn’t look cakey or heavy. I used my fingers to pat in the foundation, I think the warmth of the fingers helps to melt the foundation in better. I live in a humid country, have combination skin with acne marks and dry patches from my retin-a. The foundation may look more glowy/dewy (not oil slick kind of look) throughout the day, just need to lightly dust some loose powder or pressed powder, and it’s all back to normal. I like it because it looks totally natural on the skin and it evens out the skin nicely without looking too made up.

on 3/26/2018 5:28:00 AM

Ok I LOVE this foundation
I think it's my holy grail and I have been searching for years.
My skin is dry and some foundations that say they for dry skin don't work on me ( nars sheer glow in looking at you)
I love mac face and body ( n1) but I wanted something with a but more coverage but still dewy.
I tried chanel vitalumiere but the colour range is bad ( the lightest shade is my summer shade)
So I got a sample of bobbi brown skin. It's beautiful. It looks like skin but wayyyyy better. It's a light medium coverage. The colour range is great. I'm warm ivory and it's perfect for me.
It lasts well ( with primer and setting spray) and feels like nothing on my skin but make my skin look beautiful.
I 100 percent recommend trying it out.

on 2/17/2018 6:48:00 AM

I got a sample of this and then got a full size. Its fab! It got a lovely sheen but not slippery or oily, it has quite good coverage although not full; i would say medium (coverage is better than Mac face and body but with similar glow). Its also taken me years to find the right shade. It is pricey so ill be saving it for weekends/nights out only. I use Rimmel’s new breathable foundation everyday which is a great drugstore one which i use for work. 😀

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this foundation from day 1. However it needs to be set with powder as I have oily skin. Medium coverage, that is buildable.. Ran out and repurchased, however ended up dropping the new bottle on the floor and cracked it, spilt all over my floor. Love the dewy finish, one of my all time favourite foundations. Nice colour selection. Pricey but worth it.

on 9/13/2017 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've heard great things about the colours of Bobbi Brown's foundations. Being chinese, I find it extremely hard to find a foundation with the right undertones; they are usually to pink even though its the most yellow toned foundation out of their collection. I got matched to number 3, which looked great in store, however when I went home and tried it on again under natural light, the undertone was still not perfect. In fact, it was actually a tad too dark. So I went and laid under the sun and got a bit darker. Not gonna waste this foundation at £34! It offers a quite sheer coverage, which I find after 8 hours will fade despite me using a primer and setting powder on top. I have to literally pat on my setting powder to keep my oily shine under control - I normally just sweep on a light layer so it looks more natural. I do find my face looks a bit dull at the end of the day too, whereas when I have just applied it would look more fresh and glowing. This is a downfall of many foundations I find. I apply this foundation with my Shiseido foundation brush, as I find using a beauty blender will sheer it out even more. Doesn't irritate my skin so thats a good point. I find that the foundation doesn't set immediately after application, it sort of sits on your skin, before sinking in after a while, so don't touch your face after applying! Normally 2 pumps I need for my face. Because of how sheer it is., it does look quite natural on the skin.
Its an ok foundation, I don't find anything spectacular about this foundation, and its not one that I would repurchase. Not worth £34.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of this from a counter and I am not impressed! Such a shame as initially I thought it was going to be perfect

Pros
- Lovely colour match (warm beige)
- Looked very natural
- Felt light on the skin

Cons
- After only a few hours it felt heavy and sticky on the skin
- No lasting power (my t zone was shiny after just 3 hours which doesn't happen with other foundations)
- Gave me a few horrible breakouts which could be due to the spf as I am sensitive to chemical ones (I couldn't find an ingredients list which was strange)