Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

3.7

Skin Foundation SPF 15 – (Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% and Titanium Dioxide 1.00%) Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Silica, Magnesim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

I really like it for a dewy, radiant skin look. Got mine in 1 Warm Ivory, although I have a cold undertone. It cancels out all the redness in my face. Looks literally like skin, blends seamlessly. I feel like it requires a different application than my other foundations, definitely:

- use a primer, I use Guerlain L'Or, gives a nice glow to the skin;
    - apply with a beautyblender, I have no idea why they recommend a brush, I feel that a sponge gives a more natural finish;
    - use cream/liquid highlighter and blush, looks MUCH better than powder with this foundation;
    - use a hydrating concealer for under your eyes;
    -SET! It really needs a setting spray, powdering it makes it looks weird in my opinion;
    - if you get even a little bit oily during the day I would recommend carrying a blotting paper in your handbag;

Overall I would recommend it to anyone with dry to normal skin looking for a dewy finish. Definitely not for mixed or oily skin, would probably melt away after a couple of hours.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm shocked at the amount of average or poor reviews on this foundation....it is incredible! For a first i use the natural tan 4.25 shade, which i think is almost perfect as it can sometimes look a tad bit light on me depending on how much sun there is on that particular day.

The reason why i gave 4 lipstick rating for the overall rating and the packaging rating is because this is a glass bottle so it isn't as safe to travel with, although i appreciate that this has a pump unlike the moisture rick foundation and because it is only a sheer/light-medium coverage. But having said that i will say why this is now my holy-grail foundation.

It honestly lives up to the name 'skin foundation' as it is the only foundation i have ever used that actually looks so incredibly natural, that it almost is an improved version of my own skin...that is rare for a foundation to make you look like you're not wearing a lot of makeup or looks obvious but actually improves the look of your complexion and clarity of your skin. It is for the look the foundation gives that this foundation gets so much love from me.

Also an added plus is the fact that i cannot feel this on my skin. i have used drugstore foundations that made me want to scratch the foundation off my face, but this is wonderful to wear. The finish of the foundation is a natural dewy finish, meaning that the finish is not greasy or oily looking at all, but rather has an overall visible dewyness without actually feeling wet and oily or looking oily and makes the skin look radiant.

Thankfully as well this does not separate on my skin, move around during application with a brush or transfer like mad by just one touch of the finger like the dreadful BB moisture rich foundation, which made me even happier. I will say though that a concealer is required to cover blemishes as this is light/medium coverage and will not cover it, but i have noticed that it blurs my blemishes like my acne scars beautifully unlike some drugstore foundations i used that actually highlighted my acne scars.

I actually bought this foundation after i saw my auntie wearing this foundation for a wedding and was awestruck seeing her skin as i have never seen anybody wear foundation that looks that natural or skin-like and pretty, so had to pick it up but the idiotic sales woman on the BB counter recommended the moisture rich for me which was hideous beyond words, and after getting annoyed by that i then went online and bought this foundation in the same shade i was colour matched to for the moisture rich, and the shade although the same name wasn't exactly the same, as the moisture rich was more yellow/orange, which was the prime thing i hated about the foundation, and then the same shade with the skin foundation wasn't as orange-looking which made me happy.

In terms of skin type, my skin is quite confusing as my skin isn't particularly oily, and only looks oily when i wear moisturisers, but most of the times it looks dull and dehydrated, and is quite acne prone on my cheeks but mostly i have slight acne scars on my cheeks, i never have actual acne with multiple pimples, just one or two here and there sometimes.

I wouldn't recommend this foundation to anybody with oily skin, or people suffering from more than just occasional breakouts and acne scars. Overall this is my holy grail foundation and love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I've always been on the fence with this one.
    I first tried it a few years ago and ended up tossing it after a year because I never reached for it since the coverage is very sheer and it can become greasy on the skin. I recently purchased it again in the color golden. I am in between nc44/nc45 and golden matches my skin tone best, maybe even a tad too orange if I want to be picky. This works for me on my absolute best skin days where I have no blemishes or oiliness whatsoever. But like most of us, those days can be rare.
    But on average, I don't like this foundation. I use two pumps and I find it does not cover well. And if I use more, it feels heavy and greasy. After wearing it for an hour, my skin looks oily. It also transfers easily and is not long lasting. If I lightly press my finger on my face while wearing it, almost all of it transfers to my finger from that one spot.
    Like I mentioned in my other Bobbi brown reviews, their prices are constantly rising and quality is decreasing. This is most likely my last purchase from BB. Not happy with their products and prices anymore

on 1/26/2017 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have combination to dry skin plus sensitive. When my skin does not like a product, it will react with either redness, itchiness, dehydration and patchiness, or in the most severe cases it will break out with huge red bumps that sit under the skin for weeks and then leave scars. This foundation did all of that to me! I stopped wearing it 3 days ago and I can already see a huge difference (=I'm sure it was the foundation).
    I will never ever buy this stuff again, nor would I recommend it even to my worst enemies. It's crazy expensive, does not last at all, disappears from the skin in a strangest patchy way and has damaged my skin to such an extent that I almost cried when I looked in the mirror after a week of daily use of this thing

on 1/14/2017 6:14:00 AM

Applies like silk, looks like skin, great shade range, build able.

I have dry skin, works great all year round with moisturiser undernethe, although I opt for a more moisturising foundation in winter as this is oil free.

If you want your base to look like you then go for a bobbi foundation

on 12/30/2016 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried so many actually too many high end and low end foundations and this one looked good on but as soon as I steeped outside and looked in the mirror i seen how oxidized my face looked I was looking for someth to give a natural look and light coverage this didn't cut it for me and for the price I have tried better. My face is not too dry and not too oily except around and on my noise but this did mk my face have a slight break out every time I wore it. I think with this foundation you either love or hate it no inbetween. I have currently switched to Clinique Even Better #4 & #5 shades and love both!! The SA was so sweet gave me 2 huge samples. Their isn't much I have liked lately of Bobbie Browns the price is steep and the quality isn't there and I don't mind investing in facial products at all! I don't really recommend this, it maybe good for other skin types but I felt it really clogged my pours.

on 11/23/2016 6:50:00 AM

As far as coverage goes this product is fantastic-- just be sure to set! Aside from the coverage and the color selection, I did not find much to like about this product. It has a strange perfume scent that I find to be over powering and your skin will not thank you for wearing this product! If you have dry skin this product is not for you, if you have acne prone or sensitive skin this product is not for you! It will not give you a rash but do expect to find a few angry breakouts the next morning-- and the more you use it the more breakouts you'll have!

on 10/9/2016 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If I was to map my face out based on whether each area was oily or dry, I'd say my forehead is about as dry as anything, and my nose is EXTREMELY oily. Now, this foundation was recommended to me as I absolutely love Sheer Glow and wanted to try something new. Unfortunately, this did not work for me. My shade was 3 Beige, and to give you an idea of my skin tone, I'm probably an NC20/Punjab in Sheer Glow, matches that are DEAD onto my actual skin tone. When applying the Bobbi Brown Foundation, it was runny as hell. Trust me when I say runny as hell. I had tried a stippling brush, a flat top kabuki, my beauty blender, my fingers and somehow this foundation just does absolutely nothing for me. I applied my shade and while it looked perfect in stores, when the lady colour matched me, this foundation when I had applied it at home, looked so disgustingly pink. Being someone with yellow undertones, being matched to something with really weird pink undertones does not look good at all. I've tried this foundation so many times hoping that it'd work out for me, but EVERY TIME it just doesn't happen. For the price I paid, which was $72AUD, I'm so so so so disappointed. I just recently purchased another bottle of Sheer Glow as this foundation was such a let down, and I've been so put off trying anything else.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Terrible. The grating counter assistant 'matched me' to 'warm sand' and was 'sure I am this shade'. Isn't it the most annoying thing when the assistants are 'sure' that they know what we need and how we should spend our money?! Thank goodness I only came home with the sample and did not spend my money on this garbage.

The colour warm sand looked incredibly pale on me. So pale that I looked so odd and fake that I had to wash it off before leaving the house. Secondly, the foundation has very little coverage and doesn't even cover minor redness properly. Despite the disappointing coverage, it got quite cakey very quickly. It also looked streaky and had a dewy appearance that did not look natural at all. For the price, I was expecting this foundation to be really good but no...

on 8/21/2016 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I usually don't mind paying more for foundations, I have bought lots!! I always come back to this one, love the texture, , love the natural finish too...as I get older I prefer a natural looking fondation...choice of colors is good too, although I wish there were more neutral beige..it is sheer to medium coverage, enough for me...if you like thicker foundations, this won't do.
    Just great, love it in summer, love it in winter...it feels comfortable, still isn't too shiny...I think it is bette for normal to dry skin.