Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

3.7

Skin Foundation SPF 15 – (Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50 and Titanium Dioxide 1.00) Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Silica, Magnesim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm loving how this looks on my mature skin. It gives a beautiful glow yet natural finish. It works well with normal/dry to slightly combination skin which is my skin type. Covers my rosacea but doesn't look like a mask. Enough colors and i found a perfect color to match my skin exactly. I wear warm sand (I'm Nc 20 in MAC) and this color works great for my olive toned skin.

I still need a concealer for my melasma spots but I'm ok with that b/c I don't want full coverage. It feels light enough with a moist finish. Eventually it dries but it takes hours not minutes so it does transfer. This problem could be due to the humidity where I live even in AC.

I don't have a problem with the consistency. I have used my fingers, brushes, and BB to apply and I like my fingers the best. Brush needed fingers after, BB seemed to soak up product, however I loved my Laura Mercier sponge to apply, so fingers were best on first pass and then sponge to smooth out coverage.

Comes in a glass bottle with pump. Has SPF15 which is not serious coverage but can help if you like layering.

Love, love, love this foundation! Truly skin like, and buildable coverage by just patting on more products on area that you need. Even after building coverage, it doesn’t look cakey or heavy. I used my fingers to pat in the foundation, I think the warmth of the fingers helps to melt the foundation in better. I live in a humid country, have combination skin with acne marks and dry patches from my retin-a. The foundation may look more glowy/dewy (not oil slick kind of look) throughout the day, just need to lightly dust some loose powder or pressed powder, and it’s all back to normal. I like it because it looks totally natural on the skin and it evens out the skin nicely without looking too made up.

on 3/26/2018 5:28:00 AM

Ok I LOVE this foundation
I think it's my holy grail and I have been searching for years.
My skin is dry and some foundations that say they for dry skin don't work on me ( nars sheer glow in looking at you)
I love mac face and body ( n1) but I wanted something with a but more coverage but still dewy.
I tried chanel vitalumiere but the colour range is bad ( the lightest shade is my summer shade)
So I got a sample of bobbi brown skin. It's beautiful. It looks like skin but wayyyyy better. It's a light medium coverage. The colour range is great. I'm warm ivory and it's perfect for me.
It lasts well ( with primer and setting spray) and feels like nothing on my skin but make my skin look beautiful.
I 100 percent recommend trying it out.

on 2/17/2018 6:48:00 AM

I got a sample of this and then got a full size. Its fab! It got a lovely sheen but not slippery or oily, it has quite good coverage although not full; i would say medium (coverage is better than Mac face and body but with similar glow). Its also taken me years to find the right shade. It is pricey so ill be saving it for weekends/nights out only. I use Rimmel’s new breathable foundation everyday which is a great drugstore one which i use for work. 😀

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this foundation from day 1. However it needs to be set with powder as I have oily skin. Medium coverage, that is buildable.. Ran out and repurchased, however ended up dropping the new bottle on the floor and cracked it, spilt all over my floor. Love the dewy finish, one of my all time favourite foundations. Nice colour selection. Pricey but worth it.

on 9/13/2017 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've heard great things about the colours of Bobbi Brown's foundations. Being chinese, I find it extremely hard to find a foundation with the right undertones; they are usually to pink even though its the most yellow toned foundation out of their collection. I got matched to number 3, which looked great in store, however when I went home and tried it on again under natural light, the undertone was still not perfect. In fact, it was actually a tad too dark. So I went and laid under the sun and got a bit darker. Not gonna waste this foundation at £34! It offers a quite sheer coverage, which I find after 8 hours will fade despite me using a primer and setting powder on top. I have to literally pat on my setting powder to keep my oily shine under control - I normally just sweep on a light layer so it looks more natural. I do find my face looks a bit dull at the end of the day too, whereas when I have just applied it would look more fresh and glowing. This is a downfall of many foundations I find. I apply this foundation with my Shiseido foundation brush, as I find using a beauty blender will sheer it out even more. Doesn't irritate my skin so thats a good point. I find that the foundation doesn't set immediately after application, it sort of sits on your skin, before sinking in after a while, so don't touch your face after applying! Normally 2 pumps I need for my face. Because of how sheer it is., it does look quite natural on the skin.
Its an ok foundation, I don't find anything spectacular about this foundation, and its not one that I would repurchase. Not worth £34.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of this from a counter and I am not impressed! Such a shame as initially I thought it was going to be perfect

Pros
- Lovely colour match (warm beige)
- Looked very natural
- Felt light on the skin

Cons
- After only a few hours it felt heavy and sticky on the skin
- No lasting power (my t zone was shiny after just 3 hours which doesn't happen with other foundations)
- Gave me a few horrible breakouts which could be due to the spf as I am sensitive to chemical ones (I couldn't find an ingredients list which was strange)

on 8/14/2017 10:11:00 AM

I bought this looking for a light coverage foundation I could build to medium which could be used on days I wanted something light on my skin but lasting. The first few times I used it were weekends. Fine for a day afternoon doing casual stuff but I only had it on for a few hours.
I then tried it for a full day at work in an office. This is where it really let me down. It rubbed off, it went shiny and it oxidises. It's so so runny and I apply with a brush. I need quite a few pumps to get enough for my face.
I feel bad for giving it a low score as the coverage is upfront as sheer light and doesn't pretend to be anything else. I shouldn't really rate it down for that. It does say long lasting though, and it's not so I'm rating it down for its staying power, shine and for oxidising. I'll keep it for weekends and shorter spells with make up.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really disappointed to be writing this review, because I loved this product so much in-store. It matches my skin tone perfectly and it has a nice coverage that seems very buildable. I balked at the price, but I figured that if it was a good foundation it would be worthwhile. What I found, however, was that it had virtually no staying power, and even the slightest smudge was enough to take off a glob of makeup. Even with setting spray AND primer I have to be extremely careful about not touching my face. Sadly, I think I'll be returning this product, since $60 CAD is awfully pricey for a foundation that needs a lot of extra help to stay on.

on 6/28/2017 3:46:00 AM

Bobbi Brown is a life saver for me. I have a surprisingly difficult skin tone and have been difficult to match. Most makeup counters and artists choose far too pink/neutral foundations that ultimately make me look like I am wearing a mask. On the other spectrum, too yellow of foundations leave me looking sickly. Needless to say I have neutral skin, with warm/peach undertones. Bobbi Brow's skin foundation in #3 Beige is the perfect color match for my summer skin and #2 is perfect for my winter color (at least with their stick foundation, which I have used a loved, it just didn't last very long).

This foundation holds well on combination skin (oily T-zone and normal to dry cheeks) and doesn't leave the drier areas looking patchy. I set my t-zone with a powder and do have to touch up/dab mid-day. I would say this foundation is light (maybe medium-ish) coverage but I have not been able to build it very well for more coverage. It has a lovely natural finish. I have applied with with hands, beauty blender, and a stippling brush and by far the best application and coverage comes from the brush.

Highly recommend! I will be repurchasing in the lighter shade in preparation for winter. So happy I gave this a shot.