Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

3.7

Skin Foundation SPF 15 – (Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50 and Titanium Dioxide 1.00) Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Silica, Magnesim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this foundation from day 1. However it needs to be set with powder as I have oily skin. Medium coverage, that is buildable.. Ran out and repurchased, however ended up dropping the new bottle on the floor and cracked it, spilt all over my floor. Love the dewy finish, one of my all time favourite foundations. Nice colour selection. Pricey but worth it.

on 9/13/2017 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've heard great things about the colours of Bobbi Brown's foundations. Being chinese, I find it extremely hard to find a foundation with the right undertones; they are usually to pink even though its the most yellow toned foundation out of their collection. I got matched to number 3, which looked great in store, however when I went home and tried it on again under natural light, the undertone was still not perfect. In fact, it was actually a tad too dark. So I went and laid under the sun and got a bit darker. Not gonna waste this foundation at £34! It offers a quite sheer coverage, which I find after 8 hours will fade despite me using a primer and setting powder on top. I have to literally pat on my setting powder to keep my oily shine under control - I normally just sweep on a light layer so it looks more natural. I do find my face looks a bit dull at the end of the day too, whereas when I have just applied it would look more fresh and glowing. This is a downfall of many foundations I find. I apply this foundation with my Shiseido foundation brush, as I find using a beauty blender will sheer it out even more. Doesn't irritate my skin so thats a good point. I find that the foundation doesn't set immediately after application, it sort of sits on your skin, before sinking in after a while, so don't touch your face after applying! Normally 2 pumps I need for my face. Because of how sheer it is., it does look quite natural on the skin.
Its an ok foundation, I don't find anything spectacular about this foundation, and its not one that I would repurchase. Not worth £34.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really disappointed to be writing this review, because I loved this product so much in-store. It matches my skin tone perfectly and it has a nice coverage that seems very buildable. I balked at the price, but I figured that if it was a good foundation it would be worthwhile. What I found, however, was that it had virtually no staying power, and even the slightest smudge was enough to take off a glob of makeup. Even with setting spray AND primer I have to be extremely careful about not touching my face. Sadly, I think I'll be returning this product, since $60 CAD is awfully pricey for a foundation that needs a lot of extra help to stay on.

on 8/14/2017 10:11:00 AM

I bought this looking for a light coverage foundation I could build to medium which could be used on days I wanted something light on my skin but lasting. The first few times I used it were weekends. Fine for a day afternoon doing casual stuff but I only had it on for a few hours.
I then tried it for a full day at work in an office. This is where it really let me down. It rubbed off, it went shiny and it oxidises. It's so so runny and I apply with a brush. I need quite a few pumps to get enough for my face.
I feel bad for giving it a low score as the coverage is upfront as sheer light and doesn't pretend to be anything else. I shouldn't really rate it down for that. It does say long lasting though, and it's not so I'm rating it down for its staying power, shine and for oxidising. I'll keep it for weekends and shorter spells with make up.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of this from a counter and I am not impressed! Such a shame as initially I thought it was going to be perfect

Pros
- Lovely colour match (warm beige)
- Looked very natural
- Felt light on the skin

Cons
- After only a few hours it felt heavy and sticky on the skin
- No lasting power (my t zone was shiny after just 3 hours which doesn't happen with other foundations)
- Gave me a few horrible breakouts which could be due to the spf as I am sensitive to chemical ones (I couldn't find an ingredients list which was strange)

on 6/28/2017 3:46:00 AM

Bobbi Brown is a life saver for me. I have a surprisingly difficult skin tone and have been difficult to match. Most makeup counters and artists choose far too pink/neutral foundations that ultimately make me look like I am wearing a mask. On the other spectrum, too yellow of foundations leave me looking sickly. Needless to say I have neutral skin, with warm/peach undertones. Bobbi Brow's skin foundation in #3 Beige is the perfect color match for my summer skin and #2 is perfect for my winter color (at least with their stick foundation, which I have used a loved, it just didn't last very long).

This foundation holds well on combination skin (oily T-zone and normal to dry cheeks) and doesn't leave the drier areas looking patchy. I set my t-zone with a powder and do have to touch up/dab mid-day. I would say this foundation is light (maybe medium-ish) coverage but I have not been able to build it very well for more coverage. It has a lovely natural finish. I have applied with with hands, beauty blender, and a stippling brush and by far the best application and coverage comes from the brush.

Highly recommend! I will be repurchasing in the lighter shade in preparation for winter. So happy I gave this a shot.

on 4/30/2017 2:13:00 AM

It is a great foundation for mixed/oily skin. It will give you natural look without mask effect. The look is semi matte with healthy luminosity (definitely not too much glow, just a healthy natural look). I have lately tested Guerlain, Chanel, Lancome and Dior foundation. Bobbi's Skin Foundation beats them all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the super liquid texture and the medium coverage of this foundation, so easy to put on and blend! Looks super smooth, natural and slightly dewy.
Unfortunately, I couldn't make this work with my skin. It sits on top and moves all over the face even with setting powder. I had some breakouts each time I was trying to use it. It transfers everywhere.
SPF 15 isn't sufficient by any means and I'm not sure why it is there. It gives light flashback on pictures (your skin will look two shades lighter than it is). I also find that it oxidizes a bit through the day.
Doesn't worth the money.

on 6/19/2017 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is supposed to be for normal to oily skin. I have combination with an oily T-zone.
Within an hour of application and setting i look like a greaseball. I always have to bake with this foundation and even then i have to blot and re-powder many times a day..very annoying because of the price.

Besides that..it has a watery texture and feels very light on the skin. The finish looks perfect.indeed like skin.

I think for people with normal to dry skin..this foundation would be great...just not for me...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has got to be the single worst non-drugstore foundation I have ever tried. Not only did I get home to discover the so called 'Beige' shade (the coolest tone they seemed to carry) I was matched to was too yellow for me under natural light but worse was to come.
The texture of this foundation is SO runny that by the afternoon of the first day I wore it it had literally ran off my forehead and was pooling in my eyebrows and around the bottom of my chin. I have dry skin (in fact the saleslady specifically recommended this foundation for dry skin, I guess because for normal or oilier its a complete greaseball disaster) and have never experienced this before with any other foundation whether low or high end. And yes, I did use a primer.
Even though I only ever wore it once, I kept finding traces of this foundation everywhere - my clothes, my towels, even my phone. Yuck!