Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

3.7

Skin Foundation SPF 15 – (Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50 and Titanium Dioxide 1.00) Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Silica, Magnesim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really disappointed to be writing this review, because I loved this product so much in-store. It matches my skin tone perfectly and it has a nice coverage that seems very buildable. I balked at the price, but I figured that if it was a good foundation it would be worthwhile. What I found, however, was that it had virtually no staying power, and even the slightest smudge was enough to take off a glob of makeup. Even with setting spray AND primer I have to be extremely careful about not touching my face. Sadly, I think I'll be returning this product, since $60 CAD is awfully pricey for a foundation that needs a lot of extra help to stay on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the super liquid texture and the medium coverage of this foundation, so easy to put on and blend! Looks super smooth, natural and slightly dewy.
Unfortunately, I couldn't make this work with my skin. It sits on top and moves all over the face even with setting powder. I had some breakouts each time I was trying to use it. It transfers everywhere.
SPF 15 isn't sufficient by any means and I'm not sure why it is there. It gives light flashback on pictures (your skin will look two shades lighter than it is). I also find that it oxidizes a bit through the day.
Doesn't worth the money.

on 6/19/2017 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is supposed to be for normal to oily skin. I have combination with an oily T-zone.
Within an hour of application and setting i look like a greaseball. I always have to bake with this foundation and even then i have to blot and re-powder many times a day..very annoying because of the price.

Besides that..it has a watery texture and feels very light on the skin. The finish looks perfect.indeed like skin.

I think for people with normal to dry skin..this foundation would be great...just not for me...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has got to be the single worst non-drugstore foundation I have ever tried. Not only did I get home to discover the so called 'Beige' shade (the coolest tone they seemed to carry) I was matched to was too yellow for me under natural light but worse was to come.
The texture of this foundation is SO runny that by the afternoon of the first day I wore it it had literally ran off my forehead and was pooling in my eyebrows and around the bottom of my chin. I have dry skin (in fact the saleslady specifically recommended this foundation for dry skin, I guess because for normal or oilier its a complete greaseball disaster) and have never experienced this before with any other foundation whether low or high end. And yes, I did use a primer.
Even though I only ever wore it once, I kept finding traces of this foundation everywhere - my clothes, my towels, even my phone. Yuck!

on 4/30/2017 2:13:00 AM

It is a great foundation for mixed/oily skin. It will give you natural look without mask effect. The look is semi matte with healthy luminosity (definitely not too much glow, just a healthy natural look). I have lately tested Guerlain, Chanel, Lancome and Dior foundation. Bobbi's Skin Foundation beats them all.

on 4/25/2017 2:06:00 AM

This is perfect for my skin. I have dry/combination skin. I'm 32 so I have a few wrinkles and some signs of aging. I love this foundation because it feels like you have nothing on at all and has medium coverage and is totally buildable. It's nice and dewy, not oily at all or too shiny just healthy looking and I never have any flaky spots where I would normally in the past. Get a nice foundation brush I use Sephora's 99 I believe foundation brush. It's nice and dense so the product doesn't sink in and stays on top. Anyway it's totally worth it to have a good brush and this foundation deserves it. Then I'll tap my face a little after a few minutes or use a blender to tap it. Anyway I've tried so many foundations and this one changed my life.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this foundation for at least 10 yrs. For some reason lately I have been on a make up buying spree like a zombie apocalypse is about to happen and I will need to have a full face of make up on at all times to survive. Anyways I have probably purchased 10 to 12 different foundations in the last 6 months, all prestige brands for the most part. After trying several different ones, and liking some of them a lot, I still find myself reaching for this one the most. I suspect it is because I know exactly how this one is going to perform under all conditions. For me personally, this is a light to medium coverage foundation and the color match is perfect. I can apply it with my fingers when I am in a hurry, or a beauty blender when I want a more flawless look. It always looks natural on me with either application, my skin just better. I have skin that is on the dry, dehydrated side because I use retinols and acids regularly, but I can get a little oily in my t-zone, especially in the summer. I like the dewy finish I get with this foundation, and I found if I use a primer (I like Becca's new purple one or their backlight one) I get very little transfer. Hope this review helps if you are thinking about trying this foundation.

on 4/16/2017 7:47:00 PM

I'm surprised that this is rated so low! I've tried a lot of foundations from both the same price range and some drugstore ones, but I find myself constantly revisiting this product. It is definitely a lot sheerer than most, but if you're into a more natural, slightly dewy finish, then this is perfect. What I like about it is how perfectly it matches my skin tone (I'm a warm sand), and how it gives me the right amount of coverage, making my skin look even. It's super natural so it ends up looking more like a flawless version of my face, instead of thick and overly made-up. The texture is a little watery so application can get tricky, but once you get it on, it really melts into the skin.

I'm usually a ratings sucker, so I can't understand the low stars on this one! I guess you really have to try things out for yourself and see what works!

on 4/3/2017 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is like water in a bottle. It dribbles off the back of my hand before I can apply it and there is no coverage. It looked so good in the store. What kind of witchcraft did the SA use to not spill it everywhere and manage to get beautiful coverage on my face?

And yes - I used a primer and a paddle brush. The end result? A hot swirly mess of foundation streaks all over my face and a messy bottle from the watery liquid dripping out of the pump.

I'm so disappointed, Bobbi. You're better than this.

I really like it for a dewy, radiant skin look. Got mine in 1 Warm Ivory, although I have a cold undertone. It cancels out all the redness in my face. Looks literally like skin, blends seamlessly. I feel like it requires a different application than my other foundations, definitely:

- use a primer, I use Guerlain L'Or, gives a nice glow to the skin;
- apply with a beautyblender, I have no idea why they recommend a brush, I feel that a sponge gives a more natural finish;
- use cream/liquid highlighter and blush, looks MUCH better than powder with this foundation;
- use a hydrating concealer for under your eyes;
-SET! It really needs a setting spray, powdering it makes it looks weird in my opinion;
- if you get even a little bit oily during the day I would recommend carrying a blotting paper in your handbag;

Overall I would recommend it to anyone with dry to normal skin looking for a dewy finish. Definitely not for mixed or oily skin, would probably melt away after a couple of hours.