Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

3.8

Skin Foundation SPF 15 – (Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% and Titanium Dioxide 1.00%) Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Silica, Magnesim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 6/21/2016 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have tried SO many foundations and got SO many foundation samples and this one WINS. Believe me, I have done my fair share of research into foundations.

Let's start off: For reference, I have dry skin which looks very dull in winter.
My shade Warm Honey is so gorgeous- it makes my skin look healthy and youthful. The texture is perfect, and the finish is a natural satiny look. This is the only foundation that does not cling to my dry patches. Even at the end of the day, my skin looks so healthy! It enhances your skin tone instead of caking it like some other foundations I have tried.I love that it also has SPF in it. I like to apply with my fingers and I get a nice, natural look..

I would say this foundation is perfect for anyone who wants healthy, glowing looking skin! If you find that your skin still feels dry, then have a hydrating primer underneath. I think this would also look good on oily skin.

My staple foundation and I highly recommend it

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It has been a while since I had this foundation. I like to try new products in case there is something better out there. But now I am going to repurchase this one becuase I have not come across any better product than this. My skin is slightly yellow toned and very fair and one of the lightest shades matched me perfectly. Normally I am matched on foundations that are too pink in comparision on my neck which is more yellow than my face. My skin is more dry on the winter and then I can have flaky skin as well. I do not have any other skinconcerns. Many tinted moisturizers and BB creams did not have anough coverage or they did not feel pleasing on my face. Some did not have a right color some were too greasy. This one have slightly more coverage than your usual tinted moisturizers and BBs. And it does not feel heavy and creasy, yet my skin does not feel tight with it either. I love the fact that I do not need to powder after using this. I also thisnk it is a huge plus that it is not fragranced. Before when I was younger I did not used to care if products were fragranced or not and I even liked fragranced products. Now as I am older I feel I want to take good care of my skin and remain my youthfull look as long as possible and I definitely do not want to put any fragrance anywhere on my skin, not even in form of actual fragrance. I do not like all Bobbis products but this one is a winner.

To Read all 472 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a pretty decent foundation, nothing out of the ordinary though. I bought it solely because it had great reviews on this site and it definitely didn't work as well for me as it did for other people on here.

It's very light, if you have blemishes or acne problems this foundation will absolutely not cover any of that up. It's very sheer and sure does look like skin so anyone who naturally has good skin this would probably work amazing for you! That's not my case however, so I was a little disappointed with it originally.

It also comes off as very oily throughout the day, after a good few hours my forehead is reflecting every bit of light off it like nothing else. I don't even have oily skin, my skin is pretty normal and can sometimes get on the dry side if I can't be bothered applying moisturiser. So with this foundation I always apply translucent powder on top, and I never use powder with any of my other foundations (it's too cakey - hate the effect powder gives off).

What I do like about it is two things - 1) it's very sheer and looks completely natural. I wear it to work and it works very well, doesn't slip off my face and doesn't patch up in areas like most other foundations do. I do work in an office though so can't speak for how it would work for anyone who is running around all day. 2) you can't notice it slowly coming off your face throughout the day. Most foundations with me I find when they start coming off they come off unevenly and you can notice that a certain area doesn't have coverage anymore. This one you can't notice a thing. When I go to use makeup wipes at the end of the day to take it off 99% of it is gone and my wipe is almost completely white, I never notice until I look at my wipe and realise I've had no foundation on for a while. Then again, goes to show how light the coverage is for this foundation.

Overall I would recommend it to someone who doesn't have problem skin, or someone that doesn't have oily skin. If you have mild to sever acne or oil problems then this foundation will do nothing for you in the best case scenario or in the worst case it will make you look like you spread olive oil on your face as a moisturiser. If you have good skin and like a light coverage then go for it. Personally it's just not 100% what I look for in a foundation but that's because of what I prefer/how my skin is. I can definitely imagine some people would worship this foundation.

on 3/7/2016 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

In my opinion, a very light to medium matte coverage IF you don't reapply some more. Has a cosmetic smell to it, which i don't mind. Overall a good foundation, stays trough the whole day, if you want to keep it matte you have to apply some sort of mattifying powder and primer. Otherwise it gets a bit oily during the day which is expected.

Feels like there are better and cheaper foundations that can be found with the same quality and with a better colour range.

It's a nice foundation.

There's not a big range of colors but that's ok.

It felt really good on my skin when i just applied it, but there's one thing:

My skin is greasy and then It's not long wearable at all.. Even when i tried to use it with primers and loose setting powder, at the end of the day it looked so bad... I had patches everywhere, which i normally NEVER have with other foundations.

I think this foundation is a good foundation, but not if you have oily skin.
Since the oils start to develop throughout the day, it really starts to affect the foundation in a heavy way. (-> not resistant at all for oils)

I've just started using this foundation, when my favourite tinted mouisturizer was discontinued. Love how light it is and the buildable coverage. it is a good match for my skin and doesn't settle into fine lines. I only use foundation to even out skin tone and sun protection. So this is perfect for me, but would not be great if you require tons of coverage.

The texture of the foundation is nice and fluidy. It easily glides onto the skin. Yet it is difficult to apply it without getting skin flakes visible. I also find it not very suitable for combination skin. It glides too much on the skin which makes it difficult to keep make up in place during the day. The redness of the cheeks would still come through after applying the foundation.

on 1/17/2016 10:51:00 PM

Great foundation. I use it with a Beauty Blender and have been very happy.

on 1/8/2016 2:38:00 PM

I hate foundation, but if I have to wear one this is one of my favorites. It's very light feeling and kind of watery. My skin tends to be a little red and this covers all that up. I am very fair and I wear the lightest shade. It doesn't oxidize during the day which I love. The only thing I don't like about this is when I have little dried flaky skin this will enhance it. My skin is combination, I have a really oily t-zone but I still get flaky skin. I have just discovered mixing this with my tinted moisturizer from Tarte and it makes the perfect combination for covering my skin without emphasizing those pesky flakes.

Really wanted the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, but unfortunately they didn't have one that was quite right for my skin tone. :(

Anyhoo, decided to try this instead as I use a lot of Bobbi Brown products that seem to never fail me! Plus, I know she accommodates fair skin well. I was right! Alabaster (00) is a perfect fit for my skin tone, and I love the light coverage, lack of fragrance and dewy finish. It seems to blur my pores and make my dry skin glow a little!

Now, I do get pimples which this foundation does not cover. I spot cover with Bobbi's correction stick (I think that's what it's called? The tiny foundation stick?) which has fuller coverage. I don't like full coverage all over my face, but if you do, this foundation probably is not for you.

Also, I love the pump. It dispenses a good amount, though I find I have to do another half-pump to get the coverage that I like. :)

If you have dry skin that is pretty clear and just want an extra boost, this is a great foundation! I knocked off one lippie for the price because I do believe it's pretty expensive, but even so I will probably repurchase.