Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

3.7

Skin Foundation SPF 15 – (Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50 and Titanium Dioxide 1.00) Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Silica, Magnesim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 4/25/2017 2:06:00 AM

This is perfect for my skin. I have dry/combination skin. I'm 32 so I have a few wrinkles and some signs of aging. I love this foundation because it feels like you have nothing on at all and has medium coverage and is totally buildable. It's nice and dewy, not oily at all or too shiny just healthy looking and I never have any flaky spots where I would normally in the past. Get a nice foundation brush I use Sephora's 99 I believe foundation brush. It's nice and dense so the product doesn't sink in and stays on top. Anyway it's totally worth it to have a good brush and this foundation deserves it. Then I'll tap my face a little after a few minutes or use a blender to tap it. Anyway I've tried so many foundations and this one changed my life.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this foundation for at least 10 yrs. For some reason lately I have been on a make up buying spree like a zombie apocalypse is about to happen and I will need to have a full face of make up on at all times to survive. Anyways I have probably purchased 10 to 12 different foundations in the last 6 months, all prestige brands for the most part. After trying several different ones, and liking some of them a lot, I still find myself reaching for this one the most. I suspect it is because I know exactly how this one is going to perform under all conditions. For me personally, this is a light to medium coverage foundation and the color match is perfect. I can apply it with my fingers when I am in a hurry, or a beauty blender when I want a more flawless look. It always looks natural on me with either application, my skin just better. I have skin that is on the dry, dehydrated side because I use retinols and acids regularly, but I can get a little oily in my t-zone, especially in the summer. I like the dewy finish I get with this foundation, and I found if I use a primer (I like Becca's new purple one or their backlight one) I get very little transfer. Hope this review helps if you are thinking about trying this foundation.

on 4/16/2017 7:47:00 PM

I'm surprised that this is rated so low! I've tried a lot of foundations from both the same price range and some drugstore ones, but I find myself constantly revisiting this product. It is definitely a lot sheerer than most, but if you're into a more natural, slightly dewy finish, then this is perfect. What I like about it is how perfectly it matches my skin tone (I'm a warm sand), and how it gives me the right amount of coverage, making my skin look even. It's super natural so it ends up looking more like a flawless version of my face, instead of thick and overly made-up. The texture is a little watery so application can get tricky, but once you get it on, it really melts into the skin.

I'm usually a ratings sucker, so I can't understand the low stars on this one! I guess you really have to try things out for yourself and see what works!

on 4/3/2017 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is like water in a bottle. It dribbles off the back of my hand before I can apply it and there is no coverage. It looked so good in the store. What kind of witchcraft did the SA use to not spill it everywhere and manage to get beautiful coverage on my face?

And yes - I used a primer and a paddle brush. The end result? A hot swirly mess of foundation streaks all over my face and a messy bottle from the watery liquid dripping out of the pump.

I'm so disappointed, Bobbi. You're better than this.

I really like it for a dewy, radiant skin look. Got mine in 1 Warm Ivory, although I have a cold undertone. It cancels out all the redness in my face. Looks literally like skin, blends seamlessly. I feel like it requires a different application than my other foundations, definitely:

- use a primer, I use Guerlain L'Or, gives a nice glow to the skin;
- apply with a beautyblender, I have no idea why they recommend a brush, I feel that a sponge gives a more natural finish;
- use cream/liquid highlighter and blush, looks MUCH better than powder with this foundation;
- use a hydrating concealer for under your eyes;
-SET! It really needs a setting spray, powdering it makes it looks weird in my opinion;
- if you get even a little bit oily during the day I would recommend carrying a blotting paper in your handbag;

Overall I would recommend it to anyone with dry to normal skin looking for a dewy finish. Definitely not for mixed or oily skin, would probably melt away after a couple of hours.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm shocked at the amount of average or poor reviews on this foundation....it is incredible! For a first i use the natural tan 4.25 shade, which i think is almost perfect as it can sometimes look a tad bit light on me depending on how much sun there is on that particular day.

The reason why i gave 4 lipstick rating for the overall rating and the packaging rating is because this is a glass bottle so it isn't as safe to travel with, although i appreciate that this has a pump unlike the moisture rick foundation and because it is only a sheer/light-medium coverage. But having said that i will say why this is now my holy-grail foundation.

It honestly lives up to the name 'skin foundation' as it is the only foundation i have ever used that actually looks so incredibly natural, that it almost is an improved version of my own skin...that is rare for a foundation to make you look like you're not wearing a lot of makeup or looks obvious but actually improves the look of your complexion and clarity of your skin. It is for the look the foundation gives that this foundation gets so much love from me.

Also an added plus is the fact that i cannot feel this on my skin. i have used drugstore foundations that made me want to scratch the foundation off my face, but this is wonderful to wear. The finish of the foundation is a natural dewy finish, meaning that the finish is not greasy or oily looking at all, but rather has an overall visible dewyness without actually feeling wet and oily or looking oily and makes the skin look radiant.

Thankfully as well this does not separate on my skin, move around during application with a brush or transfer like mad by just one touch of the finger like the dreadful BB moisture rich foundation, which made me even happier. I will say though that a concealer is required to cover blemishes as this is light/medium coverage and will not cover it, but i have noticed that it blurs my blemishes like my acne scars beautifully unlike some drugstore foundations i used that actually highlighted my acne scars.

I actually bought this foundation after i saw my auntie wearing this foundation for a wedding and was awestruck seeing her skin as i have never seen anybody wear foundation that looks that natural or skin-like and pretty, so had to pick it up but the idiotic sales woman on the BB counter recommended the moisture rich for me which was hideous beyond words, and after getting annoyed by that i then went online and bought this foundation in the same shade i was colour matched to for the moisture rich, and the shade although the same name wasn't exactly the same, as the moisture rich was more yellow/orange, which was the prime thing i hated about the foundation, and then the same shade with the skin foundation wasn't as orange-looking which made me happy.

In terms of skin type, my skin is quite confusing as my skin isn't particularly oily, and only looks oily when i wear moisturisers, but most of the times it looks dull and dehydrated, and is quite acne prone on my cheeks but mostly i have slight acne scars on my cheeks, i never have actual acne with multiple pimples, just one or two here and there sometimes.

I wouldn't recommend this foundation to anybody with oily skin, or people suffering from more than just occasional breakouts and acne scars. Overall this is my holy grail foundation and love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I've always been on the fence with this one.
I first tried it a few years ago and ended up tossing it after a year because I never reached for it since the coverage is very sheer and it can become greasy on the skin. I recently purchased it again in the color golden. I am in between nc44/nc45 and golden matches my skin tone best, maybe even a tad too orange if I want to be picky. This works for me on my absolute best skin days where I have no blemishes or oiliness whatsoever. But like most of us, those days can be rare.
But on average, I don't like this foundation. I use two pumps and I find it does not cover well. And if I use more, it feels heavy and greasy. After wearing it for an hour, my skin looks oily. It also transfers easily and is not long lasting. If I lightly press my finger on my face while wearing it, almost all of it transfers to my finger from that one spot.
Like I mentioned in my other Bobbi brown reviews, their prices are constantly rising and quality is decreasing. This is most likely my last purchase from BB. Not happy with their products and prices anymore

on 1/26/2017 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have combination to dry skin plus sensitive. When my skin does not like a product, it will react with either redness, itchiness, dehydration and patchiness, or in the most severe cases it will break out with huge red bumps that sit under the skin for weeks and then leave scars. This foundation did all of that to me! I stopped wearing it 3 days ago and I can already see a huge difference (=I'm sure it was the foundation).
I will never ever buy this stuff again, nor would I recommend it even to my worst enemies. It's crazy expensive, does not last at all, disappears from the skin in a strangest patchy way and has damaged my skin to such an extent that I almost cried when I looked in the mirror after a week of daily use of this thing

on 1/14/2017 6:14:00 AM

Applies like silk, looks like skin, great shade range, build able.

I have dry skin, works great all year round with moisturiser undernethe, although I opt for a more moisturising foundation in winter as this is oil free.

If you want your base to look like you then go for a bobbi foundation

on 12/30/2016 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried so many actually too many high end and low end foundations and this one looked good on but as soon as I steeped outside and looked in the mirror i seen how oxidized my face looked I was looking for someth to give a natural look and light coverage this didn't cut it for me and for the price I have tried better. My face is not too dry and not too oily except around and on my noise but this did mk my face have a slight break out every time I wore it. I think with this foundation you either love or hate it no inbetween. I have currently switched to Clinique Even Better #4 & #5 shades and love both!! The SA was so sweet gave me 2 huge samples. Their isn't much I have liked lately of Bobbie Browns the price is steep and the quality isn't there and I don't mind investing in facial products at all! I don't really recommend this, it maybe good for other skin types but I felt it really clogged my pours.